2000-2009 era anime was the best.Prove me wrong

2000-2009 era anime was the best.Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xSUN0SxwPo4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

K-On S2 came out in 2010.

K-On S2 is good but not as good as S1.

It's true

Also post is'nt about K-On.Its about general anime trends.Now all we have is isekai harems,battle harems(The school harems of 2000-2009 era were atleast comfy.These are just pure power fantasy for teens.) and moe shit(Of the bad kind different from K-On and Azumanga Daioh)
Then there are other classics like Code Geass,Death Note,etc... and Sup Forums was'nt filled with normalfags

I hope Code Geass Super won't ruin it

2009 doesn't feel that old.

No it's better

Seriously I think you are the only one who thinks this. Not hating, just saying.

say that to my hard subbed [gg] .avi files of Code Geass and Canaan

yeah

It had some underrated masterpieces.

LOVE LIVE

It has Kancer-On in it. So, you're definitely wrong.

mid 90s to mid 00s were the best time
prove me wrong

It was a fun time.

I get nostalgic thinking of all the OPs and EDs.

youtu.be/xSUN0SxwPo4

S1 >>> S2 = Movie

My Basketball-American

>2000-2009 era anime is now a thing

Trigun, Outlaw Star, Angel Links, Cowboy Bebop, and hundreds of other anime from the 80s and 90s exist.

2000-2006ish is the dead period of anime

>100s of other anime
You mean irrelevant shit?
No

But that's when Naruto came out

The best one of all

I only started watching animes in 2014, majority of the old stuff is visually garbage and unbearable to watch so I can't really argue about something I never watched

2004 was the GOAT year of anime

>pic related

Describe Mugi's personality.

Slut

I genuinely do not understand this opinion

I don't know if I want to be with Mio or be Mio

>anime from when I was a teenager is better than it is for teenagers today

Yeah I hear this shit every 5 years.

I miss 2002

But I was a teen during the 10s,not 00s and I never started watching anime other than the mainstream stuff during the 00s

Ping Pong

>S1 spends 6 episodes to advance in-universe a year
>S2 dragged 26 episodes for a year and a movie

2006-2007 were wonderful years.

That's an argument in favor of the second season--it properly captured the pacing of daily life, allowed for far more characterization, and had a stronger "healing" effect for it. It also added much more original content, including totally original episodes, that were generally superior to the adapted manga material. Beyond that, its animation and art were vastly superior, as was the visual direction (thanks to Yamada having more freedom).

K-On! is a great adaptation of a passable manga. K-On!! is practically an original anime, and indeed the greatest television anime series this side of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

>early digital shows will never be high resolution

maybe someday there will be really good tracing software that deals with the line art and coloring but the backgrounds will still need to be repainted. Maybe some of the popular shows will get this treatment but so many will be forever 480p.

2007 alone is the greatest year anime and otaku culture in general has ever seen

you're wrong

No. You're just getting older and placing a higher value on your nostalgia because you've lost that sense of wonder and become jaded.

Angel Links isn't the stronges argument in the 90s's favour. I am one of the few people who prefer it over Oulaw Star, but the consensus is clear, it's considered to be a bad anime.
True though a lot of great anime in the 90s. More than I'll ever be able to finish.

Early 2000s was a great time for anime. The artistic aspirations of the 90s, combined with lower production costs, means that A LOT of ambitious anime were produced during that time

It's not any different than today, it was just new to you and still magical. People who think the actual anime was any better back then are just nostalgic, the only thing better back then was the scene. Everyone and their mother belonged to an Sup Forums spin-off or anime forum and people who genuinely loved it were the majority.

>animation and art were vastly superior
No, wtf. Yui's hair was cuter with strands.

1995-cca 2005
best period

after 2005 anime went on a path of being obnoxiously overfilled with self-inserts, teen angst, shut-in pandering, otaku "culture" and minimal creativity (sometimes it works out, more often it does not).

If Cowboy Bebob was made now, Spike would be 16, Jet would be awkward 20-something watching anime all day, Ed would be gothic loli (male) and Fey would have obligatory anti-gravity cowtits (that she's embarrassed about).
Naturaly, there would be a beach episode.

I think the 80s actually was the best in terms of consistent quality
most shows were at least watchable

Nah, there was a lot more creativity in concepts and direction back then. Early 10s showed some signs but fizzled away into mediocrity/oversaturation of the same shit.

change it to 1995-2009 and you're mostly right

This.

