Is Death Note ending complete shit?

Is Death Note ending complete shit?

Near used the death note to ensure his victory

Kinda, yeah
I mean i liked to see Light lose but it's bullshit that it happened because Mikami went OOC, Near had a deus ex machina dude and Mello decided to fucking kill himself to help Near despite no longer being relevant and his last moment of relevancy was a challenging Near to see who would get Kira first
"Together we surpassed L" my ass, fuck Near and Mello

I wanted L to win, but by chance, the advantages just kept turning up for Light, from a second Kira, to the advantage of forgetting memories of possessing a death note, and a shinigami that was in love and wouldnt tell them about the fake rules.

I also wanted Mello to win. apparently he was supposed to in the end, but the author killed him off to keep the 'suspense' of the story going. lame.

I can't say whether or not it should have ended differently but I can say that the knowledge that Near had should not have been possible or at least have second guessed his omnipotent intuition

For me, it was mainly thanks to the dude that re wrote the death note with the same pen and the same writing that was the most essential to near winning. but fuck, i cant even remember his name.

Light best boy

People don't understand that Mello and Near are L split into two beings that exaggerate aspects of L's persona. Mello is L's daring and risk taking nature to the extreme. Near is L's autist calculating to the extreme. Mello just knocked Light off course and Near would scheme on the results of it and make his own move.

The last episode is probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

People know that and that's the problem; they're L split into two less likable characters who hack their way to victory.

It should obviously have been only about L and Kira.The first part of the manga/anime was honestly some of the most entertaining media I have consumed,but the fact that the author himself didn't realize that and decided to add pointless,shitty filler characters to shit up his own story puts me off from ever rewatching/reading it.

>Creates a copy of the magic notebook with infinite pages and millions of names written in it in a single night
Yes, it was. And the anime version was much worse.

I liked

it feels like they got written into a corner and couldn't figure out a legit way for Light to lose

it was not satisfying

yes because Misa lives

The author wanted to have his cake and eat it. He wanted Light to beat L but Light to ultimately lose in the end. He would've been better off picking one and ending with that rather than tacking on a whole new saga just so Light loses

Never underestimate the FBI

I understand it. I just don't like it.

The anime ending ruined the whole thing for me and I didn't even watch it.

She canonically an heroes a few months after Light dies, so she doesn't really "live"

Imagine how good the second half would have been if l had still died, but instead of two faggots taking over it would have been anbumch of tras that l had left in case he died

It taught me how to swim.

Anime, yes.
Manga's ending is significantly better and I have no idea what the fuck MadHouse was smoking to change it.

>People don't understand that Mello and Near are L split into two beings that exaggerate aspects of L's persona
People do understand it and it's fucking spelled out loud in the final chapter/episode. And that's exactly why people hate them.

There were hundreds of different things they could have done for the post-L stuff but instead we get shitty L clones with none of his charisma defeating Light through convoluted asspulls and Mikami being a retard.

They knew that after L dies the story goes to shit so they tried to end it as soon as possible.

Guess they ran out of budget and couldn't afford one more episode needed to cover the epilogue?

>Light is arrogant
>gets caught for being arrogant
I think it's OK

Why does nobody mention how L pulled a Skyscrappee out of his ass? That scene alone still bothers me to tgis day

Which Pokémon game is Skyscrappee from?

No, he is caught the first time because of Misa being a thirsty whore and at the end because Near was right in all his far fetched assumptions and because the person chosen to blindly follows orders didn't blindly follow orders.

This is the biggest problem I have with Death Note's ending. Light doesn't fail because of arrogance or going too far, he fails because of other people's incompetence and because of reverse plot armor.