Isekai thred

You know as mediocre/shitty as this manga is, it's nice to see the asexual protagonist get called out for his sad lack of lust.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-yBAY8kLjKY
youtube.com/watch?v=L3XAFSMdVWU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>speedreeder confirmed
He already has his woman though. it's already clear that sun is endgame and he already knows that he likes her and that she likes him back, besides the manga is skipping a ton of shit in regards to that

I hope the overpowered MC, videogame mechanics and instant harem trend in isekai dies soon, Isekai used to be about much more things before it become mainstream to have all that shit as the lowest common denominator of isekai

>and he already knows that he likes her and that she likes him back

Just die already, old fart.
The world don't need you nor your outdated opinions.

This is the problem with manga only readers I mean sure the original WN/LNs are trashy and there are cases where manga makes them bearable but most of them still are incredibly inferior and just don't adapt that well into manga.
Yet you see these isekai threads made by these people reading one chapter and shitting or praising them for completely different reasons. Though I can see where they're coming from when most of them are just incredibly bad machine translations.

Oh god this fucking retard.

I'm trying to fill up these spaces but apparently there aren't enough things that bother me. I don't want to include anything that is strongly tied to another space and don't want to include anything that is in every isekai.

so uh, yeah. isekai thread?

How about "shit art" and "low pagecount monthly release"?

Four chapters are out and still only the first chapters translated.

Four chapters out and no translations!

Hopefully soon.

There's something so off-putting about those eyes. Are they all mind-fucked or what?

They're all cock-hungry for dull and bland isekai protagonist, so in a way yes.

Princess best girl by far.

it's the lack of a distinct iris

>knew about isekai for a long time but never knew the word for it
>realize the book i'm currently writing is an isekai

Hm, interdasting. Mine has lesbianism.

Isekai is a common fiction setup, there's nothing wrong with it per se, it's just that there's a current fad of it that's causing a flood of mediocre garbage or worse.

Art style.

Exterminator is pretty alright so far. MC is chill as hell and kind of funny, too.

I understand and agree even though i'm a sucker for it.

Though my story doesn't stick to a ton of the tropes and stereotypes to a 'T'. It's like Frank Frazetta and He-Man fucked an 80's toy commercial and the MC is basically if He-Man was Tomoko Kuroki with less autism. With lesbianism.

It's probably going to be better than it sounds.

Good luck with your writing, user.

Thanks user. Here's to bringing back fun pulp adventure in the west.

>implying

Screams of muh realism can be heard everyone, boyo.

I know, it's an uphill battle. I don't know why people can't appreciate camp and cheese.

Ainz-sama?

>147cm tall 14 year old boy works at a construction job for a few days and turns into this

How about "able to use every type of magic"?

don't bother, there are tons of those bingos done, someone even posted one on 2ch and brought back results

>it's a world that resemble medieval europe
>church is the bad guy (may be)
>MC refused to have sex just because??????

>Imposing Earth culture onto the other world
>Slavery is bad m'kay

-Already covered by low technology setting. Could put something in regarding lack of different cultures.
-Maybe could change political antagonists to political/religious antagonists.
-A lot of things are shitty while going in the opposite direction. Maybe one space to cover both "unrealistic attitude towards sex".
-Covered by "Superior Nippon culture", kinda.
-Covered by political antagonists.

>Black hair and black eyes are considered a rare/cursed trait
>MC perfectly remembers how to reproduce modern technology
>Katanas are a legendary weapon
>MC can steal/copy skills
>Dungeons spawn naturally and cities are built around them
>Adventurer Ranks and Ranked Quests
>1 gold coin is worth 10 million yen
>MC is great at haggling prices
>Slave dealers are good people
>Nobles are evil rapists unless they are MC's family/friends
>Merchant Guild
>Adventurer Guild
>MC's party/harem is ultra-diverse
These are the ones I can remember right now, you can probably mix some of them into a single item.

you can take any you want from this one i made some time ago.

>instantly improves their farming techniques or something with basic elementary school bullshit

Many points sound very fun, I think I should go read more isekais.

