How old is Utena?

How old is Utena?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0ebRdVnbj7o
youtu.be/sZNAZc74aP8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Old enough

No! She was taken too soon.

How do I become a cool school chairman who sleeps with 14 year olds?

>when she starts talking about the sandwich
Every
Fucking
Time

Become the sexiest manchild prince there ever was.

How do I get me an Anthy clone?

It’s weird I only started to find Utena attractive after this scene.

Why don't they make 3-cour shows of this level anymore? There is something so timeless about hand drawn cel animation, and the CGI spew you see today just cannot compare.

Her birthday is December 29, 1983, and the show was on in spring of 1997.

You're goddamn disgusting. For me, it's when I dropped her for good.

money
and the colors look like ass

Too bad I'll never finish this show.

Is the puppet show ever explained?

We all agree Juri is absolute perfection, right?

Sure, if you like dykes

Nanami is such a shitstain holy shit

The puppet show isn't explained, the puppet show is the explanation.

Why not?

I want to be inside Anthy

Nanami a best.

It is worth finishing. Why did you stop?
Yeah, its is literally two of the theatre students at the school. The commentary is just a little playful examination of each episodes' running allegory, which is sometimes played with even
more
I sometimes wonder why Ruka couldn't see that about her. He just REALLY fell in love, I guess

Doesn't she fuck the indian?

Why is Nanami so pure?

Nanami is one of the best characters.
Her two-sidedness is very endearing until you find out that she killed that kitten
this

its time to post memes?

Egyptian.

Which one?

So it's just for the viewers and has nothing to due with the actual plot?

I still want a "My other car is UTENA" bumper sticker
My hometown is filled with Utenafags

Nanami and Nanami episodes are shit

Where do you think Utena went?

Just for the viewers, but during a few scenes where they interact with other characters its about the plot

Pretty much, yes.

Yeah that is why.

she become a spooky ghost like Dios

she never left her coffin in the first place

The show still has artistic merits even if you don't agree with those elements.

the shit*

What is your favorite duel song?
For me, its the Saionji one that ends with AMMONITE

I want this man to drive me around

The black rose arc was the best
PROVE ME WRONG

Out into the world

Am I nuts or would the general plot of Utena make for a good CW series?

I was looking for this example earlier; sometimes the shadow-shows connect a little more directly to the plot, but are mostly just for (you)

tsuwabuki's duel song, ensuikei zettairan algebra

Is that really what's stopping you? Yuri?

>watch belladonna of sadness once

Not his best cosplay, honestly

No the dude, the scene with the rose or whatever. It's been a few years.

so utena really is a hamfisted 2deep4u animu

Chikyuu wa Jinbutsu Chinretsushitsu

Though the first minute is a bit weak.

I was going through his interviews a few months back and I'm pretty sure he said that SM cosplay was somebody else doing it in his place.

yes
the critics of post modernist shit were right the whole time

Nikutai no Naka no Koseidai is very good yes. I also like Yuri's (Tenshi Souzou Sunawachi Hikari), Tsuwabuki's (Ensuikei Zettairan Algebra) and Wakaba's (Gentouchouga Juuroku Seiki)
I guess I like Algebra the most.

She graduated. I like to think Anthy found her and they run the gayest flower shop ever.

The first rewatching of Utena is magical.
When you know how much of a passive aggressive bitch/witch Anthy is, a lot more shit starts to make sense.

No, but it was the most on-topic one.

Now who do we need to sacrifice to what to get Nagano on board as character designer for whatever Ikuhara will cook up next? (Just don't let the guy anywhere near the business side of things.)

Did Nanami and Touga actually commit incest? It’s been a while but I assumed she got over him before anything happened.

>Yuri
*Juri, jesus

a 14 y/o non-virgin, if we want Utena style designs again

>2deep4u
>beats you over the head with symbolism

Das is mane

Possibly. Touga butfucked Miki and his sister though

She Totally had the hots for him until she sees anthy and her brother doing it -by accident- and breaks her bubble then realizes incest is fucking disgusting. Like for real.

Is it weird that when I watched Utena I didn't notice Utena & Anthy's relationship had romantic undertones?

Childhood is thinking Ruka was a manipulative asshole.
Adulthood is realizing he had the purest intentions in the whole series.

>graduated
Remember the "what ever happened to that pUtena girl" dialogue at the end of the last episode? As cute as that flowershop probably isn't, I afraid to say it never happened

t. Ruka

If you were older than, say, ten? Then yeah, I'd say so, but that's just judging against my own experience here, and fuck knows how much that counts for anything.

It really isn't there from either side, initially.
For Utena it starts to happen halfway through, while Anthy is a manipulative bitch right up until the last two episodes

Was Chu-Chu Anthy's soul? What WAS Chu-Chu?
Was Nanami's egg actually Chu-Chu being reincarnated? Why did Chu-Chu abandon his tie at the very end?

Well his only sin was loving a pure lesbian.

I genuinely thought they were just really great best friends. Maybe I’m really dense.

I almost cried during that episode.

>the girl that you love will never turn herself into a car to save you of your mandchild ways

>I genuinely thought they were just really great best friends. Maybe I’m really dense.
I'd still think that if I hadn't seen these threads. The 2nd ending was weird though.

When did you realize Saionji was best boy? For me it was this scene.
Literally everything he ever says about anything is honest and the literal truth including how everyone at Ohtori is still in their coffins

It was the exchange diary reveal for me.

>you will never feel the rev of Utena's perfectly balanced and tuned V8

There is literally nothing wrong about sleeping on a comfy coffin

Just don't live in it.

So pure.
If SKU does one thing masterfully, its the subversion of expectations. This, along with the Mikage not-recruitment of Wakaba's childhood the onion knight, are some of my favorite moments

Did Morinaga admit to pirating?
And she's been drawing manga for 20 years! Bless her lesbian heart.

>Saionji... senpai
Felt bad for him from the start. He was a pure guy surrounded by assholes, and they all treated him like a clown.

I always thought they were cute together. Same with Miki and Utena, especially because they start hanging out after their first duel

Haven't seen this one before.

It's from a fansite called Ohtori.nu, judging from the filename. They have a few artwork collections.
The site is super old, but very active. Its almost certainly the oldest English language Utena site on the web

How is the manga? I wanted to buy it but seems kind of expensive for reading the same story than the anime

Watch the musical instead
youtube.com/watch?v=0ebRdVnbj7o

>the same story than the anime
From what I've heard, Juri is into Touga in the manga.

youtu.be/sZNAZc74aP8

The Black Rose themes are all fantastic, though I really like Gertsen no Kubi too. Shame it and Chigusa were only in the game.

You don't "watch" the musical.
You experience it