How many of you own houses?

How many of you actually have a house, Sup Forums?

Are you renters? Or god forbid, do you still live with your parents?

I am curious because I am going to buy a house now with my wife, but most of my friends my age (29) still rent.

Attached: D978032D-304E-4C13-8F87-BB0C8A0E39DB-2446-00000460376A3001.jpg (600x800, 71K)

I just inherited a $700,000 house in Los Angeles. My mother purchased it for $22,000 in 1970. I could never afford to purchase here otherwise.

The market in Canada has gone up in the past 2 years, but I'm worried I'm buying into a bubble.

what kind of house? what are you going to do with it? what shape is it in? does it have a pool or view?

Nice! I just bought a rather large home w/ 8000 square ft backyard, but it's 60 miles from LA, so I gotta commute about an hour in to the city.

Actually not too bothered over it, LA is a dirty shithole full of homeless people.

I bought my first house when I was 22, it was a fixer upper. I made it nice then sold it. I'm 36 now and I've done that 6 times. My house I own now is completely paid for no mortgage.

Heh, it's Popeye the Sailor Moon... heheh

That's about 139k in today's dollars... must be nice to get in on such a young hot market... America used to be pretty sweet.

I own an £850k house in London that I rent out to people that have like three times more money than me and it pays for my rent, and all my parents expenses. I'm lucky cause most 21 year olds still have living grandparents

3 bed 2 bath. I'm keeping it as my residence. Well kept.

I live in the Midwest in a 2 story farmhouse I bought for $23,000 with 4 acres of land. I fixed it up myself over the span of 3 years (got a lot of stuff from craigslist for free, it is amazing what people give away).

I bought a house in Florida in 2011. I sold it last year because they real estate doubled from what I bought it for. I basically made 130k off the 30k downpayment. I now rent, but my apartment is a block away from my work which is great.

I still live with my parents.

Depends where you are

Vancouver and Toronto are fucked and it's a bubble.

Rest of Canada isn't as bad, also some really good deals in Calgary

Bought an 1800 sq ft 4 bed home in a suburb of Portland for $266k, two years ago

It's already worth $310k

I own a house because my mom died... I make about 1k over the limit of capital gains so I'll have to pay 5k per year on it.... I have to sell my childhood home and I'm 26.

I have the money to buy a house outright without a loan but I choose to still rent. For reasons.

I'm a renter until October. Afterward I think I'll buy something. I'm really scared of getting a shitty price or buying in the wrong area though

I own a house, but still choose to live with my parents. What category do I fall in?
Things to consider:
Black mold problem that I had to clean up
Neighbours out for my blood except for one married woman across the street that wants my dick instead
Was swatted by fag neighbours because of noise complaint during house party
As a result I can't bring my guns to that house or town.
Selling the house to move farther out

Rented between 21 and 24, then bought my first house for like $75k in a medium-size town in TX. This was in the mid-00s.

Out in the Northumberland area. I'm paying 400k. Prices went up about 100k last year because everyone is moving from Toronto, selling for 1.5m and buying houses. Market is picking up.

Look for a fixer upper in a white neighborhood.

Remember this, it is ALWAYS better to buy a crappy house in a good safe neighborhood, rather than the best house in a crappy neighborhood. The only reason to ever buy in a bad area is if you have intimate knowledge of future development that may be taking place that could raise the values in the area in the long term.

Saved!!!!!

Yo summarize: don't buy a house near niggers

I rent. Houses in this area similar to what I rent are between $600-700k, which I can't afford. I spend a significant amount of time traveling for work, and have been thinking of buying a house in a rural area where I go a lot. It's 6 bedrooms on a lake (with access) for $150k, easily doable. But I don't know if I want to abandon city life.

What area and how much? I'm in oc now and need to move closer to LA for work. Would not mind a commute as long as it's not as crazy as the 5 or 405

Why not buy a house? Rent is dead money.

Do these. Also, live close to other family as you can (just not nextdoor, that's too close IMO), assuming you have good relationships with them.

Renter. We had a business for two years than rebranded. Can't get a loan without 3 years of income from one business. Sucks balls.

I'm from that area, I'll never move back. I was just offered a job at opg too, turned it down.

Ontario is fucked

I spend $950/mo on a 2 bedroom apartment in New Hampshire. I'll never be able to afford a house, but that's ok.

Would buying a house or condo be more worth it for renting out to people? I'm thinking condos would be easy to rent out but houses would grow in value more if good area.

