Hunter x Hunter

I just finished Chimera Ant yesterday, and I'm probably not the first person to ever say this, but this arc is fucking great. The thing that most struck me is how the entire arc felt like one long work of literature, like a 19th century baroque novel or a Shakespearean tragedy. It's rife with symbolism, irony, themes, and felt appropriately mature and tonally rich. Some of the passages spoken by the narrator were so beautiful and memorable (e.g. the humans in the sky line), and the narration served to create the feeling that I was reading some intricate tapestry of prose. I loved how tragic and anticlimactic the death of Meruem was, because it was richly meaningful in tandem with the themes presented by the arc; and it's because of this that I speak of him in the same way I do as Macbeth, or Oedipus, or John Milton's Lucifer. Some scenes, like the match-cut of the boots stomping on the insects between the Rose bomb used on human cities spoke to me on a visceral level.

Yeah whatever fag.
Who's better? Chrollo or Hisoka?

There is no right answer user.

Remember more than a decade ago when Sup Forums unanimously considered the Chimera Ant arc to be garbage and way too long?

Netero was right, humans will never be trampled on because we're the most ruthless and fucked up creatures out there

Correct.
So yeah, CA is a pretty good arc. I would argue that the election arc is also a part of CA, enjoy it while you can because everything after that point is really stale.

Machi is cute!

Yeah, I like hunter x hunter, too. I would personally compare the way it is obviously a work derived from other works differently, but that's just IMHO and YMMV. Et cetera.

I would say most works of literature that contain obvious derivations on preexisting works, and my brain only has the ready example of how One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest felt to me like a straight ripoff from Moby Dick, most everything like that, "the original is better than the copy." HxH feels like the opposite. Like he took dragonball z and the functioning mind of an adult male with his own offspring and family unit, and distilled the Rolls Royce Merlin engine from some shitty modern Chinese Cessna rip offs and a couple lawn mowers Mazda built in the 90s with Wankel engines.

I would call HxH the modern masterpiece of the "forensics" of shonen writing; with all its callbacks and shout outs to everything toriyama did in DB and DQ. It was like, is like, the only reason jump still pays him is to put on a soccer clinic for the younger mangakas to learn writing skills, from.

Also netero is my copilot when it comes to a lot of my own martial arts geekery.

I assume this is pasta

Nice copypasta.

The whole arc felt mythological as fuck.

8,0/10 it's ok

I can't even say who is less annoying.

Both thoughts are right. If you're watching it like a battle/action serie, chimera ants looks like a poor written arc where 45mn is spread on 40episodes.
If you want to watch it as OP did (written like a book, etc) Chimera ant is a good piece of work.

The thing is, HxH is a shonen, and people are disappointed because this arc could've been one of the best shonen arc ever written.

For me this is just choosing a point of view and sticking to it.

greed island >>>>>>>>>> chimera shit

(you)

Tone it down a notch OP. It does make for some good cynical humor though; that the greatest power the earth has ever witnessed, formed by great chance and with the nourishment of powerful warriors, is nothing really compared to even a mid grade dirty bomb.

>take a look at this guy
>(You)

Hold on there. Lets us take a deep breath and remember what the recency effect phenomenon is.

Spoken like a truly pretentious idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.

I thought it was more straight forward, less stupid, long paragraphs of things for me to skim through to get to the fight.

Bullshit, people only complained about the rampant hiatus’ and Gon’s transformation.

it was a masterpiece

Hisoka, it's not everyday that a faggot completely jobs and laughed about how they died.

fucking this. If the CA arc arc was completely underwhelming until the tail end of it and to claim that it the didn't drag it ass with boring plot threads and characters that mostly amounted to nothing is looked at the arc with rose tinted glass at best.

is there anywhere i can read the manga with updated art?
i had to drop it right after they got out the videogame cause the art turned into low effort sketches

check viz scans