The Death of Crunchyroll

>KyoAni begins to use NetFlix as media distribution partner
>slowly but sure, other studios will do this too
>CR will suffer slow death
>Daiz will win

Netflix is dead meat, billions of dollars in debt while their supply of licensed movies keeps dwindling and no one really sticking around for their original content.

Disney-fox will kill it.

>netflix kills crunchyroll
>NN repeal kills netflix and reddit
>hollywood is collapsing due to all their producers being locked up
The future is looking bright for anime.

This

Disney will eventually own Kyoani

Netflix is for the casuals and so far nothing they have is worth watching. CR is for people that want to see the new shit immediately and not wait months and be behind all the hype.

>implying your favorite torrent sites won't get strangled by NN repeal too
Very bright indeed.

>KyoAni waifus becomes Disney princess

this desu
american anons are so fucked

NN would honestly probably be a plus for society, and even if it would fuck us over it could stop western influence in anime.
If it happens maybe I'll finally go out and get a job

>what is blockchain

>implying US consumers don't vote with their wallets and pick a new ISP
>implying NN is not prohibiting new ISP's
>mfw competition is introduced into the market again

>and so far nothing they have is worth watching
Castlevania was pretty good.

No? Netflix funds these projects hence gets the exclusive right to stream them. They won't fund every single anime coming out each season.

>implying the ISPs will actually compete with each other and just not enter a cartel agreement
Enjoy your Somalia-tier internet.

>Netflix
>beating out a simulcast service
>ever
Now watch as it slowly begins to die from a lack of new third-party content.

If Netflix won’t simulcast then fansubs will inveriably return. This is a win.

>what is antitrust

not anime

I don't care for fansubs. Fansubbers are a bunch of attentionwhores who won't bother with old unsubbed anime.

>pick a new ISP
hahahahhahaha
oh man you actually believe this?
enjoy your corporate dicking my friend

>implying that's not what's in place right now due to NN

>what is antitrust
>what is Free Market
>what is Competition

If Netflix takes over the Western anime distribution circuit, then that would essentially encourage a rebirth of fansubs.

>what is a corrupt government full of career politicians bought and paid for by megacorps

>arguing over the internet
>me being this autistic to do it
>what is money
>what is vacation
>what is Six Figures

How is NN preventing competition of ISPs?

Pretty much. They have no reason not to simulcast, yet they keep their anime as hostages anyway.

>What was Standard Oil?

I use Netflix and Hulu. Any anime not on there I go to streaming sites.

>not buying seagate 10T Helium drives
>not having 40 T of internal data storage in raid 1
>not using Torrents

Too high barriers of entry into the market since potential ISPs need to petition the FCC for a common carrier license.
But I'm sure AT&T and Comcast are more than happy to "compete" with each other

>Netflix is dead meat, billions of dollars in debt while their supply of licensed movies keeps dwindling and no one really sticking around for their original content.

there is good debt and bad debt. Netflix debt is all good in the form of long term bonds (in essence it's "growth" debt, debt which doesn't really cost them much and was built to expand business and earn money). Bad debt is what AMD has. The type where you borrow to keep your lights on. It's high interest with a short turnover.

Almost every company had huge amounts of long term debt obligations "Bonds" like netflix has. Only someone financially retarded would consider this a sign of trouble for netflix.

>what is literally over one hundred years ago

>shitgate
Buy WD man

I'm in Australia so whatever throttled Netflix speeds you fantasize about that won't actually happen are stills strictly better than the trash we get here

>What is History?

2020 Prediction: Netflix becomes Crunchyroll 2.0 except they offer 4K.

This is because Disney/Fox/etc other media companies plan to leave Netflix.

Newsflash: kyoani only animates shit for like the last 9 years.

>But muh Helium

Also your government wants to ban everything

>what is love?

>Baby don't hurt me

>don't hurt me

>only one ISP in my area
>vote with my wallet and cancel my internet
>A-at least m-my children will have options, right?

>in essence it's "growth" debt, debt which doesn't really cost them much and was built to expand business and earn money

Not really, it was used to produce more original content and license stuff, so they can keep the "lights on".
Netflix financial situation is worse than the one of Sony, which says quite a lot.
Especially with original content "gowth debt" can be seen as more of a gambling fee, with money you don't have.

