Kino no Tabi

What the fuck, this was the most depressing thing I've ever seen.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e3oNr1rwEJE
youtube.com/watch?v=eUdfvOCJnBQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>gook encode
>.mp4
What did he mean by this?

My heart.

More like creepy and plain stupid. Literally a mass suicide of a bunch of fanatics

>air day
>thread is already dead 1 hour in
Why? ;_;

Why are we still here

Is the show dead here on Sup Forums?

I though anons liked Kino.

No subs.
Also Sup Forums loves old Kino but most seems to dislike the new one.

>What the fuck, this was the most depressing thing I've ever seen.
This show is the closest thing anime has to the Twilight Zone style of bizarre plot twist story telling.

Ravioli
Ravioli
Kino could have saved the lava loli.

Everybody on the staff side seemed to be mostly commenting on the Aoi thing.(how she had her anime debut in this same episode years ago and now she is playing Kino)

Why exactly was this put here? It really threw me off since it's not the last episode.

the mangaka died.

Sigsawa wants to troll around I guess

I thought Kino already had this gun back in the tournament.
Or maybe I'm just confused.

Flashback

tripfag is a dense mother fuck.

Maybe "forced drama" isn't just some silly buzzword after all.

forced drama has been around since you fell uɐʇɐs...

SAKURA NO ;_;

This fucking episode, Fuck them parents.

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.

Wait so was that meant to be Aibou? Did he just let himself die as well? I thought at least he wouldn't be crazy enough to take part in that.

What a nice country.

2003 Version makes me sad
2017 Version fucking destroyed me

That was a very good upgrade, thanks you Lerche

I want to die.

Kino's reaction in this episode was much calmer than in the original. Nice.

If they knew beforehand why didn't they dig a trench and or build a wall to divert the lava?

>the tone Hermes uses to explain lava

Wew

>has a semi automatic pistol by john fucking browning
>uses a .44 revolver as her main gun
is Kino on the spectrum?

that was one of the first countries that kino visited

this

>he didn't read the LN

Even the power of JMB is not enough to overcome the limitations of .22lr.

i liked this episode but kino's reaction at the end of episode was just kind of MEH.
Still really nice episode.

I still don't understand why Kino didn't admit to knowing Master after all these years.

>Expecting a edgy reaction like this

I always felt that Nakamura Version of Kind Country was kind of empty, i mean, come on, the country looked like any other country and nothing special was going on, while here show how they actually care about the country, it feels with life until it last moments.

Lerche version is a upgrade because the new colors show kindness. Holy fuck, they even had 2 shoots of Kino being embarrased, in 2003 was awfully plain until the great twist.

This sucked.
The 2003 version was 100 times better. It had a lot more impact, no pun intended.

yup, yo're tottaly right, nakamuras version of reaction was very good

Still just as you said overall episode was done better by 2017. My only complain about episode is that scene.

I have no idea how they managed to adapt the same chapter in the old one, yet this feels 1000x times edgier and dumber.
This is truly one of the dumbest shows I've ever watched.

cause thats what Maser told Kino to tell if someone was asking about her.
I'm pretty sure that Partner realised that he moment Kino answered him

Most everyone dropped this when it just turned out to be very lazy.

On top of that, it's airing alongside a show which actually accomplishes what this one attempts.

That was absolutely retarded. It would be like someone staying in their house when a flash fire is coming. Those people died for no reason.

>What the fuck, this was the most depressing thing I've ever seen.
Watch the last episode of the old anime.
The lack of any sort of direction in this new anime is a bad joke.

As a fellow oldfag, you should kill yourself

2003 version was superior

Which one is better?
The new one got kino in cute clothes while the old one has better pacing.

