Sword Art Online

The new arc is named Unital Ring. Prologue just came out on Dengeki Bunko Magazine.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/sao_anime/status/939691150587449344
twitter.com/AnonBabble

any details?
kirito's in his sword arts academy outfit so back to underworld i guess?

I hope it's better than the rest, the author got better at writing but the latest arcs of SAO were shit nonetheless because they were still based upon this atrocious webnovel.
I hope it gets better when he actually starts with a completely new arc from scratch.

>any details?
Not yet really. We get the full names of Kirito's birth parents, but that's the only details from the prologue that anyone's really mentioned so far.

>Unital Ring
So Urinal Ring it is, then.

I know nothing about this part of SAO but I can see the katakana for Underworld.

>any details?
Kirito wins.

It's an artwork for the anime, probably has nothing to do with the new arc.
As for the prologue, the first part is Kikuoka talking to Star King. Something about a new seed that can either throw the world into chaos or unite it.
Next is Kirito consulting Yui about what present he should get for Asuna's birthday. She gets mad and tells him to think about it himself. The OS incident is mentioned here, it's said to have happened half a year ago. I guess Kawahara incorporated the movie into the LN timeline.
The rest is mostly the same as ME22. Kirito logs into ALO to do his piled up summer homework and comes across Alice who's now playing as a Caith Sith. They talk about UW, then Asuna appears. Suddenly there's a huge earthquake, they run outside and see the sky getting dyed red and covered in alert messages, just like when Kayaba announced that they were trapped in SAO.
End of prologue.

>any details?
Someone told me it'll probably be a Kirito-centric arc. Which when you think about it, it kinda different. Kirito's always been the center of the story, but the story has never actually focused on him.
>kirito's in his sword arts academy outfit so back to underworld i guess?
Pretty sure that's just related to the Alicization anime, seeing as the Magazine comes with some double-sides plastic sheet thing, with that illustration, and the other side being one of LLENN from AGGO.

>The OS incident is mentioned here, it's said to have happened half a year ago. I guess Kawahara incorporated the movie into the LN timeline.
>The rest is mostly the same as ME22.
Looks like Kawahara abandoned his idea of making OS take place after Alicization.

From the Alice character book. By Tiv

This one is by Sanbasou.

This should be the first arc not constrained by the web novel, too.
Wonder how it'll go.

lol @ people saying the latest arc is shit. it was not shit, it was just feels unfinished and incomplete (not satisfying). do you even read it?

Deus Volt

Wasn’t the next arc supposed to be about SPACE?

W-what
>yfw when were you under the impression you weren't in VR this whole time?

No.
IIRC, Moon Cradle had a bit about creating spaceships in UnderWorld.
Not sure if this arc will actually cover that though.

Why is Alice punished

>Deus Volt
That's a good name for some electrical weapon.

Who cares, why did Accel World had to die for this?

Both are crap but Accel had literally ONE interesting thing at least.

The AW anime got killed by Sunrise. The LN is still going strong.

Meanwhile, there was an announcement of a rebroadcast of SAO2 on certain channels.

twitter.com/sao_anime/status/939691150587449344

The trend with this sort of thing seems to be that as soon as the rebroadcast is over, the next season follows within a week or two. So, S3 will probably start in Summer (again).
Then again, the tweet says that the rebroadcast is to commemorate the GGO anime, so maybe the rebroadcast will only do the first arc, and the GGO anime will start in Spring?

Thoughts?

I can see it happening in summer again too.

how many time can you get trapped on a videogame?

As many times as needed, just look at all the isekai out there.

I just finally got to watch Ordinal Scale yesterday. So is it now canon that Klein and his buddies never get their memories back? That's rough as hell.

Yuna returned their memories in the end. Makes no sense but oh well, it's SAO after all.

It depends a bit on how much they mind SAO3 and GGO running at the same time. I could see the GGO anime starting in spring after SAO2 finishes that arc, then SAO3 starting in summer after SAO2 finishes.

Oh fuck this.

More Accel World when? Or at least make a SAO arc that sets up the foundations for the Accel World story

Is Progressive 5 anywhere close to completion yet?

I wish Kawahara would just hurry up and finish SAO and AW so he can focus on SAOP and Isolator. Their one volume a year schedule is depressing.
Has anyone here read volume 4? Is Suu ded?

What is this and where I can get it?

Alice's character book, it's bundled with Dengeki Bunko Magazine vol.59. You can probably order it somewhere.

Speaking of which, I know some of you would love to be trapped on by Trapito.

>broke taboo
>eye literally exploded
>mindbroken by a bunch of perverted old men