>i picked all the things that pissed me off in isekai.
>Many points sound very fun

Come on nigga, how "bought harem of kemonomimi/elf/princess slave girls" is not fun? I'm getting excited just thinking about it. Slave driver MC holy shit.
"MC is a paragon of virtue" sounds overdone and boring though for example.

>"bought harem of kemonomimi/elf/princess slave girls" is not fun?
have you read death march yet?

Isekai MC always buy slaves only to immediately free them. Of course, they stick around him and act as his slaves anyway because he is nice or something and they have nowhere to go.
Even when MC keeps the slaves as slaves he just treats them as regular girls and never involves himself with the slave trade aside from when he buys even more slaves.

Why does MCs who are stuck as an antagonist of a video game are the best MCs?

>Akuyaku Reijo Ni Koi Wo Shite MC was a manwhore
>My Death Flags Show No Sign of Ending MC meanwhile is a kuudere

I don't want to include anything that isn't general enough.
>>Black hair and black eyes are considered a rare/cursed trait
Not general enough.
>>MC perfectly remembers how to reproduce modern technology
Already part of "low technology setting", but I could bundle it with the above and add "Ordinary qualities of MC make them stand out."
>>Katanas are a legendary weapon
Superior Nippon culture.
>>MC can steal/copy skills
I guess I'll add "MC can use all magic/techniques" and let this be part of that.
>>Dungeons spawn naturally and cities are built around them
Is that actually a thing? Is it only in MMO based isekai?
>>Merchant Guild
>>Adventurer Guild
>>Adventurer Ranks and Ranked Quests
Covered by "Adventurer as a job."
>>MC is great at haggling prices
>>Slave dealers are good people
gold coin is worth 10 million yen
Too small of a detail.
>>Nobles are evil rapists unless they are MC's family/friends
Political antagonists.
>>MC's party/harem is ultra-diverse
I think I'll add "MC becomes inexplicably charismatic" to cover everything regarding acquiring girls and allies in ridiculous ways.

There is a lot of redundancy in that.

>There is a lot of redundancy in that.
yep, that's why i don't post it much, since i couldn't really think of many unique points. but if you see anything worthwhile in it, you should take it.

No, I haven't read any isekais at all in fact.

Oh.

>Already part of "low technology setting", but I could bundle it with the above and add "Ordinary qualities of MC make them stand out."
But it's not about the setting being low technology or the MC using basic knowledge, it's about shit like MC being able to rememebr how to build a steam engine from scratch and do it even though he is just a highschooler.
>Is that actually a thing? Is it only in MMO based isekai?
Dungeon/Labyrinths being naturally spawning places where the adventurers go to explore is a pretty common thing in isekai and 90% of times there is a town either above, next or close to the dungeon.

>I haven't read any isekais at all in fact.
nigga what are you doing here, leave while you still can.

Then I'll include it under "Improbable application of previous world knowledge". That also covers things that are semi common.

I want to say that's covered under "video game mechanics" but I think I might need to make it a bit higher reaching. Is there a significant amount of isekai that do that WITHOUT having blatant game mechanics in them?

i was gonna say to add "crop rotation" but that gets covered on "improbable application of previous world knowledge"

No, I think dungeons/labyrinths and RPG mechanics always go together.

Please ignore that bottom scamfox text.

>steam engine
>difficult to build
come on nigga are you from a non stem major? that's pretty much basic knowledge that even a middle school kid knows

In which fucking country that's basic knowledge?
And we are talking about something so basic that you average isekai MC can remember it perfectly even though people usually forget 90% of what they learn in middle school/high school unless it has something to do with their carreer or their interests.

>basic knowledge that even a middle school kid knows
im a JC and i don't know this.

Worst girl.

Gobumi is cute

you can break "RPG setting" into dozens of different sub tropes that are individually sometimes included depending on the author's level of autism.

understanding the design is not the same as knowing how to build it

Add Crop rotation

that's the beauty of projects, figuring out how to build something with the little money and materials you have at hand.
its as simple as this
>youtube.com/watch?v=-yBAY8kLjKY
>youtube.com/watch?v=L3XAFSMdVWU

And you think a middle schooler would be able to remember all of this and do it in a world where they can't just to to some store and buy all the materials they need?

I might add "MC hides things about themselves for dubious reasons" but it feels kind of weak.