I guess it was only in the novel then. I just rewatched it the Master episode and there's nothing.

not sure if this was in 2003 or in LN

Scanlines > 3D models

kino in cute clothes could stand to be a single picture so the old one obviously

'03 because of this track
youtube.com/watch?v=e3oNr1rwEJE

maidkino is cutekino

old kino was kinoer than this kino

'03 had better music which objectively makes it better than 2017.
youtube.com/watch?v=eUdfvOCJnBQ

Holy fuck that is adorable

QUALITY?
In my Kino??

it's even worse when you know exactly what's about to happen

'03 Kino is the best example of "sometimes less is more"

That girl looks like a jew.

Why is new kino so fucking horrible?

Careful, user. They're gonna call you a filthy secondary.

>lasts more than 10 seconds

It's no 2003 but it's alright.

I can't bring myself to watch it.
even if this is a new adaption, knowing exactly what is about to happen makes it really hard.

What's the frigging point of remaking an episode if it's inferior to the original in all aspects?

if anything the original ended up being harder to watch, since this time i knew what was coming instead of being blindsided by it

stop posting this ugly shit already

This is face o broken human being

Screwed up the aspect ratio.

No, the original isn't hard to watch.
You get this episode sold to you with the idea that it's a really kind country and then what happens is that it gets destroyed. But here, you know what is about to happen and going by what I've seen here is that the country is even nicer than before and it's just really sad.
Even if these people are fucking idiots, at least you can understand why they are such idiots.

kino looks less potato here

What else are they all going to do?
Go out into the vast wilderness?

Your taste is ugly shit, dude.

Rebuild the fucking town literally some miles away

According to the play they have already moved once, they could do it again.

new kino is decent but not as good as the original, is the consensus I think. I'm not watching it right now, because this is a catch-up season for me, but I'll probably watch it once it's complete

Holy shit, I didn't expect it to surpass the old version. What a pleasant surprise.

Different telling. It's why "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead" is a fun play off of "Hamlet."

8/10 bait, well done.

Have a (you)

Kinda off topic.
But what era does this anime take place?
2 episodes in and she has a laser sight on her pistol.
I thought it was like 40s era or something.
But clearly it's a bit more modern

There is no era, treat each country as its own world. Technology differs greatly between them.

Someone put pineapples on it

>era
There is no "era", don't try and make sense of it and place in some kind of logical time period in your head. There are countries that are hyper advanced and ones that are basically in the dark ages.

This triggers my autism.

I agree, the old version's drab visuals and tone made the impact of the episode rely on the audience knowing that Kino saw herself on Sakura. In the new one the country is actually likeable, and the episode works even without having established that.

Plebs, take off nostalgia goggles, please. 2017 version is very uneven and overall nowhere near as good as old adaptation but this episode was execured perfectly. It hit me way harder than when I was watching 2003 version.

i'm pretty sure that if they first show in tv land of adults this episode could be better understand by people new to this series

How many kids do you want Sup Forums?

As many as my waifu wants to have.

Rewatched the 2003 version and this episode back to back. Unlike the coliseum adaptation in the 2017 anime, I honestly think they did some things better than the first anime adaptation - the town looked a lot more lively, and the new scenes and brighter themed OST/palette the 2017 show uses worked for this story. Surprised to see that people here don't agree?
I guess I agree with that this episode was done well though most of the 2017's overall quality/direction is inferior to Nakamura's adaptation, I don't really understand this "nostalgia goggles" talk when you can rewatch the 2003 version at any time to keep it fresh in your mind.
Also have a loop of this cause I thought it was cute.

I want at least three so they won't be lonely at home whenever my wife and I are at work. It's also because if anything were to happen to their parents, death say, they wouldn't be alone.

Being an only child sucks especially when your dad isn't in your life, your mom leaves to god knows where to be a drug addict, and your only grandparents die of cancer & old age right after you graduate high school. I'm so fucking lonely. ;_;

And this is why the merchants are superior as they have no allegiance to any nation

2003 - episode 13

The new series is definitely less liked. but it still gets some discussion. I like the new series, even if it's not as quite as good as the 2003 one, but then I dind't expect it be as good either. Still, I'd rather no discussion to just lewdposting of Kino, which an unfortunate amount of these threads end up being.

She doesn't mention Master outside of that conversation.