Battle Angel Alita

Thoughts?

youtube.com/watch?v=aj8mN_7Apcw&feature=youtu.be

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/75vM64eW1cc
youtube.com/watch?v=sPbjPOgRtyA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Alita looks like crap but the movie seems like it's pretty faithful to the manga. So i don't know, maybe it won't be that bad.

>dem eyes
Jesus Christ. Might as well have hired Hannah Fierman instead.

Making her CG and giving her bug eyes is a terrible mistake.

Otherwise it looks fine visually but will probably just be unremarkable in every other regard.

Cancer are my thought.

this holy shit

The Scrapyard looks fucking awful

Also, fuck roller ball

Finally anime eyes in a movie, but they could not do the same with the lips.

I will die in 2D.

>Directed by: Robert Rodriguez
eh could be alright, probably gonna watch it
casting seems ok, but those cgi bug eyes are really uncanny
probably intentional, though

Uncanny valley.

Looks like shit.
Sasuga Rodriguez

why?

>giving her bug eyes
is this what normalfags think of anime?

Yes, but that's beside the point. The eyes look fucking awful, your usual anime eyes do not transition well to live-action, keep them in the 2D world where they look fine.

When adapting things into live action...sometimes it's best to leave certain elements behind.

Who on this production thought putting massive anime eyes on a realistic person was a good idea???

Because it's not.

It's why super hero movies never have tights. Because it looks retarded.

Hollywood accounting movie. The sole reason it's actually being made rather than being stuck in limbo forever is so that Cameron don't get raped to death by taxes with Avatar 2.

FUCKING YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Fucking kill yourself.

Kill yourself normalfag shitter you 3DPD lover are fucking cancer.

>those eyes
What the FUCK.

UGUU

That's not what I meant when I asked Trump to make anime real

It's peak performance, humans will have giant bugeyes in the future when they start GMOing embryos.

The big eyes weirded me out at first, but after watching the trailer a couple of times, you get used to it pretty fast. It does give her a doll like charm and makes her artifical quality stand out. Bold choice at the very least. Couldn't stop grinning at how close to the manga they made Zapan (the cyborg dude) look. Same for Mahershala Ali as Vector. Loved the final shot of her jumping down the hole. The camera in that shot was inventive and her fall had weight, yet it felt completely natural as she broke the fall with a roll and went into a guarded stance.

To me, it looked great so far, though much depends on how well they can cram the setup and early story arc into the movie and how well they can set up the world.

They obviously knew what kind of reaction peeople would have to those eyes. Pretty much everyone reacted in some repulsive way but I think thats exactly what they want. To make you always be aware of the fact that she is not fullly human but still fully human and then see how you relate to her. This uncanny disconnect is what this movie aims for and if it suceeds it will add a layer to the story the source material couldnt.

Looks fucking retarded. GitS didn't give Major freaky eyes on a normal human face, not that the live action movie was any good but at least it didn't elicit "holy fuck this is terrible" right out the gate like this does.

youtu.be/75vM64eW1cc

I take it you're allergic to the words "people" and "women"?

Yeah I am especially on Sup Forums.

Go fuck yourself piece of shit normalfag.

Why do they have to do this to Battle Angel Alita?

WHY!? Why won't that fuck just do his stupid avatar movies or something.

Those fucking eyes!!!

Nah, I don't mind the words, but actual people and women. Where the fuck do you think you are?

>those eyes
youtube.com/watch?v=sPbjPOgRtyA

This is not gonna make any money, is it?

GitS didn't so this surely will not.

>$200 million budget

This is going to kill the budget for any future projects too when it happens

When will they will fuck off?

>James Cameron Producing
>Robert Rodriguez directing
>Christoph Waltz chewing up the scenes he's in

I haven't had hope in a movie being good in a long time, dare I hope again

America was a mistake.

Uncanny valley as fuck

Fuck you Cameron you piece of shit! I hope you get an untreatable strain of cancer.

What the fug is this

racism, mostly. and they scaled up those eyes with no concern of anatomy, it's a really lazy post prod job probably outsourced to slaves that never read a manga in their life, and thing pokemon and sailor moon is a good summary of the medium.

>racism, mostly

Meant for obviously

2d is the inferior race, ask po.

I didn't know they made a second Team America movie.

It's called innovation. Soon all movie protagonists will look like that. Because its cuter. I'm happy to see Hollywood adopt the greatest achievement of modern Japanese culture.

No THIS is how you make a fucking anime movie!

So did she have ridiculously large eyes compared to everyone else in the manga or something? Did people notice her weird gigantic eyes?

I know we're all complaining but imagine getting a blowjob with those eyes looking up at you.

I always wanted to facefuck a grey.

>slap a wig on Gollum
>sexy
She'd probably bite your dick off and eat it in a cave.