Early 2000s looked like balls since digital had only just started being a thing
Not to mention the weird techno sort of music they'd all use for their OPs

2009 was 8 years ago

>Error: variable value not set before reading it.

she likes big black ghetto men

I dunno actually man 2010-13 still had some really good anime that wasnt buried below 20 other mediocre shows and hell even 2014-2015 had some bangers
I guess its just that most are usually buried under a pile of unwatchable garbage and the further we go into the 2010's the more garbage its buried under

i thought all of the graduation drama dragged it down

I dunno actually man 2010-13 still had some really good anime that wasnt buried below 20 other mediocre shows and hell even 2014-2015 had some bangers
I guess its just that most are usually buried under a pile of unwatchable garbage and the further we go into the 2010's the harder it is to unearth the good shit

This clearly comes from someone who hasn't watched the majority of shit churned out during that time period.

>it's another "let me ignore the shit shows from that era with my rose-tinted glasses" thread

Back then, wasn't the mid 90's the low years for anime in terms of money making and budget if I remember right?

As opposed to now, where anime design is down to a formula on how to maximize profits, maybe back then since they were already in the dumps with not much hope in sight, they just produced what appealed to themselves and people like them more than looking to sell well to literally any demographic.

Early 2000 sucked.
That primitive computer coloring looked like absolute shit.

I think not faggot

2016-2017 has been the best era in anime ever.

This is the only point people are ever able to make. But it's easy to get used to the blurry pictures, and low resolution doesn't automatically make an anime bad. By that logic every anime from the 90s was terrible and unwatchable until the films were rescanned in the 10s.

2016 was possibly the worst year in anime ever and 2017 isn't much better

Madoka was 2011, baka.

I sort of agree but 2017 has had some good shows
2018 looks like its gonna be something special though

Isn't moe dead? I don't keep up with stuff I don't like anymore but K-ON was the posterchild for it. And then shit like Non Non Biyori.

Surely today is the day of Isekai.

Yes, that's actually a great argument for the mid 2000s being the worst.

That huge head and tiny hands in that picture remind me of the hunchback of notre dame or some weird malformed creature

They both suck dick

>my self insert fantasy is better!

>hard subbed [gg] .avi files of Code Geass
Are they still available?

Each season in 2016 had 1-2 great anime and this year had numerous. Im just happy about how things went.

But I can go back and watch an 80's anime I've never seen (so no nostalgia) and enjoy it more than most new stuff.

You tried a bit too hard, but I'll give you a pity reply.

A few shows have actually good 1440x1080p encodes, like CCS.

You are wrong.

Like what? I’d rather have trash together with god-tier shit like the 00s than some slightly bad and some slightly above average like these days.

You're both fucking retards.

This is some retarded cherrypicking

Just because was fucking great

New Mai Hime series when?

how old were you from 2000-2009?

Why are nostlagia and muh shading/resolution the only arguments people have against the 00s?

I remember growing up with 2000's anime. I liked anime back then alright, but there was always something off with the style that didn't quite capture me as much as I wanted. I disliked the dull grey/brown color palettes that were so common back then, as well as the low-detail potato character designs. Then the 10's came around and it's like the character designs and artstyles grew into my taste or something, they're so much more attractive for the most part.

I agree, season 2 had too much Azusa and the graduation drama felt forced

I’ll be honest and say I detest most of the characters design in the 10s and think they’re much less attractive. I’ll take duller colour pallettes any day over that. Although I’m not sure what you mean, since as the 00s went on, it got really colourful.

i agree.

If x = wrong
And you = x

You = wrong.

Proved.

Because there's nothing inherently wrong with the era, but it's foolish to think that any era is superior to the other.

2017 has had some gems actually.
2016 was meh.

But they keep talking about how it was "a dark time for anime" and that anime back then was terrible and so on

It is, how is that relevant?

In terms of writing you’re right but in terms of how varied and creative it was in its art and ideas, I personally believe it’s notable enough.

Going back and watching Elfen Lied, it was straight garbage and I'm not sure how I ever thought it was good.

Self insert faggotry is shit but what I meant was they were at least comfy. No forced edginess, drama wasn't overdone and females were at least likeable (Tsunderes were proper tsunderes instead of being a shana clone)

2003-2009 was the absolute nadir of anime. The 90's were the best. There were so many great anime:

>Evangelion
>Sailor Moon
>Cowboy Bebop
>Escaflowne
>Utena
>Oniisama E
>Rurouni Kenshin
>Lain
>Jin Roh
>Black Jack
>Gunsmith Cats
>Card Captor Sakura

The list goes on.

>Escaflowne

If they're so great why haven't I watched any of those past 3 first episodes?
Try a little harder.

OP here.I agree.

>I haven't watched Jin Roh past the first three episodes