Refer to Its a double edge sword, Keep NN and you dont get shit, get rid of it and allow competition into the market but allow the current ISP's to fuck with their service.

If eliminating NN would allow for more competition, then the big ISPs pushing for it will never allow it. You sound incredibly native.

or naive*

One of the two.

This. 100%. If anything, repeal of NN will just allow different types of ISPs, more competition, lower prices, etc. Anyone supporting regulation is just parroting FB-tier garbage. A less regulated, more competitive market is always more beneficial for the consumer.

Thinking Google and Facebook are for NN when they push their agendas on you willingly or not.
>Native.
>Jimmys Rustled

Dear god can you faggots stop with your e-activism?
We are here on Sup Forums and not on /trash/.

here is your shit tier wifu.
get over it.

Have any proof of that? I don't believe you, and some basic internet research doesn't support your claim.

a 10 year bond is "growth debt" no matter how it's invested. They don't need to pay it back, it has a low interest rate, and in 10 years they can just issue a new bond to avoid paying back the principle.

Bonds are "good debt", they're never considered "keeping the lights on" if a company was ever in that situation and tried to issue a bond they'd be devalued and the bond would be a "junk bond", they're still AAA rated.

Something that doesn't work

Maybe I'm too old to know or care what that means anymore, but if you really do believe what you're saying, you're still childishly naive. Without getting too partisan, the people running the government will never do anything that will hurt their donors in any way. Making the rich richer and everyone else poorer is why a large majority of politicians go into politics to begin with.

>no more

Please tell me a sub group is already confirmed for this show.

>what is if you think the geopolitical climate in America 2017 is anything remotely similar to America early 19th century, when the progressive movement was peaking, you're literally retarded

Is Daiz even relevant anymore?

Thank you. I was waiting for that. Have a loli butt

>they're still AAA rated
As if that matters for shit. The large majority of investments/holdings which caused the financial crisis were rated AAA.

>20th century*

>rich richer
>poor poorer
>3.3% GDP growth
>Growing Middle Class
>288,000 Jobs created
>3.9% realistic GDP W/O hurricanes
we need more wifus in here

>288,000 jobs
>most of them underemployment

And almost all of it goes to the super rich

>underemployment
>Job market growth
>GDP growth
>Growing Middle class

Top 1% makes 250k+ either themselves or with join income
top 1% of the 1% are the super elite rich who have Hundreds of millions or Billions

And what do you think they do with that money? They pour a small amount of it back into the paid lackeys, aka US politicians, to pass bills, to make them richer.

I need to go to bed, but you really need to get a clue about politics. Those things have been true ever since the recession. Things in this country will not get better until people like you acknowledge how screwed up the system is.

Netflix is smart since its investing not in SEASONAL anime, but into creating Classics. Their intent is to fund shows that age well, still look great years after and are still relevant - so people joining netflix in X years can pick from catlogue of great classics that still trump everything aired in current japanese anime seasons.

>asenshi subs another great show

Basically this.

Netflix's anime choices basically boil down to either very run of the mill and large audience stuff like inu-yasha, naruto, etc. Flanked by well received seasonal stuff like fate, Sao, etc. Sprinkled with the critically acclaimed movie stuff like ghost in the shell.

I don't know how much they are paying but they are generally just weeding out the better series for purchase.

>Netflix invests into classics
No user, they invest into the fansubbing scene, and the Netflix translator are torture tier.

Can't wait for them to start culturally enriching anime, Netflix is like the second coming of 4kids.

Purchasing is just minor part of it. It funds at least 30 original anime shows.

>creating Classics
>create
>classic

but only time can tell

Netflix isn't even AAA rated, they have multiple junk bonds.

>watching kekkai sensen
>scene has flashing lights like gunshots
>scene suddenly gets darker
fucking CR

the last couple season previews made me seriously question if Crunchyroll is even trying to get any decent exclusives or if they just license whatever the big boys left behind in the hopes it turns into a sleeper hit

The animation is top, it's almost reality like.

Netflix: "we make fansub great again"

Look, I fucking hate CR as well, but Netflix is a few magnitudes worse than CR.
Especially their release schemata are garbage.

The 00s truly were a golden age of anime.
Too bad they had to end.

Fma brotherhood (which I'd say is decent) and Bleach (which isn't bad faggots can fuck off with their hate bandwagon) are the two biggest on netflix if I'm not mistaken.