Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conversion_disorder
youtube.com/watch?v=BX12NVUhceI
youtube.com/watch?v=bA6UzXZG8z0
youtube.com/watch?v=kDrfHj3j398
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Seems pretty relatable desu senpai

I liked it better when I thought he was gay

It was more complex that that. The three of them grew up together like siblings. After Annerose became a countess she took them in and paid for their education. No surprise that he felt obliged to them as his benefactors.

No one cares about Kircheis other than the in-universe characters

even so, kircheis's initial loyalty to reinhard came from annerose. he did grow closer to reinhard with time, but he always seemed to care more about annerose, ie watching over reinhard more because she asked him to than because he himself wanted to.

Eh, seemed like he cared about both equally to me, his loyalthy was wit the simblings but Annerose had the extra perk of being a chick so she was fuckable, i guess the idea of fucking another dude isn't even a thing in the goldenburg dynasty

Because him and Oberstein were the only Imperial admirals who did not act like sociopaths.

Literally did nothing wrong. And Oberstein was more loyal to Reinhard only because Reinhard happened to also improve society overall as well as destroy the Goldenbaums.

I wouldn't be surprised if Oberstein would betray Reinhard if Reinhard started to walk the path of Rudolf.

Good question. This guy gets barely any screen time for 26 episodes and does nothing noteworthy, and the show excepts us to worship him. Characters are definitely not LOGH's strong point.

Dude had like 2 episodes dedicated to him and Reinhard's backstory was told from his point of view

>Characters are definitely not LOGH's strong point
Correction: Empire characters. FPA characters are stellar

>I wouldn't be surprised if Oberstein would betray Reinhard if Reinhard started to walk the path of Rudolf.
He did. Who did you think poisoned Reinhard anyway?

Except that's wrong you fucking faggot.

Emil. He was shady little bitch

>Julian
No.

>>was only loyal to reinhard because he wanted to bone reinhard
ftfy

Julian is the straight man in the FPA comedy routines. The tsukommi to to their boke. Definitely an underrated role that doesn't get enough respect.

Whether he's looking shocked while Yang and Dusty pass a wine bottle around a table, or looking shocked while Poplin and Schenkopp criticize each other for their sexual exploits, or looking shocked while Schenkopp and Poplin mock Dusty for being a pathetic loser virgin, Julian does it well enough to get the laughs.

please, the imperials were more interesting by far.

Sure, if you count Merkatz as an imperial character.

The FPA had the best characters having the best scenes.
>Yang using Thor's Hammer for the first time
>Yang cringing when they sing the FPA anthem at him in the restaurant
>the moderates versus the extremists on the FPA high council
>Fork getting so BTFO that he goes blind
>Yang throwing mad shade at his interrogators
>defeating Geiersberg Fortress
>passing the bottle of wine around Yang's conference table
>the admiral who won't stop talking about bread
>Yang's speech on El Facil
>Bucock's final words
>the 5-minute version of ED3
>everyone falling asleep on Iserlohn
>Poplin pissing and shitting himself while drunk
>the Iserlohn Republic national anthem
>Merkatz's final words
>every scene of the bachelors teasing each other
>every scene of the bachelors bullying Cazellnu
>every single mention of foppery and whim

What does the Empire have? Reinhard crying that Kircheis isn't in bed with him, Oberstein interrupting a wedding to announce his diagnosis, and Reuenthal killing millions of his own troops.

The empire has Bittenfeld being the best boy in the entire series

This, the scenes were spectacular. Moreover when they were practically always outnumbered and outgunned.
Wenli is best boy and there is nothing you can say to change my opinion. Reinhardt is just ok.

every scene with cutest admiral and his bro.

>and does nothing noteworthy

Pretty sure he's the only one who beat Yang by actually out-thinking him. You could make a point that Kircheis was one of the best admirals on both sides, but simply never really had the ambition or any grand goals beyond being loyal to Reinhard.

Everything actually could go better if he was alive. Even Yang liked him, though.

I honestly wish they made this case. Kircheis has practically no fucking depth beyond being Reinhard's lackey, and the fact that he's such a major part of the plot is probably one of my biggest complaints about the series.

Why is the entire cast alcoholics?

Why not?

Because of that

You don't die protecting your bro just because you have the hots for his sister.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only alcohol.

Why is the entire human race irl alcoholics?

Because alcohol is humanity's best friend.

>Fork getting so BTFO that he goes blind
This scene was never funny to me before but I keked just now thinking of it that way.

Reuenthal telling the fat gestapo guy to fuck off is one of my favorites tho

>And Oberstein was more loyal to Reinhard
Oberstein was loyal to the Empire, and his biggest desire was for a prosperous Empire, in which people could live well.

His loyalty for Reinhard was because he was showing results. Had he started acting like a despot and having an ill effect on the Empire, Oberstein would have attempted to dispose of him.

He literally got buttblasted so hard he had an aneurysm, it's hilarious on so many levels especially after a whole arc of his stupidity on full showcase.

>Reuenthal being the guy who finally shoots that fucker Trunicht since he's dying already so he doesn't give a fuck

What do you think Yang would drink in this era?

