Scra-prin!

So, how does Sup Forums feel about scrapped princess?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tBfZ-DcvisQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xi8ZNryJM20
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It was fun and better than Chaika turned out to be.

Top 5 in my books.
It's a good take on the typical medieval-fantasy-world trope

Went to shit about 2/3rds the way through. I enjoyed it before that point and the setting was really good.

Characters were bad, the story was great and the plot was meh. I really enjoyed the mecha designs and the quite solid English dub. The memory loss arc was very pointless though.

Anyone watch it and think what happened to mage sister about halfway through?

She got turned into one of the villains, don't you remember?

She's not a villain.
She's a good girl.

Not Sim I mean Rachel.

Proto-Freddy a cute and cannon wife.

There was never enough Zephiris.

But it wasn't fantasy.

It's a fantasy.

It's sci-fi with fantasy flavor.

you will never wield your dragoon waifu and fly into the sky.

Umm a-user...

gotta love the ending, where Leo was literally told to get back in the cuck-shed.

great characters > pretty much everything else

Back when Mogudan knew how to draw things that weren't fat Rei.

Mogudan needs to draw for another anime.

They can also be used like this.

One of my all time favourites and I will never give up hope for a novel translation.

About 1/3 through it at the moment. I like it a lot so far.

It's good. The main character starts annoying but it gets really good, and it's quite unique too.

I don't even know what is this

I liked it. Solid series, and I wish there were more like it.

It was fantasy, until it was sci-fi.

Pretty good. A solid fantasy series with pretty good animation and overall concepts/themes. It did feel rushed at some times though, although the LNs probably allow for more worldbuilding and just interesting things to happen. I can understand why people don't like the memory loss arc, but I actually enjoyed it, if it was a little contrived. Music was top notch too, especially the ED.

Watching how the author basically remixed this into Chaika is also really interesting.

youtube.com/watch?v=tBfZ-DcvisQ

Came here to say this
His female characters still look like Rei though

Chaika is better

>Chaika is better

I feel like Mogudan wasted his talent by not working on more medieval fantasy instead of doing his stupid "Rei" doujinshi stuff over and over again.

He's not that good at making original character design. Brave Soul and Scrapped Princess look practically identical.

It was alright and I don't know why people are comparing it to Chaika. Pacifica and Chaika are nothing alike.

now go away

They're written by the same guy.

;_;

Those have characters that are better than his Rei.

Fair

When I looked at a few examples of his Rei, it only seems to have gotten worse over the years. Not all artists improve over time, if he were to make those others today I doubt they would be as good.

Good beginning.
Raquel-nee solid 5/7 would marry, fuck, and impregnate
zefiris is great
brown girl is TOTALLY NOT REI, GUYS
Good character development and world building, everything layers together
"Suddenly amnesia arc" is the weakest arc. it doesn't fit with everything else up to that point. it feels shoehorned in. It works, but it's weaker than everything that builds up to it.

short arc before the climax introduces a whole lot of characters out of the blue with no names, personalities, or backstories. Chris' teammates.

That ending, man.
Oh and pic related

Why did his brother stop doing Asuka doujins?

What was the point of this character?
Both Pacifica and Shannon got their own character arcs, but Raquel was just sort of there for the duration of the show.

Forgot pic

I enjoyed it.

This
And a lot of story elements are nearly similar.

To be perfect 10/10 sister and save them several times with her magic. I'm sad she was underutilized but she was a best. It was also a retarded decision to have Pacifica so dismissive and petty to her when Raquel only wanted to love and protect her, instead of writing a strong sibling relationship.

She had her role.

Maybe her she gets her own arc in the LNs. Although she probably doesn't guessing from how Akari doesn't get her own one in Chaika.

Both of them are great though.

Does magic still exist in the end of the show?

>So, how does Sup Forums feel about scrapped princess?
It's fucking awesome. That's how I feel about it.

She was so cute

Unique show, great world-building, cool story, and fun characters. Kind of slipped at the end and the amnesia arc was pointless, but I still loved the show.

8.5/10

>Raquel-nee solid 5/7 would marry, fuck, and impregnate
She was my fap back in the day. So good.

>Discovered all the lost technology and got it up and running
>Lead the battle against mankind's oppressors
>Her and her team took out two of the Peacemakers versus the D-knights one

Why is Senes the best and what the fuck was Shanon doing the whole time

She was certainly underwritten but her role was basically to give her family a sense of normalcy and an emotional anchor

Shanon was kind of obnoxious in general

Winia and Leo needed WAY less screen time

I knew I recognized this name somewhere. Damn, Rei is Mai waifu, so his shitty doujins are a great offense.

Winia was irrelevant but I was happy when she got together with Chris dude

>voiced by Matsuoka Yuki, voice of Tsuruya, Osaka and Orihime

Doesn't this show have giant robots?

Oddly enough, it's a mecha show.

Crispin Freeman nailed his role as Shanon. I swear the dude can carry a show alone. But in this case, the supporting cast was full of famous VA's. So

And literal mobile armors

I though the system was deactivated for some reason, but its been years since I last watched it, and don't know where to find the copy right now.
And still is.

>setting seems older than modern times
>it's actually far in the future post-apocalypse!
Underused trope

>dubs
Nobody here cares.

really good

I care the dub was great.

Watched it after Chaika.
It started off slower and didn't immediately grip me like Chaika did, but over the course of the show it got significantly better and had a much more satisfying conclusion.

Murder Princess used it also, but Scrapped Princess was better about it.

I think ScraPrin may be one of the better examples of it being done.

>streaming
Lurk for 2 years before posting.

>machines created by humans, turn against them, and imprison them in a virtual reality, and only the chosen one can break humanity out of that place.
Kinda reminds me of the matrix. But scra-prin did it better.

The reality isn't virtual. They just had their tech and advancement purposely retarded back to the middle ages and kept there. The world is an actual living breathing world.

It wasn't a virtual reality though in this.

Well, call it whatever, it is still a prison for humanity. Even the villains are basically agent Smiths, right down to their function, and possessing people/appearing out of people.

>it is still a prison for humanity.

Right but virtual implies a digital recreation. It's closer to something like Mega Zone

I'd fuck those mobile armors.

It was kind of common back then.

Yeah, but it is an obvious, although well disguised matrix clone. There are too many similarities that can't be coincidences. That being said, matrix itself ain't that original, and to be honest, it was pretty bad.

Neue Ziel and Alpha Azieru spam is fun.

I knew I'd love her from the 1st time she showed in the ED.

youtube.com/watch?v=xi8ZNryJM20

JAM project is the shit

>although well disguised matrix clone

The matrix didn't invent the concept of fabricated reality, it didn't event the concept of the past is the future and it didn't invent the concept of boss characters acting as overseers

Yeah, but it brought a handulf of tropes together. And scrapped princess would not exist, if it weren't for the matrix.

I remember really liking it back in the day. I haven't rewatched it at all though. I do recall finding the firearm brand and figure reference amusing. John Moses Browning is truly our lord and savoir.

Mauser is better.

She a waifu.

I already added her to my Kuudere harem.

Cool setting and premise, slightly let down by no really awesome fighting choreography, baby girl->enemy thingy should have lived.

Raquel was definitely under-used.

>dub
Crispin freeman is great VA and i am glad that he left that shithole that is anime dubbing.

more like star ocean 3