Has Murata surpassed Oda as the current greatest mangaka?

Has Murata surpassed Oda as the current greatest mangaka?

He's not a mangaka.

Oda has kept his story interesting for over 20 years.

>Oda has kept his story interesting for over 20 years.
Must be bait

>WCI arc
>fishman island arc
>dressrosa arc
>interesting

>interesting

Easily

This last Garou fight has been infinitely more interesting than anything after Water 7

>kept his story interesting for over 20 years.
Time skip was a mistake

fukumoto still exists

this is the greatest chapter of manga I have read in my 20 years of living, not even exaggerating in the slightest. Had the perfect balance between serious/plot thickening vs light hearted humor and is drawn to an unmatched standard. Garou's development was top notch, not overly edgy and everything else in the chapter just falls in place. There was no ex-machina bullshit or any nonsense, just straight up utilizing already introduced character effectively. I'm just happy to be alive to witness this chapter to be complete honest, this is the shit I wake up in the morning for.

Not when Kubo gets back to it

Sure, once he write and storyboard hos own story

>Hey look we are making literally the same joke all over again, but this time the monster look different!

OPM isn't about the joke, it's about the fights between the joke.

Neither was ever in the running, but Oda was and is certainly a lot higher up on the list.

kubo was literally never the greatest, not even close.

murata:
>draws better
>way more hype

oda:
>better, longer story
> bigger world, bigger cast of characters, arguably better characters (very debatable)

>same joke
>one joke
Hey look we are making literally the same bait all over again, but this time the post looks different!

It's not even his story.

>this is the greatest chapter of manga I have read in my 20 years of living
I've read manga for over 20 years and this shit isn't dick.

>interesting for 20 years

>interesting
I mean it's entertaining but mate, let's be honest here. It's like mcdonalds. You read it weekly and enjoy it somewhat but that's that

Murata is an artist not a mangaka.
He’s also evolved as an artist recently as he’s discovered the no background technique and focuses on the paneling and characters.

Murata doesn't make the story for OPM. That's ONE, if you just want his story in the purest form, read the webcomic.

>Murata
>characters
Oh boi.

>Oda
Who?

aite bro let's see a chapter better then, link me

Take this big (You).

Stop with that gook shill "Oda is a great mangaka" OP is shit and only autists and down syndrome kids enjoy it.

>"lololol i punch people once and they died xP!!!!"
>blatant ripoff characters
>parody of shonen that becomes a parody of itself
...compared to 20 years of consistently great worldbuilding, storytelling and all-round fun adventures. Not really a competition here.

Also, OPM would be nothing without the good art.

>Also, OPM would be nothing without the good art.

Any manga would be nothing without the art faggot.

OPMfags getting murdered as usual

nice meme dude

>one piece
oh my lord I regret replying to you

One piece has shit art yet the most popular manga of all time.
Really jiggles your almonds huh?

>popular=good

I guess Fifty Shades of Grey is the best fucking book ever then huh?

>implying either of them is in the running
Are you the same faggot who made the other thread with almost this exact OP, or is Sup Forums now full of cancerous casual retards?

>OPM would be nothing without the good art.

OPM should have been a one shot.

>current greatest mangaka
>oda
What?

Oda is a pretty mediocre artist who only gets by because if you crit anything it will just waved it off his style.
Murata is without a doubt the best working mangaka when it comes to the actual drawing half of it.
People give ONE shit because his arts trash, but he's unironically actually a really fucking great mangaka.
Muratas redraw of OPM is practically 1:1 how it was when ONE did it.
The only real downside to ONE is his stuff doesn't really have any of character development.

>"I purposefully dont give characters backstorys or tell you anything about their past so I can later shoe horn it in 20 years later to make it seem like I planned it all along." is good storytelling and worldbuilding
I don't understand why OnePiss fags like this shit so much.

HxH says hi.

Bait this bad should not be allowed

yeah... it's very interesting

Murata
>draws better

FTFY

Actually OPM is a better battle shounen than OP, in other hand One Piece is more about adventures

OPMbabbies you mean

While Murata do have excellent technical drawing skills and crazy tenacity, that’s the only thing he has going

You can barely call him a mangaka since he don’t write stories or storyboards

>OPMbabbies you mean

Fuck off faggot

Also two persons obviusly can make a better work than one, anyway we are still comparing a weekly published manga against a monthly parody didn´t we?

