Seacats

Was she autistic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hd8jsDgaHNM?t=13m54s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Obviously.

Was the entire cast autistic?

She's unlikely to have been autistic, but she possibly was a schizo, considering she listened to what people in her head said. She probably ended up like this after ended up traumatised due to the loss of her family. Her eventual estrangement from her only living relative likely only aggravated this.

This condition was probably strong on her due to the big impression Maria left on her, Maria also having been a child who grew up in a difficult environment (abusive mother, neglect, abandonment and bullying), and who in turn was influence by yet another person who had been screwed up by life (this person being Yasu).

This is why, by the end of EP8 when you have to choose between Mystery or Fantasy. When you choos Mystery (i.e. reality), Ange kills herself due to having to accept all her loneliness and also the horrible truth she learned, with nothing to give her some peace of mind.
On the other hand, choosing Fantasy, allowed her to go on living her life trying to think the best of her own family and her own reality, disregarding the bitterness of truth in favour of something more soothing.

Mystery is the real ending.

A little fucked up, but nothing much.

no she was mincemeat

Ange is worthless.

Except Will, yes.

My daughter Maria is so cute

Maria is the worst daughter to have.

That's why he divorced.

If anybody was an autist in Umineko it was Maria. And I'm talking about actual autism, not the kind of autism that gets thrown around as an insult on here.

Ange is on the boderline of being insane, seeing random steaks and listening to them, as well as thinking of all her dead family members are alive in some way.

Having imaginary friends is not being insane, she knew full well they weren't real and just a coping method for her. And she doesn't literally think they're all alive, they live on in her heart and memories. Do you have no reading comprehension?

Did we read the same thing? She visits an entire island to "cope" knowing they are all fake?

The real Ange never actually visited Rokkenjima. Maybe you should try re-reading the whole thing?

Visiting the island doesn't connect to her imaginary friends.
Ange visited the island to find closure. Everyone and everything seemed like it was lying to her. So visiting ground zero and bumming around for some miraculous looked over evidence was the only thing she could do.
Rokenjima Prime. Don't you remember them finding the old boat captain, going to the island then the shoot out scene?

Real Ange visited Rokkenjima.

EP4 Ange was not Rokkenjima prime Ange. The 'real' Ange is the one in the magic ending, and she didn't go to Rokkenjima. She was on her way there in the trick ending but ultimately decided not to.

Magic ending is the fake ending.

Everyone in Umineko was autistic as fuck except maybe Gohda

sure

Gohda is the most autistic.

Is this a theory
I don't remember such a thing being explicitly stated

No. It's all in the VN.

Going to tell me some made up ending is the real one?

What makes you think it's not real?

Why would you believe magic is real, given the entire premise of the VN?

Did you miss the whole point of the VN?

I think you did.

The entire premise is that red words don't exist in real life so we can never know the truth. Without them we can flounder around like Battler at the beginning, crying about not enough information and never make up our minds.
Or we can decide for ourselves what the truth is. The magic end is the ending where Ange believes, in spite of lack of absolute evidence, that her brother is alive. The trick end is where Ange believes, despite lack of absolute evidence, that everyone is dead and Amakusa betrayed her. And that she has an imaginary detective friend named Erika.

The premise is that the truth is less important than certain other things

why. He was only retarded

man. I don't think I'll ever discover anything quite as silly as umineko

You're worthless

Gohda isn't autistic, he's a fucking normie. The worst type of normie - the one who criticizes people for being shy or withdrawn.

I think what user's saying is alluded to in episode 6(?) when she visits Ikuko Hachijo and has memories of her going back to Rokkenjima but hasn't actually gone yet.

It's said several times in EP8 that Ange hasn't actually moved a step from where she was standing at the top of the building in EP3. Therefore Ange's adventures in both EP4 and EP6 are not 'real' (however this doesn't mean they aren't important still)

Yeah, kinda, but that didn't mean truth wasn't important.
In Ange's case, truth was a problem because considering her circumstances, the truth was going to do her no good, whatsoever. She really was better off without it, and believing whatever she wanted.

That's the only thing that allowed her to keep on going despite the lonely and sad life she lead.

Tohya is possibly an example of what happens if you go for the Trick end, since upon learning the truth he attempted suicide, though he was lucky he didn't die - sadly, he ended up in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. He also seemed to have become a rather bitter man after that.

Posting best Seacat.

Don't mind me, just posting best furniture.

I fucking hate this bitch so much I'm going to shit in her hat.

Kinzo was one crazy dude.
All those
>I wouldn't put it past father

youtu.be/hd8jsDgaHNM?t=13m54s

>He also seemed to have become a rather bitter man after that.
Obviously, he remembered who the real killer was after all.

You know what angers me, that I cannot deny that possibility because we never met the real Battler.
Every single Battler we knew was product of some forgery.

But that's the best part, it also changes completely your viewpoint on why Tohya hated getting his memories back, just imagine one day you're living and chilling with your writer waifu, hoping for a good life and then all of a sudden you remember you've actually murdered your entire family along with all the fucked bullshit too.
It'd probably be easier to let go of being Tohya if the other you wasnt a murderous bastard.

>you've actually murdered your entire family
are we sure about that ?

It's just a way of saying, don't think too hard about it.

For all we know he didn't murder anyone, but his parents did, which would also be enough of a trauma for him to react like that.

I also think he lived several years as Tohya prior to attempting suicide, so I don't think it would be easy to let go of Tohya either way.

That being said, Battler being the culprit is a possibility. If that's how it is, then Beatrice served to protect his identity.

Well, for all we know, there might be a high chance the he himself murdered his own parents at least though.
Only real thing we know about real battler was that he indeed stopped going to the family conventions and took out his own Ushiromiya name out of disgust for the family and how they treated his mother's death.
Then one year he suddenly decides to go back to the family, with even the sibling's and Yasu being surprised.

Yeah, the info in the forgeries was that Rudolph begged for forgiveness, but we don't know what happened in Prime.

EP8 also implied Rudolph at some point told Kyrie and Battler about the baby swap - which could easily have caused either of them to snap.

The sad thing is we lack info on Prime, which is a damn shame considering one of the themes of the ending (that sometimes truth isn't good for you), which would work better if we knew the truth of Prime (this includes actual Prime history for the characters and not just the murder event).

>but his parents did
for Rudolph debt ?

Honestly, who knows?
Rudolph could have killed because of debt.
Kyrie could have killed because of anger (baby swap revelation), and Battler could have done the same.

Nothing wrong with Ange In the trick ending, it's just a different conclusion to her journey.

>People are still too brainlet to understand that Featherine is actually canonically on a higher more important and real level of existence than the one the WTC series takes place

BATORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The part when nobody could disagree with Battler that Kinzo would just jump out the window.

No, just really fucking lonely and a bit crazy.

She gets a pass because of her legs though.

The only Battler that matters is the Meta Battler
And you can't fucking possibly tell me that the Endless Sorcerer is not a COOL dude.

Go back on /jp/

I want to fuck Lambdadelta!

No. Just a cunt.

Ange is pure.