What are all the reasons given for the MC doing this in the WN/LN where it shows up? I imagine it happens a lot in chink novels just so the MC can completely humiliate/kill innocent people.

Nip MCs hide their true powerlevel so they avoid trouble and can do whatever the fuck they want to do in peace.

"hides powerlevel because it would be "troublesome" "

If that's the only reason, then I don't want to include it because that's covered under "plot has no real direction".

You only need 3 things
>a palette for the turbine
>a fucking wheel
>a cylinder
>a two partpiston
if the middle schooler cant remember such simple device he is worse than retarded.
Are you from burgerland by any chance thats the only place such simple thing would be considered difficult

dude, I agree with you in principle, but getting materials strong enough to make a useful engine is going to be the hardest part. unless you also know how to blacksmith don't how likely you are to finding a replacement for a steel cylinder in the middle ages.

You are not taking into account that you need to make those materials from scratch too, which requires knowledge of a bunch of other shit.
And I don believe a middle schooler wouldn't remember such a simple device unless he was really into said projects.
I will probably forget everything shown in that video too in a few days because it's not something that catches my interest and thus my mind sees no reason to bother remembering it.
Or maybe I'm a retard and everyone else can perfectly recall everything they learnt in middle school, because I can barely recall the shit I cared about, much less science or math stuff which I always hated.

okay, fuck cheat skills. You're isekaid and get the full knowledge of any two master degrees downloaded into your brain.
Which two degrees would be the most useful to you?
to make it a little more interesting, the new world has the exact same geology as Earth

cant you just ask a blacksmit to make the metal parts? and the cylinder can be made in two parts with a mold. though you are right the hard part would be all the time and effort put into it, but nothing of worth is easy.

i personally love science and math and i am a STEM major , maybe you dont remember such things beacuse you dont like them.

Logistics and Human Resources. I would use them to become an isekai mob boss.

Learn everything related to finance and economics and introduce to the innocent world the twisted arts of the Jew and strike it rich.

>human resources
>useful at anything
implying human resources is not a waste of space and money in every company.

Most of the time it's because then they have to cross the common sense barrier. Then you can't have the harem being shocked when the MC pulls out his dick, which is a big part of these stories. You're really just waiting for the MC to pull out their dick/vag and show off that they can actually handle whatever gets thrown at them. Most conflict is lowball on purpose to build up the reader's belief that the MC is powerful and that there won't be any real conflict.
Which is why you have the opposite Isekais where everything is suffering and a half, there's tons of sex and murderhoboing right away, and every moral taboo gets shattered.
Then the MC randomly makes up lines he won't cross while being evil as shit. I've rarely heard anyone complain about evil/selfish MCs unless it's a chinese/korean novel because it's out of the ordinary to do anything decent at all and not be surrounded by a thousand ultra kill worthy assholes.
In japanese isekai with a selfish MC, usually the villains are some country/organization trying to support itself and the MC is basically getting away with murderapegenocideslaveryemotional blackmail because he's MC and someone did something bad to him once so now he has the asshole ticket forever.
Kaifuku Jutsushi is this. I love it.

Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, I was going to pick MBA but EE seems infinitely more valuable.

there is going to be a king in isekai land tho and like the jews on earth you are going to get BTFO for thousands of years if you try to pull that shit

t. loser who got fired because he was underperforming

Predictable trash, I thought it was interesting but *boom* he loved that elf girl. It turns out just another boring love story.
Why do he like that boring village girl too much? Just looking at her and how bland the MC makes me dropPed

Why most isekai is so boring and somehow manage to find it ways back to generic shit, I read isekai because I want isekai.

There are miracles like Konosuba, blob.or slime, spider girl, black company, overlord, tate hero, etc after all.