Baffles me. Any manga would look way better on a monthly schedule.

I agree. It's the reason he's the highest selling mangaka of all time

No. Compare page count, not chapters.

one piece has (maybe) 4 chapters a month at 15 pages so 60.

Murata just released a 130+ page chapter with much better art.

Oda is a hack.

n
yes

That doesn't mean mean he works on it during those breaks.

OPM's schedule allows him more time to work on it.

I don't understand, why is this chapter's shitposting so focused on One Piece. They're completely different in nearly every aspect. Either way, this shit will be gone or the user will be banned by the time Murata starts streaming again

Well the i do expect more 130 pages chapters, to me was a christmas special

He's the highest selling mangaka of all time cause this shit have more than 90 volumes, you ultimate faggotry.
These times OP barely reaches 2.5~3 million copies, while in the 90's Dragon Ball sold 4.3 million per volume and Slam Dunk 4.5.

If one of them have go on until 90 volumes, OP wouldn't have the slightist chance.

>Oda has kept his story interesting for over 20 years.

Anons who can't refute facts.

>has drafts by ONE
>no meetings
>no backgrounds
>using big single and double spreads so less to draw
Not impressive.

I don't read OP but I've heard plenty about the apparent drop in quality post-timeskip. From what I'm aware the characters are the exact same they were since Ch 1 if not flanderized. That's not good.

The double spreads count as 1 page faggot. If anything its more impressive.

user that wants to be replied.

One Piece's per-volume average over its whole run is higher than Slam Dunk's.

>all these (you)s
>literally no shred of evidence to argue it
I think people just say "timeskip" to criticize One Piece and people just believe it for whatever fucking reason. No, the only bad part about after timeskip was how Dressrosa was stretched, and that could be applied to fuck-load of pre-timeskip arcs as well.

Watch people just respond with smug anime pics and not have a single legitimate rebuttal.

Most of these are narutofags and hxhfags who hate that their mangas turned to shit instead

>so I can later shoe horn it in 20 years later to make it seem like I planned it all along
First, you've clearly never read One Piece and you yourself just pulled that argument out of your ass. Second, he unironically was building up Sanji's backstory since Jaya (we literally go back to that scene when his last name is revealed). Third, that is indeed good storytelling, I don't know why you think just giving random exposition the immediate moment we meet a character is good storytelling. If I'm getting anything from this, it's that you're a complete retard that has no idea what they're talking about.

Is there a stitched up of these pages yet?

I thought about it, but it doesn't look like anything because the pages weren't meant to be put together like that.

What’s dumb about this is that people respond to this with personal feelings as if One Piece isn’t the most popular manga

Murata is a great drawer but he's not a good mangaka because of poor skill/time management. At this point, it's like he's wasting his time on making magnificent drawings for a completely uninteresting encounter (and I mean Centipede vs Heroes, not Garou vs Heroes).

>Anons who can't refute facts.
How do you make it a fact when enjoyment and interest are subjective?

call me when murata draws and writes his own story, then we can have this discussion again

Toriyama is better

>not knowing that murata and one are same person
How silly of tou user

>current
Hahem... berserk authors is still alive.

Serious Series?
More like Shitty Series am I right?

That's all he's good for. Isn't that enough? He doesn't have to worry storyboarding

Murata is only doing the art.

I enjoy both, boy am I glad I can enjoy multiple things.

A wise man.

Being said that, I admire Murata's drawing prowess.

Yea, I greatly enjoy his art as well. It feels nice spending a couple minutes on some pages just admiring the detail.

It's about one shots

akira doesnt even draw and he still banks more cash than the two mentioned fags.

How dare you evolving to the point you can't be baited anymore

Finally picked up volume 15. Should I wait for the next official thread to post pics?

Is this a fucking joke? OP would have been canned by not if it wasn't for Jump backing it so heavily. It's not that Oda is THAT good.

le no background vs background

inoue is still unmatched
oda a shit

Nah, go ahead if you want. This threads far from cap limit. Or you can just start your own with that picture to draw in people.

>mangaka
>he can't write his own shit
Sorry bro

OP is carries the whol magazine faggot, OP! would be axed in jump by chapter 24.

Murata has an assistant do the backgrounds, and OPM always uses similar paneling to Bleach or DB.
It just isn't an issue if it's in an web manga where the mangaka can draw as many pages as he likes.

Literally ONE do that