Well they still have time to fix the CG since it's 2018 summer movie.

I hope this bombs and kills all future plans from Hollywood to adapt chinese cartoons into 3dpg. I mean wasn't Dragon Ball Evolution and Gits bad enough?

please translate frog-kun

They ACTUALLY made her eyes beady what the fuck?

Apathetic, I didn't like it before and not interested by any of this.

It's tempting to frogpost when you see this kind of shit. Seriously, what the fuck.

Will probably flop just like 2049 did

GitS wasn't the mistake, cyberpunk in the 21st century was

>Cameron (a long time weeb) finally makes an anime film he grew up loving
>gives main character anime eyes

BASED
would do the same t b h

Why do they keep trying to adapt manga? It always ends in a disaster, always. Nobody's gonna want to watch a movie with a bug-eye main character with epic robot videogame-CGI battles

Who the duck thought giving her big alien eyes was a good idea

>duck
>retarded phoneposter with another shitty opinion

imagine my shock

don't bother. they're not smart enough to pick up on that obvious fact.

looks rewritten to be a happy shounen story without blood, crushing depressing sadness or even an ouce of depth.

Ugh why are movie trailers always so shitty.
The way it tries to build tension and get the viewer interested is so obvious.
I hate that dumb shit where they use quotes from the movie to make it sound really profound and serious.
And the gay ass sound design is so bottom of the barrel.

>This is going to kill the budget for any future projects too when it happens
That would be great to be honest, they would be forced to make something with little to no special effects, and actually work to actually focus on the story rather than on "muh flashy ceegee"

Just when I thought Hollywood couldn't get any worse they do this.

It's shit and i'm pretty sure even normalfags will think it's shit, anyone who disagrees is shitposting.

Because YA novels have dried up and every attempt to make a cinematic universe that isn't Marvel's have essentially failed so Hollywood's trying to find the next thing to exploit, Anime/manga is their next attempt. Thing is that not a single one of these has ever been good or well-recieved or particularly financially successful. I mean, the last ones were GitS and fucking Death Note and I think we know how positively those were received

>$200 million budget
Seriously what the fuck were they thinking with this kind of budget

>this is how your waifu will look like in 3d
Nope.

probably into Cameron's mini-submersible. He hasn't done shit in hollywood for years because he was investing so much time into his subnautical interests. But considering how awesome it is under the sea, who can blame him?

>That would be great to be honest, they would be forced to make something with little to no special effects

That never happens. They'll still use CGI, it'll just look like shit opposed to polished shit.

Will it have Motorball is the question?

And will she put her Eye Black on?

>implying hollywood isn't desperate to try every possible new formula until they find one that works for adapting anime into blockbusters, after the huge money sinkhole that GITS was, and this isn't just a completely random attempt at being liked by anime watchers
uncanny valley my ass

I am so baffled by how Hollywood ALWAYS manages to make completely ridiculous choices.
Who in their right mind thought making her bug eyed would be a good idea?

They DO work to focus on the story. That is the problem.
Hollywood can only produce films about "muh empowerment" everything is about self being great & important.
And it has to be simple, of course.
They managed to turn even GITS into that garbage basic concept because of muh "hero's journey" honestly all they do is tell the same story over and over, everything else is just an exterior skin.
Untile they accept to explore different themes, everything they touch will turn into shit.

>Who in their right mind thought making her bug eyed would be a good idea?

I assume the point is to make her look inhuman so much that reviews can't call it "digital yellowface". The other option was to just have a Mexican play Alita, which would be GitS situation all over again.

Cameron said that the movie would cover the "spine story" of the first four books, and Motorball happens in book 3 and 4 so it probably ends with the death of Jashugan or whoever that was.

I'm pretty excited, can't wait to see Christoph Waltz smashing robohookers apart with a hammer

i like it and the fact that the normal fags already hate make me want it even more

Based Panzer Kunst is going to look great on the big screen

You're a normalfag for looking foward to 3D shit.

yea i think its intentional

i wonder if this will affect the earnings

American mcgee alice live action?

Now can we finally put an end to the memelords that spout "anime=white" or whatever race when in actuality, if they were real they wouldn't even look human like OP pic related.

no but it will become a cult classic

>no dick sucking lips

>hollywood
>rodriguez

>i like something normalfags hate
>this make me a normal fag
hoy

>those proportions combined with cgi so realistic you can see every single sweaty pore
>as well as the moistness of her eyeball and waterline
Imagine if regular 2d anime close-ups also detailed every sweat-gushing pore on a character's face, this is what that feels like.

This is exactly what contrarian posters like you said about literally every previous live-action anime movie even DBE. Why do you people even want anime to succeed in Hollywood anyway?

Looking forward to anything 3D is normalfag tier. You're just also at the same time trying to be a contrarian so even worse than normalfag