What is Naoki Urasawa's best work? And why is it Billy Bat?

What is Naoki Urasawa's best work? And why is it Billy Bat?

The more I read his works, the less I like him.

Didn`t touch BB. Why do you like it?

I love how real life events are woven into the story and the story goes through different time periods from the 1st to 21st century without ever feeling aimless or disjointed. Also protagonists and antagonist are really well written.

Pluto for me.
Biggest problem with his works for me is how he extends far too much and introduces unnecessary elements that end up detracting rather than enriching the story, it completely ruined 20thCB for instance. Pluto keeps it short and concise. I've yet to read B though.

you guys just like this because the conspiracy theory shit

Monster or the 20-21th century boys are the best

>21th
I think this is the first time I`ve read someone defend 21st century boys. That was so unnecessary like the other Sup Forumsnon said.

BB was shit. It was waaay too fantastical. Urasawas work is better when 'realistic' like monster or 20thcb. Even Pluto being science fiction still felt grounded. All the interdimensional universe and timetravel shit in BB detracted from what good parts there where which was the interweaving of real life events.

>muh realism

Also 20th century isn't that realistic. Billy Bat is using the 'medium' Manga to it's full extent and that's what it makes it great

Because it's not, it's Pluto

>without ever feeling aimless or disjointed
It felt aimless to me from start to finish.
>bunch of people running around because a bat told them to
>the result is a guy writing a manga series
>that didn't require any running around to finish, he just had to sit down and draw
>a century of conspiracy didn't have anything to do with it

>tfw the Pluto Anime will probably be trash

that japanese BBEG NTR story is quite powerful

Quite literally billy bat is his worst work by far. It's completely batshit insane and makes no sense.

It's trash, kid.

Is Urasawa the Pynchon of Anime?

>without ever feeling aimless or disjointed.
what?
His work is really feel disjointed especially 20th century boys.

Is the anime for Monster a good adaptation?

yes in the sense that they adapted everything panel from panel
no in the sense that it wasn't as good because that doesn't translate well to screen in multiple ways and one should read the manga

cool soundtrack though

i am slowly

this new one is already shaping much better than this clusterfuck

Where do I find scans of the manga that aren't shit quality?

Pluto was more enjoyable and not dragged out.

AND SLOWLY

What's his new work?

Urusawa is against reading manga digitally so for now he won't allow digital copies of his work to be sold. You'll just have to wait and see if somebody will do it. There are decent scans of Master Keaton if that is of any consolation.

I liked Master Keaton best.

Billy Bat I did not like however. It lost itself in a dozen subplots that never culminated in anything, but just petered out. WHat seemed like build-up to something at first never went anywhere, and in hindsight seemed pointless.