Houseki no Kuni

So Phos is officially batshit crazy now, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/48g4n
twitter.com/houseki_anime/status/939743814444498944
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What the fuck did they do to phos? Why does she looks like a fag now?

they put her characterization on ice

Ponosphophyllite

Just some PTSD, give her 3 or 4 punches to the face and shell get better.

streamable.com/48g4n

I didn't realize her voice could sound like that. My dick

We Jurassic park now?

Phos is a dumb asshole

I can't help but think it was a direct homage. It would be a strange reference but it was too similar.

Ayane Sakura as bort is also a treat in vocal range for her. Interesting castings.

Probably. It had the flower pot vibrating to shiro's footsteps too.

if i pray for everyone in this thread, will threads disappear or will more still come
just curious asking for a friend

If you stop praying, the threads come down from the sky to kidnap your family members and grind them into dust

Nice clipping.

I'm kind of bummed out they cut out this line, but it's understandable. They might have been wanting to play safe or didn't want to break the immersion by having animeonlies ask who the fuck Ghost is.
Though I just realized Ghost actually went on patrol even without a partner, huh. I don't think Cairn counts.

Start enjoying CG enough and eventually you'll acquire a fetish for clipping. A whole new world opens up after that.

This is probably the best picture I've ever seen in my entire lifespan.

I think he was just out in that special case because of the naptime shift. Neither Euclase, Jade, Red Beryl or Obsidian were in the building either and those are supposed to be the gems that dont leave the building at all.

As for partner, who knows. For all we know Heliodor used to do pretty well on his own before he went to Cinnabars suicide place.

nice lunarian fanart we need more of these

So based on next episode's PV with Phos standing outside with the butterflies, it'll most likely end with the Pad's introduction in the box.

So 3 1/3 chapters.

>now
Just wait.

Bluzo's character type was just way too good to be mooned before the story started. RIP in pieces.

That open shirt makes me think he was a cool rebel.

Just picked this one up and loving it. I hear there's plenty of source material left, have sales done well enough to get S2?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Anime will end on ch29, over 60 chapters and going out, so enough material for a s2.

BD sales are just below 5k right now but they're in the preorder stage, so will definitely go up. First BD will be here in a little under 2 weeks. I would say there is a moderate chance at a S2.

I think yes.

The good part of feeling attracted to Bluzo is that is gay buy I can pretend is not gay at all.

>the action this episode
Good god. This felt like Shadow of Collossus with 300% more acrobatics.
The show would look so much worse if it was 2d.

There was more of old phos this episode so I'm happy

It is hard to look worse than RWBY tier action.

>didn't want to break the immersion by having animeonlies ask who the fuck Ghost is.
It would have broken the immersion even for manga readers, who would have started thinking about Ghost instead of keeping every bit of their attention in the scene at hand.

twitter.com/houseki_anime/status/939743814444498944

I prefer the 2D PV honestly.

Poor Peridot. Sphene is cute but has nothing on Bluzo.

quick i need the cutest images of Dia you got

Bort's feet post full-speed run back to the school made me feel things I never knew I could feel.

Phos looks so cool!

Phos is a dork who put gloves on knowing they'd come off the instant she actually needed to use the gold.

>animated lapis never
It's not fair brothers

Red Beryl pushed the idea on her. Phos tried to tell her but... you know.

Bort the coolest!

>Now... The gloves comes off

>didn't want to break the immersion by having animeonlies ask who the fuck Ghost is
That's the exact same thing manga readers asked themselves since Ghost was never mentioned before that moment, and it's actually a good way to introduce someone who will be a crucial character later on.
Curiously enough, Ghost was even shown in the anime at the very start of it.

S2 can't not feature her in Phos' dream, so we'll get animated Lapis

we SotC now

Where will this season end?
Will Phos get head before it's over?

>S2
nice joke

Is this new sort of trolling or what? It's 20 chapters from here, stop asking, retards.

Bort a cutest!!

>I can't see shit

Other anime series got S2 with 5K BD sales, HnK BD preorders are just a bit under 5K(and were only a bit above 4K a couple days ago).
The anime is having a decent and increasing success, manga sales have been steadily increasing too, it's pretty clear that Orange has prepared for the eventuality, and there is no doubt there will be demand for it.
Not to mention it'll be easier to produce since they already have almost all the assets they need for it and the experience in how to animate it.
S2 actually has a fairly high chance of happening as of now.

Bort a cute, Dia a cutest

I saw someone question if she could even see Bort's pained expression like that.

