You have 10 seconds to justify Endless Eight

You have 10 seconds to justify Endless Eight.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-ioRWlG9PBQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its a good spot to drop the series for good.

It wasn't the Endless Fifteen Thousand, Four Hundred and Ninety Eight.

Poor Yuki.

Not realizing the genius behind E8 where you are forced to endure what the alien tard had to, but on a smaller scale.

Harui's bikinis.

It's intentional to build up to Disappearance. First, make you sympathize with Nagato who had to go through the Endless Eight but over centuries worth. Second, the Disappearance movie becomes all the better fin comparison. Third, we get more of Haruhi's body.

no endless 8 means no nagato char motivation for disappearance
checkmate user

to feel a very small fraction of the pain Yuki suffered which basically gives you an idea why what happened in the movie even happened.

It's not actually endless.

This is such a fucking pretentious reasoning. It's neither comparable to what the character goes through, it's pointles because the character's mindset is different to that of a regular human being, and it treats the viewer as the kind of cretin completely incapable of empathising with the character through conventional storytelling methods without hammering the point over and over again like to some goddamn child. The intent was obvious, it doesn't change the fact that it was straight up shit and unbelievably pretentious.

I can't, maybe kyoanus saving money, i skipped that boring crap regardless tho

You're still talking about it 8 years later.

It got a lot of autists mad.

It was a good arc extended way more than it should, 3 or 4 episodes would suffice

It's a thing that only a serial medium like a TV show could do, nobody else had ever dared to try doing it, the only way to see if it was worth it was to do it and judge it afterwards.

KLITERAL INO

I wish I could have experienced it with Sup Forums as it aired.

KYON-KUN, DENWA

The basic experience.

Why does she sit like that?

Found the brainlet.

Says the fuckwit spewing buzzwords conjured up by anti-intellectual internet communities obsessed over terrible memes. I bet Frank Herbert's Dune or some other equally shitty genre fiction is about as far as you've ventured when it comes to literature, you sad cunt.

>show tried something different
FUCKING PRETENTIOUS GARBAGE MAKING ME FEEL DUMB FUCK OFF IM NOT STOOPID

What happened in your life to make you this insecure? Try reading a book, you're gonna have a fucking heart attack.

Jesus christ that gave me second hand embarrassment

a pleb filter of the highest order, redditfags need to apply themselves

*tips fedora*

maybe her butt hurt

Slav genes

>go through 15000+ iterations
>do fucking nothing to stop them
Am I supposed to sympathize with her?

It's to give us a taste of what Yuki had to go through. I mean the audience went absolutely crazy after only a few weeks, imagine what Yuki had to go through after over 15,000 loops.

It's also sorta exhibit A in the argument that the Haruhi anime might not actually be narrated by Kyon. His voice might narrate it, but I have a theory that Yuki is the actual narrator. Between Endless Eight and Someday in the Rain, Kyon being the narrator doesn't make complete sense. There's too much of the series he couldn't narrate. This is all obviously being narrated after the fact, but that means he could only narrate the last loop. He forgot all the loops before that. The only character who could narrate Endless Eight is Yuki. Also Kyon couldn't narrate Someday in the Rain (which is anime original), but Yuki was there. She's also capable of keeping track of Kyon without having to be close to him, so she can narrate events she wasn't present for. It also explains the broadcast order. Yuki doesn't see time linearly like we do, so it's not impossible for her to have compiled events in a way that makes them fit together narratively even if they aren't chronological.

This theory only applies to the anime though. Also that introspection scene from Disappearance challenges my theory a bit, since it's the one thing Yuki coulnd't really narrate. She's capable of seeing events on a large scale, but she can't really read minds.

Lets you know when to skip to the movie.

What are you supposed to do?

She has explicit instructions to observe. She only acts if its necessary to save the other members of the SOS Brigade. That's not the case here, since she's the only one in any actual danger, and even then I doubt she thinks of herself as being in a dangerous situation just from experiencing time loops.

>Implying you didn't drop the series earlier

Drop hints about doing the homework.

I dropped it at the third episode of endless 8 should I go back to finish?

heres your (you)

Of course fag, just skip to the last episode. Too bad after that comes Sighs which is arguably the weakest arc

How exactly did GodAni save money with Endless Eight?

Endless Eight is avant-garde anime.

They didn't really.

If you want to be cynical you could say that they did Endless Eight to pad out the series, since they didn't have enough events chronologically being Disappearance to make a full second season, but that's not a money decision.

That was Kadokawa's decision.

It was endless, so it definitely got the point across

This is why they did it.

It is glimse into what she endured while everyone just played around blissfully.

Also, the anime was a giant troll and this was the cherry on top.

I can't.
The story worked just fine in the novels without doing it eight times.

it's only 4 hours long. I bet that everyone here wasted more time on some generic anime that you will never remember anymore. For a memorable experience it is a small price to pay.