Yeah? Are you out of province now? I agree with you by the way, I just make a lot of money here so I want to build equity.

$180k Home in the Midwest.
Paid off and inherited. Strange living in the home I grew up in as a child but whatever, beats having to make a house payment.
>pic really fucking related

Attached: 1478048682241.gif (390x300, 1.81M)

own (mortgage)
shit's cash. your friends are unfortunate.

I've nearly paid off my mortgage. Better than most here I'd imagine.

In 'berta. Winters suck but it's a better quality of life.

You keep more money out west, ont. Govt isn't there to pick your pockets clean

I own an apartment in central Copenhagen if that counts?
>Or god forbid, do you still live with your parents?
most people here move out when they are 18-20.

24 years old, live alone, bought my house a year and a half ago. It's nice not being retarded with money

Ive owned a place on 5 acres with my wife for about 4 years now, im 30. Bought almost exactly at the bottom.

Buying is always better even if you are going to move I say. You can either make a house a rental, or just buy your next one in the same price range with a shorter mortgage. My goal is to have it paid off before retirement.

you sound like you're trash.

>Owning a house
Haah waaw

Only viable way to get a house nowadays is inheriting from family since housing bubble is fuck-retarded here in Canada.

Either that or get extremely lucky and get a job offer before/right after you graduate. If you want to be filthy fucking rich take a trade skill.

I just hide threads from meme flags.
Good luck on your thread that has no relevance here, faggot.

Trades are good but they're hammering down the wages, due to cheap labour and faggot "unions" like CLAC.

Used to be better years ago

You sound like a jealous no gunner poor fag.

i just bought a fixer upper, but living with my dad while i fix it. where does that put me ?

>How many of you actually have a house, Sup Forums?

Bought my house in 2006. Watch it jump in value, completely plunge and get gutted in 2008 in value, and now back to where I bought it.

Thinking of staying in it for about 5 more years, then buying a 3-5 acre lot of land and putting up a 3 bed 2 1/2 bath house.

I own 2 houses and a condo in Vancouver, a house in Buffalo Narrows and a house in Edmonton.

Working in oil and gas does wonders if you don't mind working at a camp.

I personally couldn't stand it, i was even at a decent camp. Probably cause i was on 3 and 1, nightshift with no one else on crew

I'm buying a house with my own money.

Attached: 093A4020-7C68-40B8-AE19-B8F05C06025D-2446-00000455C1F9C12E.jpg (500x500, 49K)

bought a condo with inherited money. lived off autism bux till credit debt, property tax and condo fees exceeded that. hope to sell it soon for a near 100% profit and buy land and live off grid.

none but I'll inherit 3 :^)

I want someone else to buy my house.

We own. It really isn't that great due to the never ending work you have to do since home inspections are a racket

I own 2. 1 is a paid for rental property that pays the mortgage on my homestead.

I refuse to buy a house because the ROI is terrible

>live off the grid
Every time I imagine myself doing that I die of alcoholism.

26, married, pay a mortgage, first kid on the way.

Do not reply to demographic threads with real info

Bought a house at 21 in nor cal for 100k during the recession. Its worth 250k now.

Success!

So much white privilege in this thread. All of you working hard and or inheriting from responsible parents is the worst kind of racism of all. Worse than the Holocaust.

I hope you're financially prepared for the kiddo. I see why people don't buy homes after owning one

at least i'm not BTFO'd by neighbors for firing my boombstick and drinking too much and forced to live like a NEET with my parents.

Attached: fyou.gif (400x400, 767K)

Attached: 1475544274841.jpg (600x600, 24K)

renting is for suckers
i bought my house for 33k in a minimally culturally enriched area. been working on it for a while, its worth about 47k now. in a year or two i will start renting it out and move to a more rural area

Yet the ROI for renting is infinitely bad.

You're assuming that the value goes up

Damn son, you're miles ahead of almost 95% of our generation.

I hope you're ready to pay ~10k in repairs every year if you get culturally-enriched-Americans renting your place.

come on, Séamus my mother was a McCarthy and I inherited the demon of drink but sent it packing years ago.. where's your manhood? Are you a slave to a fluid? Show it who's boss,man..

Attached: 125525705.jpgx.jpg (323x390, 33K)

In some places renting is half the cost of buying and in places like that supposedly if you diligently invest the difference you break even without ever taking the risk of a mortgage.

However in Ireland, if you rent you will about twice what a mortgage would. There are people that can easily afford mortgages but are trapped in poverty here.

