m.youtube.com/watch?v=aPyQ6dHsG3I

Dat Misato, though.

Have an actually well-drawn Rei, then

>New Eva 01 design
I'd buy this if it probably wasn't going to cost $300

Sweet

Asuka? More like Shitsuka.

She really is trashy

I want to have a physical copy of this series soon, but there's a bunch of different versions available in the U.S. Anyone know which release of the series I should buy?

(Note: I want to watch it in decent quality with good English subs. I'm hearing less-than-stellar things about the dub.)

More like ASSuka

Watch it on tv

Buy it on VHS or record it on vhs

Anyone have the IRL clip from EoE?

Its the fucking first post.

about time for my yearly rewatch

so my lazy concubine, I was going to order an Asuka outfit for her to wear while I banged her but her hair was blue so I was going to settle for a Rei outfit but now she's dyed her hair purple, funnily enough so you know what that means.

That's the alternate take.

Can someone make a pre-2000 thread, i tried making one but it got archived

This is an Eva thread, make your own newfagswing

>Bagels
Oy Vey

Seen gurren lagann plan to watch this one too

Its pretty good too, but its a completely different tone.

it's about as far from Gurren Lagann as you can get

Gurren Lagann is a teen power fantasy, whereas NGE is teen's projection.

I just realized that Misato was a blue pilled good goy that got redpilled.

She saw the Thing wake up on Antarctica, and probably piloted it herself. You can't physically be more redpilled than Misato, that's like saying it's possible to be more depressed than Kiritsugu.

Is Eva helping you break the conditioning?

Eva 3.0+1.0 is in production right?

Yeah, expect it in 2030

We’re gonna see a live action western adaptation of evangelion aren’t we.

Never, western audience arent in interested olin an anime that focuses on psychology instead of action. Micheal bay already said he wasnt gonna make one and we alrrady have rebuilds for no substance

cant wait
youtube.com/watch?v=FckkZihQUaU

Cringe

Kind of. Years of being edgy and questioning things have turned me into an alcoholic vampire, but at least I'm fabulous.

I have never watched EVA. I really should watch it.

evangelion truly fucked with me as a teenager, made me realize some major fucking flaws in my character and my relationships and i still haven't entirely recovered. fuck you anno

Here’s a good discussion about the series youtu.be/xBa7f8xpA-Q

Asuka having sex with Touji is CANON!

How so?

>
>She saw the Thing wake up on Antarctica, and probably piloted it herself
Explain further. First time I've heard of this.

So is Evangelion the patrician way to read the bible?

What makes Eva so renowned? The fight scenes? The plot? The Waifus? the gay romance? Asuka best girl

Of they did they'd screw up the genealogy tone make the technology look more alien and chi cast teenagers in the main roles, turn up the exposure 100% crush the blacks to dark knight levels and make it more about action and a love story between shinji and rei. Basically Hollywood shit

The mysterious plot and subtleness of e everything

Pretty much

I know for sure that episodes 7 10 and 14 are skippable but are there any others?

I'm guessing 4.0 is cancelled by now because all his Godzilla shit going on.

it was literally confirmed to be in production a few months ago

What did Asuka need to be happy?
what words did she need to listen so she could be happy and not depressed deep down inside her?
i can't think of any, she was going to kill herself hadn't NERV agents rescued her from the abandoned house.

I'm curious, how old are the posters here who have watched NGE, how many times have you watched the series, and age when you first saw it?

I just rewatched it again for like 4th time, subs for the first time though over dub which actually helped me understand even more of what was going on, first saw series as a 11-12 year old on AS, now 23.

This is my first time and I'm enjoying it. I'm happy I get to be involved in discussing this series and learning about the show and how deep the rabbit hole goes.

There is only 2 people who can help asuka.
Her mother and herself. Her mother showed her love in EoE, so that point is covered.
Besides it, only asuka can improve herself. Having experienced the instrumentality probably helps with self improvement.

Im 22, i watched it only once, earlier this year

22. First saw it maybe two years ago. Beginning a rewatch next week now that I've let it rest for a while. Nothing quite like it.

Huh, would've figured people here would have already seen it more than once. Guess it makes sense. Those who have seen it more recently and for the first time are more likely to want to discuss it.

If you really enjoyed it, I would recommend watching it multiple times. It's one of those shows where you pick up on new things you missed before with rewatches. Also if you don't get some things or terms in the show, there are online guides that can help. They can be somewhat vague with some things

>guides
I've found the most compelling things about the show are the ones that aren't cryptic or hidden. I'm sure digging through the more hazy is interesting though. Especially with Seele and the Angels.

Im 19 rewatching for like the third time, i usually get to points in my life where i have to go back and watch it again originally saw it when i was 14

will Shinji ever stop touching himself?

Not so much cryptic or subtle shit, just moreso what second impact fully was, who Adam and Lillith were, and the like.

He never did though

Ray>asooka

Lots of therapy

Happy birthday Misato.

Asuka can't be happy. She'll always hate herself, her life and anyone she's with.
Only people who can get "cured" from trauma are upper class people who go to therapy out of fashion, and those never had trauma to begin with.

happy birthday slut

The idea that you can stop being depressed is almost the same as the one that you can stop being black. The more you try the hide it or deny it, the more of a clown you become.

So this is what the Evangelion world really looks like, without the metaphors - except there is no Shinji. What would a Utena version of this look like?

All of the Eva female characters are sluts.

And all the fans have nothing interesting to say, just as bad.

Only skip half of ep 14. But actually don't skip anything

Post people you would want to play EVA characters in live action. Björk would be a qt misato
Only watched it once so far. I was 16 and just getting into anime. It might have been the first anime I watched, don't remember....

Not any of the anons you replied to, but I used to watch it all the time on Demand as a kid, and watched it earlier last year. Even watched that one Eva clone as a kid when BlockBusters were still around. People with blue blood, Shinji and Misato were in a relationship, and I don't think Rei or Asuka were in it. File probably related, can't remember if it's the clone

EoE would be a perfect movie if it weren't for the scene where Misato kills two soldiers with a hadngun then spinkicks the last one and shoots him while saying nothing personel kid

It's the X-Files of anime.

I'm 27 and I watched it like ten years ago, I only came to Sup Forums to see if the shitposting was still the same like Fate threads.

That movie was not a realistic mil sim. At all.

What were you expecting? There is nothing left to discuss about the anime. Its always people arguing over best girl among a cast of characters depicted as mentally ill.