Scotch

Tea with Brandy

Semen

He did want to bone Rainharuto-sama's sister real hard (and she wanted him to pretty bad too), but that doesn't mean he wasn't also gay as hell for Reinhard too, mate.

Because alcohol is humanity's friend, duh.

You have the other way around bucko, he didnt bone his sister only because he was loyal to Reinhard. She wanted it too, so if he invented an excuse at any moment he had Reinhard on the palm of his hand to let him stay one more day at Odin and pound her so hard his groin would stay marked on her ass. But he respected him and his friendship too much to possibly cause a break in his relationship with him to get a move on Annerose.

Poplan was right.

He always was.

Nigga annerose was fucking the emperor, no way Kircheis could have fucked annerose and lived to tell anybody

If Kircheis was alive, do you think there is a possibility that he would ntr Reinhard and join Yang's side?

Yes, but only if Reinhard was still complicit with Westerland despite Kircheis's advice.

Well, the point of having him die right when Reinhard started to give signs of being corrupted by power was first that having you thinking of how they'd conflict over it made his death surprising, and second that he still chose to sacrifice himself increases the dramatic significance of the event.

I don't think that if he stayed alive he'd have joined Yang, but at the very least he'd probably have prevented some of the flukes causes by Reinhard's more battle-hungry tendencies, would also have made him more unpredictable in battle, would have massively helped on preventing the information abuse that led to the Reuenthal incident and the ripple between Reinhard and Annerose wouldn't exist.

Which is why I think "if only Kircheis were here" has weight even if you didn't like him.

How are the books?

Opinions vary, but the consensus I get from the threads overall is that the translation quality isn't the best

So why was merkatz such a hyper cuck for the goldenbaums again?

What do you mean? He was a hypercuck of aristocracy, no?
History knows many hypercucks like him. They just want to preserve power and money while keeping to their older beliefs and policies.

Merkatz had no interest in keeping power and money, so much so that he didn't keep any of those things now did he made any attempt to.
He had interest in honoring his life long allegiance to his lord. It's a very feudal way of thinking that may be difficult to relate to, but it's a very real one.

nor did he*

it wasn't about ideology, merkatz just served the goldenbaums loyally for his entire life and was just too old for any rebellion shit.

>t's a very feudal way of thinking that may be difficult to relate to, but it's a very real one.
Not really. Real feudals were ditching their lords with ease, if that could benefit.
I'd rather agree with this. Since Merkatz wasn't a big feudal like Braunschweig, then he just kept on fighting for his old way of life without any relation to money and power

I think kircheis would have rebelled if reinhard went to far, in which case he probably would have collaborated with yang, but I don't think he would have gone as far as supporting a democracy,

there will never be another anime like this one.

He was a cuck

More like he wanted to bone the brother but successfully convinced himself it was just his lust for his sister talking.

>Reuenthal shoots an unarmed civilian
>Good character having one of the best scenes
Sure ... kid. Whatever you say.

Being unarmed doesn't mean you're not dangerous. A thousand monkeys with guns are probably less dangerous than Trunicht and his tongue.

Oh, please. If you didn't squeal like a little girl from the enjoyment of seeing Trunhit getting shot there's something wrong with you.

Based Bucock

moar like Brocock amirite?

NEVER FORGET

goddamn i need to watch LoGH again

LoGH turned to shit after Yang died desu ama

those brief frames of soul crying his eyes out in the next episode felt awful.

Because you don't abandon a friend

Best old man. Sorry Merkatz.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conversion_disorder
>Conversion disorder is a mental condition in which a person has blindness, paralysis, or other nervous system (neurologic) symptoms that cannot be explained by medical evaluation.

Formerly known as "hysteria".

An imageset is unnecessary when you can just link the video.

Short version:
youtube.com/watch?v=BX12NVUhceI

Long version:
youtube.com/watch?v=bA6UzXZG8z0

I wanted to see bucock and merkatz being bros one day :/

>Bucock doesn't want a good master or to be a good servant
>Merkatz wants to be a good servant to a good master
>can two old admirals share an apartment without driving each other crazy... IN SPACE???
youtube.com/watch?v=kDrfHj3j398

I'd watch it

>kircheis's initial loyalty to reinhard came from annerose
lmao how can a person be so wrong

Yang inquiry is my favorite part in the series

In the book he's even more smug

A fuckhuge percentile of the human population is alcoholic to some degree

Feels good my native language isn't english so it's not that weird

For me, it's like the translator was used to translating vacuum and DVD manuals and suddenly had to translate a novel without preparation. The prose is so dry and awful. Maybe it's like that in the original, I don't know.

Where the hell is the trigger in that gun?

That's a cute Yang.

they fired the translator after the 3rd or 4th book

But did you have good subtitles?

Why the heck are the colors so different on each language?

He always is

Freedom.

Are these from Gaiden? Yang looks younger here. I still yet have to watch it.

Is Yang racist or just have some problem with Mashengo?

Yang automatically dislikes all soldiers in general. Soldiers are only good for war, and war is bad.