Hajime No Ippo Thread

This made me kinda sad.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/3V0zP
youtube.com/watch?v=hLMTfIZiIGA
youtube.com/watch?v=Qpa_O9c7-JU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because it's written so badly?

Ippo will pull out a Rocky 3. Mark my words.

>Aoki negro

>Takamura loses to Aoki Negro
>ptsd triggers every time he sees Aoki

>we purposely trained him wrong, as a joke

What are some of the memes in this series?

Everything that Kamogawa does and says.

oxygen, everything about aoki, dempsey roll variations, ippos dick and dbs spic memes
thats what i can remember from old threads

everything aoki and takamura does

It's over.
The coach knows it as well.

imgur.com/a/3V0zP

Chapter 1203&1204 translated.

Boy oh boy. Is Takamura done for?

Yep.

>he's based on Shinji Takehara
>who lost his 25th match
>due to being blind in one eye
>against a black dude
>it's Takamuras 25th match

I'd say it's very likley.

>all those white eye shots
Can't say I'm sorry though, he's been pretty dickish for a while. Like, not just regular Takamura dickish, advanced dickish.

Whatever happens with Ippo, I'm just sad Itagaki's been nerfed into a jobber. I liked his fights.

Kamogawa

God, that spic translation pisses me off. I've fucking had those chapters translated J->E and publicly available since, like, a week ago on DynamiteGlove.
And it's not fucking "You're done"; it's "It has ended".

I'm probably retarded but I how do I read 1204?

They probably mistranslated "Acabou" (It's over/It's done) as if it was "Você está acabado" (You're done for); the latter wouldn't sound right in portuguese at that scene

hit load more images

>brazucas
>"spics"
they wish

>this scene
>with this song youtube.com/watch?v=hLMTfIZiIGA
i'm crying ;-;

>inb4 Ippo losing, this being Takamura's 25th match, and Takamura right eye being white are just there to fool people into thinking he's going to lose too
>Takamura wins the match with 1HKO and goes on to become the MC of the manga and winning 6 belts

You fools, screencap this post.

Probably the other way around, he is fucked but will push himself and manage to win anyway. Part of the whole plot to show to Ippo what crossing the line really means.

I mean, Takamura could get fucked up and there are definitely signs something is wrong with him, but I feel like that would be too predictable. Besides, he would have nowhere to go after losing, aside from maybe being a new coach for hippo.

>doesn't even get japanese -> english translations
>gets japanese -> x -> english
dead manga

Pic related beat Takehara and looks suspiciously like

Read the thread.

Might be.
But GMorikawa has health problems and for all we know he might just look for a way to quickly end it.
There are a ton of plot points that will remain unresolved with Ippo being out of the ring anyway, so why not end it with a bang.

Consider the possibility that the "illness-induced" breaks and shorter chapters are due to an ongoing conflict between Morikawa and the editors, and that the "he's sick" excuse was briefly utilized in order to save face for the magazine and the publisher.

It would not be the first time that such a thing has happened in the manga world.

Also, a note in favour of my interpretation of events: for the first several 8-to-10 page-long chapters, the editorial department published the standard-fare "our dearest apologies, cherished readers" letters that are always published whenever a serialized manga is short a number of pages. After the fourth or fifth chapter published in this pattern, the editorial department altogether stopped writing and publishing those letters of apology.

The theory, then, becomes: Morikawa fought with his editors over the direction of the manga, and refused to draw and write what was asked of him. In order to elongate the span of time in the real world over which he could dispute the point(s) of contention, he began deliberately publishing short chapters in which little of consequence occur. The letters of apology are a matter of course to the magazine so they were, initially, published to conceal the infighting. As Morikawa continued to publish reduced page-count chapters to buy time, the editorial department stopped the publication of the letters of apology in order to force Morikawa's hand: he could either accept the matter of personally shouldering the blame (very bad for a mangaka) or he could give in to their requests.

Chapter 1204 is 14 pages long.

god, the song just made it worse. Thx user

youtube.com/watch?v=Qpa_O9c7-JU

why was the ippo soundtrack so good bros