There is a video somewhere that plays all of the episodes at the same time. Might be an interesting watch for you.

Were the production cost of an episode 1/8th of the normal costs?

The story in the novel was from volume 5, after Disappearance.

It works better in the anime because it happens chronologically.

The episodes didn't reuse animation, they were all different.
Please watch the topic in question before replying to a thread, thank you.

At a minimum, 1, 2 and 8 are probably enough, but if you have good attention to detail, it's worth sitting through the whole thing.

ayy man, same situation here

Stupid otaku shit money.

The real reason behind E8 was KyoAni's revenge.
They were planning to make S2 with Disappearance and Snow Mountain Syndrome arcs in it but Kadokawa decided they want Disappearance as movie and informed about it on very short notice. Kyoani's work were thrown out in the trash bin just because. So out of spite they did unique for every episode screenplay, character designs, even character's lines were recorded differently from episode to episode. The only thing that was the same is script.

Its a good spot to drop the series for good.

Poor Yuki.

Not realizing the genius behind E8 where you are forced to endure what the alien tard had to, but on a smaller scale.

Who set the thread to repeat?

Who set the thread to repeat?

15532 in animeverse

Lets you know when to skip to the movie.

Agreed. A great idea in theory but poor in practice. 3 would have been perfect, 4 acceptable.

You're still talking about it 8 years later.

to feel a very small fraction of the pain Yuki suffered which basically gives you an idea why what happened in the movie even happened.

Jesus christ that gave me second hand embarrassment

This is such a fucking pretentious reasoning. It's neither comparable to what the character goes through, it's pointles because the character's mindset is different to that of a regular human being, and it treats the viewer as the kind of cretin completely incapable of empathising with the character through conventional storytelling methods without hammering the point over and over again like to some goddamn child. The intent was obvious, it doesn't change the fact that it was straight up shit and unbelievably pretentious.

Found the brainlet.

I can't. It still hurts my fucking brain.

it boosts her thinking capabilities by 15%

(OP)
I wish I could have experienced it with Sup Forums as it aired.

I thought I was being fucked with at first and I didn't understand the point of endless 8, maybe I'm not intelligent enough for the show

So that, when you go to rewatch the anime, you finally notice Yuki's slowly worsening expression and dimming voice as the whole thing goes on.
The first time it hurts.
But after watching the movie, it's lethal.

I liked it the third time watching it. Aesthetically it's pleasing, summer activities are fun and you feel for the alien girl and all the replies she had to repeat over and over again. Also the ending was glorious.

Why would anyone sympathize with that retarded alien? She doesn't feel shit.
>She looks so sad
She always looks like that you god damn moron.

Spoken like a true autist.

You have 10 seconds to justify Endless Eight.

Poor Yuki.

Harui's bikinis.

STOP IT

It's intentional to build up to Disappearance. First, make you sympathize with Nagato who had to go through the Endless Eight but over centuries worth. Second, the Disappearance movie becomes all the better fin comparison. Third, we get more of Haruhi's body.

no endless 8 means no nagato char motivation for disappearance
checkmate user

Three episodes could have achieved that, I'm sure most people who aren't retarded would have got the point by then

It's not actually endless.

Why do I seeing double posts?

Why do I seeing double posts?

So what is it?

Guys, Iggy Pop is the shit. Take your shirts off. Snort some coke. Live life.
気持ちいい
youtube.com/watch?v=-ioRWlG9PBQ

On a scale of 1 to 10, what do you think are the chances for this franchise to ever see a revival?

Like 3 or 4 if you're optimistic

I can't, maybe kyoanus saving money, i skipped that boring crap regardless tho

If you asked a couple of years back I would've said 2, but then Yuki-chan happened out of the blue so I guess 3.

Sympathizing with Yuki is only one part of it. The Haruhi franchise has also always been art about anime. It's an artwork that intertwines with real life humans. It really reveals something about humanity when you see people's reaction to it in combination with the work itself. Haruhi has always done interesting things where it and the fans have interacted in unique ways, and this was another way to accomplish that.
There's also a theory that it's a metaphor for anime itself, and a critique of otaku culture. It really makes you think, why is it so bad to see the same plot over and over, when that's what you always do anyway, and enjoy it? It's meant to make otaku reflect on how they really spend their time when they watch anime with the same plots over and over. Endless Eight is a metaphor for the otaku lifestyle in this manner.

it's just a neat directing thing that conveys SUMMER pretty well
it doesn't really matter

Another thing is that it introduces the masses to art analysis. Endless Eight may or may not be the deepest anime, but that doesn't really matter. The fact is that it has succeeded in making fans who usually don't think about deep stuff and symbolism, start thinking about it, because its structure encourages in depth thought about art. So that's another value in Endless Eight. Many people maybe had their first deeper thoughts about anime while they were watching Endless Eight.

The only correct way to watch it is to randomly generate a number between 1 and 8 and watch that episode, then do it another 15497 times.