What's the point of fanservice?

What's the point of fanservice?

To service the fans.

How?

/thread

That's for you to decide.

Is there any other reason than to just

What you count as fan service might not count for others.

Fan service is done specifically to please fans. It's inclusion of scenes, events, characters that the majority of the fans will enjoy and keep them watching for other such scenes. That's it. People like pantsu flashes, so they'll put them in shows where it's not an ecchi show, like The Devil is a Part Timer or LELOOOOUUUCHE. It also includes necessary scenes like this under the definition 'fan service'.

No fanservice = no reason for anime to exist over any western produced media

if you're not okay with fanservice in anime (which is what the core base of anime fans WANT), change hobby.

Fucken translations when?

The best kind of fanservice is entire shows like Carnival Phantasm.

But I want to watch anime

this is why "fan service" is actually a misnomer a lot of the time though

because you can put a pantsu flash in any show
so a scene like that is not really for fans of that show specifically its just a trope at that point

real fan service has to be more specific than that

> more specific than that
Explain

Not really. It is fan service as it's most likely to be men watching the show and seeing qt3.14 grills flash their sexy underwear at you is much more interesting than not. Even if it's just once.

In fact, I respect shows that do that instead of shows like this, where skirts suddenly don't obey fucking physics. If you're not gonna show the flash 1. Don't angle the shot like this, 2. Don't put them in skirts, 3. Don't make them do things that would cause a flash. The worst thing is, the other girls see her flash and comment on it. It's like, fuck sake? What's the point?

Anyway, panty flashes are fan service, minor service? Sure. But it's still fan service. You could say the beach episode or onsen (or a random bath/shower scene which is overly sensual) episode is a 'trope' at this point but it isn't. It's a fan service to see the girls in the nip. You might get lucky and see some side boob, a butt, or part of the groin area but avoiding the cleft of venus.

In conclusion, anything can be a fanservice?

Yes and no. Fanservice has to be something specifically put into a show in order to either keep people watching or to get people watching. This often means content that is not expected in the show happens. For example a serious drama suddenly has a misunderstanding grope scene. I can try and give an example, Fairy Tail started as another manga/show and wasn't anything special. Brave Master had next to no fanservice in (maybe a couple of pantsu flashes in the background) and so Fairy Tail didn't either... Until the anime came and suddenly it did. Because people watched it for that. So Fairy Tail became a borderline ecchi show because it survived by providing lots of fanservice.

Anything can be fan service, but it has to be something that fans want to see and or will get people to watch.

Do people really want to see some panties flashing?

Why not? I love panties.

Dostedt user??!

You're more prone to buy stuff related to shows that tickle your wee wee

>pantsu flash
panty flashes reassure the viewer that the characters are actually morally upstanding and are infact wearing underwear.

when an anime takes great pains to avoid panty flashes people begin to wonder whether the characters are infact wearing underwear.

It can also be used to save budget and relieve the pressure on schedule as these service scenes or episode could usually be made with less key frames

It has been YEARS since I last saw some.

>demotivational image
Did you just wake up from a ten year coma OP?

I hope he goes back to sleep.

Not that guy, but the last time I regularly visited this board Muromi-san was still airing.

I hope not, demotivationals were fun. FUN.

Ten years!? No way in hell it has been that long since I got here...
>2008 was almost ten years ago
Holy shit, help me.

There are a some retarded ones in between the goodies. Dunno if I should dump.

Which chinese cartoon is this from?

Wrong board. Fuck off.

>not using WAIT

DO IT
for great justice

>filename
Sometimes it’s necessary (given if it’s an ecchi show), most times it’s not.

Some do, some don’t.

Fucking Marche, greatest MC to ever live.

Would hate to get pulled into a Isekai with em.

That was gr8

I'm not done yet. Someone tried to interfere.

To make money. They know it works.

I hope for more awakenings. I might help wash the cancer off Sup Forums (many other boards are lost).