Dia could probably feel it.
They're diamond soulmates.

I'd agree if sequels actually had anything to do with logic

Eh took off the thigh.

No anime series has consistently impressed me as much since Rakugo S1 (sorry S2 was disappointing) or maybe even Ping Pong. An almost perfect amalgamation of excellent storyboards and direction, emotionally concise layouts, captivating crystalline aesthetic, searingly human psychological observations, naturalistic humour, low-key worldbuilding, understated character drama and stylistic and bombastic spectacle. I don't understand how this show hasn't blown up in popularity in the West.

Did you see my awesome fight?

The sales don't convince me but you are right about the assets they created. With rigs the longer a show goes the cheaper it costs.

the western audience isn't necessarily a bastion of good taste

I would agree but the virtue signaling sjw that run rampant in the west would latch on to the gender aspect and completely ignore anything else it has to offer.

3DCG animation.

>The sales don't convince me
Why not?
Also, I forgot to mention that HnK is not One Punch Man.
As in, OPM S1 ended in a way that it could easily be left at that, it closed an arc that had nothing more to say, even if the serie as a whole goes on.
On the contrary, where HnK S1 seems to be going for its end, while also being the end of an arc, it clearly begs for continuation, it openly shows that there is more to come.
What this means is that, as I said in my previous post, Orange is certainly ready to produce S2 if they'll be able to, and sure are intended to.

>Dia called Bort "otouto"
So they are male, huh.

Not exactly. They've been referring to themselves and each other with masculine pronouns since the first episode though.

CG sucks shit tho. Just look at Apocrypha 22, 2D greatness will never be matched.

> I don't understand how this show hasn't blown up in popularity in the West.
That's a good thing, don't worry.
Rakugo and Ping Pong weren't either.

>webgen
What's the appeal of repetitive explosions and cube shaped debris again?

The musical score for this show is fabulous.

This. I actually glad it isn't popular in west, it would be ruined here anyway.

I really like the track that always plays when the Lunarians appear.

No.
They're most likely just repeating what Sensei taught them, they have no sense of gender at all, so even when using gendered pronouns or honorifics, they have no idea they're gendered.
Also, brother(and all the derivate pronouns and honorifics) has a more stronger emotional sense of family, union, and comradeship than any other familiar bond, which explains why Sensei might have taught them these instead of(or in preference of) other pronouns.

I'm loving the obvious Buddhist influence in the music.

>Also, brother(and all the derivate pronouns and honorifics) has a more stronger emotional sense of family, union, and comradeship than any other familiar bond
This.
It's "brotherhood", not "sisterhood".

Honestly the gold arms don't look great. I wish they were slightly less reflective.

You will be hard pressed to find anyone on Sup Forums who will argue against 2D. However saying CG sucks no matter what is a disservice to the great job Orange has done here. If you don't like the CG, fine, but I think it's ignorant to write it off completely.

stop

Agreed. Looks kinda cheap.

To be fair, they are made of gold. It's a very shiny metal. If they were bronze or some other shitty metal then they would look fine.

>jelly minerals detected

>implying that's good
The animation looked nice, but nothing actually interesting was happening there. It's just build-up to two guys shooting beams at each other.

Totally agreed. Between doing voice work for someone like say, Ochako and then for Bort here, her range is impressive.

Please go back to circlejerking on sakugabooru, anitwitter cancer.

Gold is fairly dull unburnished. Its a gold-platinum alloy, which would be shinier, but still.

I always find the arms kind of jarring. Its too real looking while the rest of the 3dcg does a very good job of pretending to be 2d.

In this shot its fine, because her body and the arms have about the same reflectivity.

I disagree.

what happened to the platinum? they mentioned gold and platinum but its all gold.

I agree on the arm looking almost out of context in comparison to the rest, but on them looking too real.
If anything, they look more unrealistic cause while using almost real-like reflection surface/texture, they lack all the details they'd need to look realistic.
Problem is if they were to remove this "out of context" shiny effect to try and make them look more like the rest of their bodies, they'd look like they're not gold-platinum at all, but just....yellow/gold colored.
And they can't even use similar effects they used on their hair cause those have transparency lighting.
On top of this, we'd have to consider the way they're animated...they'd look to goo-ish if they lacked what they do have now.

It's gold-platinum alloy, it looks exactly like that, gold colored but shinier than regular gold.

Is this show selling well? I really, really hope it is.

every time i see the arms i think of cast gold iron teeth/crowns