Yeah I have hobbies, relationships and a job to use up the time where every waking moment I crave alcohol. If I was off the grid I'd have nothing but time and no one to judge me.

Buy land. Then build a house.

I didn't even own guns at the time, and I'm not forced to live here. I choose to. It's a bigger house, indoor swimming pool, plenty of things to entertain me in the city. You merely speak from your anger of your lack of choice in your own life. It all boils down to jealousy. Stay poor.

how does one learn to build a house? I've been thinking of doing this

I still plan of working most of the time.. its just that the property isn't connected to public utilities and I'd rely on proane and wood stoves for heat, water tanks that use rain catch or delivery for the toilet,shower and sink and solar panels for some electricity and eventually more solar panels for more ample electric supply .. getting away from the bustle of dense population centers will allow ones body to rest and regenerate much more .. you'll feel so much better naturally you'll grow to hate liquor.

Menards

32 years old, living with my parents.

I'm addicted to the Internet too.

I own two farms in Eastern Poland. One is a chicken and Turkey farm and the other is a mixed vegetable one. I also have a small orchard but its still growing.

Jak jakis anonek szuka pracy to jestem niedaleko Lublina ;)

I'll bet my life savings you're also a Christian.

SAVE BIG MONEY AT

Lost the 160 year old house I rebuilt in the divorce.
>don't do it, user.

Plenty of programs with low/no down payment. Buy the cheapest shit possible. Fix it up. Profit. Buy next home. Repeat.

yep.

it's going to be a tight, have to be frugal, but I can do it while my wife is a stay at home mom. I'm also underpaid for my job/experience so I've been looking at getting a higher paying job with better benefits. health insurance gets expensive fast.

I'm 40+. Own house. 165 square meters in flag related.

ever heard of Satellite? I have a $200 Dish Network sat dish and receiver I bought in 2001 they tell me will still work. you can get internet over sat.

Attached: dishNET-1-879x485.jpg (879x485, 57K)

I own a house, two cars, a boat, and a restaurant. All paid for, I have zero debt. Also have a hot blonde haired blue eyed wife, three sons, and a dog, but the dog is kinda retarded.

>neighbors stirr shit for you
>too lazy to clean or renovate
>muh choice
>live with mommy and daddy
>it wuz boomers fault n shiyeet
Yeah right leaf. If your neighbors were pakis your coward ass would not step foot there and it would be known as a no go zone. And my parents have money unlike me the poor uni student. But fuck that you know... You can't buy character or dignity. If I lived in a country with a developed economy like yours I'd shut the fuck up and made a castle of that rotting house. Say whatever you wan't you're still a spineless piece of trash.

Bought a house solo in the Seattle area recently. I am 24. Even with roommates it is pushing what I can afford, but I would never be able to afford a house a year from now even if I saved all of my money. The market is insane around here.

Was lucky enough to inherit 6 houses in London

Just bought a house in southern Indiana for $140,000. 30 year fixed at 4.6%. Rented for a couple years after graduating college, then moved back to Indiana and lived with my parents for the last 2 years. It's not that bad living with your parents when you get to put 90% of your paycheck in savings every year.

>ever heard of Satellite?

Dumped my DTV this past weekend. Went internet streaming. Saved $100/mo doing so.

Mortgaged to the hilt here. 43 with 19 more years to go, it's my second mortgage though, bought and sold my first house

I own the family's vacation house, I rent an apartment though.
I make up for that apartment with a small car collection. I'll buy some lakeside property in Alaska or Maine when I'm able to pay out half of it straight up.

Attached: IMAG09501.jpg (1344x760, 279K)

Good!

Attached: A8A758B2-D6D8-4CDE-BC3B-51BC977AFA7B-1579-00000394175FB5AE.jpg (736x1184, 104K)

20 years old and I own a home with my wife, sister, and best friend from highschool.
Renting is for chimps.
Jews own all the rental properties in my town.
If you burn your money every month instead of puting the value into your land you are 0 i.q.

Yes Maine is where it's at for real estate.
Cities surrounding Portland are in a huge boom as people get priced out by the New Yorkers moving in. Bought my house for 205k and I garuntee it will be valued over 300k in 2 years.
Costs 1800 a month with utilities cause we paying into the mortgage fast. 4 people living here so it's only 450-500 a month.

Studio apartment barely livable amount of space is 1000 a month and you don't get to profit off what you put into it.