>electrical engineering
>valuable at all in a world that doesn't even have a concept of industrialization, much less electricity
What, you're going to singlehandedly take the world through several eras of technological advancement just so your one degree can end up useful in the end?

think you mean MBA and psychology
also you don't have to pick from image

metal was expensive and had shit quality back then and so was craftsmanship, you'd also be getting defective parts without fail. and you don't get to hire a decent blacksmith, those are all busy working for the local lord who milks everyone under them as hard as they can, and you don't even have the money to begin with
when you do manage to build an engine it will just be claimed by the local lord who will now be either your enemy or your owner because there's no way a shady foreigner is getting any recognition
look I love tinkering as much as the next STEM fag but that just wouldn't work for a number of reasons

Mechatronics engineering
Because we are jack of all trades
Data engineering, programming, electrical, mechanical, robotics, communications tech and more and somehow have to optimize price with an accetable result

yes user, rich fags feel like giving their money to useless people just because

Most of them explain it in a reasonable manner when it's bothered to be explained at all
If you show shocking abilities you might attract attention from greedy bastards who want to know how you got those abilities, and some of them might be stronger than you.
And what are you going to tell them? "I come from another world and god gave me these powers"? They'll pick you apart like a government spook picking apart an alien trying to figure it out.

So you stay low key, btfo of chumps if it's not going to get too much attention. It's like in real life if you suddenly got superpowers. Sure you -could- go wild with your powers but what if the government is stronger? What if there are other people with bigger powers who don't like what you're doing? It's a huge risk to assume you're the biggest fish in the pond. Why would you risk ruining a good thing just to show off?

>Why would you risk ruining a good thing just to show off?
ego
No isekai MC gets away with their fucking bullshit for long. It's a rule in these stories. Someone always finds out and gets upset how much cheating these bastards are doing, eventually.

you greatly underestimate how shit isekai writing is

Except in isekai bad things never happen to the MC.
You attract the attention of the government? It happens to be the one benevolent king in a world of jackass dictators who becomes your benefactor in exchange for you performing public services to better the lives of his citizens once in a while.
You attract the attention of some incredibly strong being who's interested in your unusual powers? It's actually a loli-baba elf/vampire who takes you under her wing to hone your powers even further and probably join your harem eventually.
Hell, you attract the attention of the fucking demon lord himself and he turns out to be several leagues above your weight class? If he's evil he'll find you "an interesting existence" and spare you so you can get stronger or he might actually turn out to be a swell guy who dindu nuffin' and it's actually the humans who are the real bastards.

Have you read a lot of isekai?
There arent many good isekai that have unfortunate MC like Tanya (), but there are.

>t happens to be the one benevolent king in a world of jackass dictators who becomes your benefactor in exchange for you performing public services to better the lives of his citizens once in a while
You forgot that he has a daughter who wants to suck your dick.
>Hell, you attract the attention of the fucking demon lord himself and he turns out to be several leagues above your weight class? If he's evil he'll find you "an interesting existence" and spare you so you can get stronger or he might actually turn out to be a swell guy who dindu nuffin' and it's actually the humans who are the real bastards
You got the gender of the demon lord wrong. If they're sympathetic they're invariably female and want to suck the MC's dick.
The rest seems accurate enough.

Or you attract the attention of Hitogami who pretends to be your mikata while secretly proceeds to fuck you in the ass.

For those who read the shieldbro WN, are you planning to read the LN at some point? if not, why?
Also whoever caught up with the current LN releases, what do you think about the story so far?

I'm still laffin at the mystic eyes of nice guy perception

Usually the MCs that are most insistent on hiding their true abilities are the ones who star in isekai settings that revolve around stroking their egos the most. More often it's treated as a source of comedy rather than anything actually serious.

The MCs who end up with the short end of the stick and end up in crapsack worlds that shit on them at every turn usually don't have the luxury to hide whatever abilities they have. Tanya herself displays the full might of her magical ability with glee.

Is it being translated by someone? And by "someone" I mean "someone who won't ask me for money to read his translation".

official english releases by One Peace Books. they're a few steps up from fan TLs.

She had a lovely voice in the anime so all was forgiven. That super naivete felt just right for the scene too. The MC freaking out was the right kind of upset, instead of this upset where the MC acts like someone wanting him is insane in that situation the girl clearly is insane but the whole room can't give a fuck about his poor common sense.

at the bottom of my backlog, reasons being there were no translations past vol 2 when I did want to read it, manga is already coming out, lots of bad points on the WN clashing with the over time change of standards and, well, the rest of the backlog

There's currently 9 volumes published, maybe more when you finish your backlog.

how far is that compared to the WN?
or rather, how hard did it deviate from it