Prove that intelligence can be measured

Prove that IQ tests are not bullshit. Prove that something as abstract as human intelligence can be measured. There are many different types of intelligence.
Can you prove that IQ tests actually measure anything.

Attached: mind.jpg (750x422, 138K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scientificamerican.com/article/kids-and-animals-who-fail-classic-mirror/
archive.is/EyZbY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is is about capacity more than raw intelligence so somebody can have high it and still be an ignoramous

scientificamerican.com/article/kids-and-animals-who-fail-classic-mirror/
tl;dr
>six year old kenyan kids are dumber than white newborns and magpies

Capacity for what, exactly?

It's simply measures pattern recognition, which is a requirement for learning anything. It's correlated strongly to many things including just general success in life. If you do any research at all, you will see that it is measuring something substantial.

Abstraction.

take this shit to /sci/ you clueless fuck

Umm, there are different kinds of IQ tests, some which bias mathematics, others language, yet others still spatial.

Not to mention all the the other non-IQ tests for cognitive ability.

T.154 IQ person.

Then how come that many people with high IQ fail in life?

Show a list of people who have won Nobel prizes in science category, started or runs multi billion dollar companies with IQ's less than 120. If you can't it shows that IQ AT LEAST measures some part of intelligence.

It can’t. But human stupidity can be measured.

Depends on what test, if it's a "circle the right answer" then convergent thinkers who regurgitated similar problems before will score high while divergent thinkers will struggle because their reasoning might not match what answers are given eventhough they understand the problem.

(((Jews))) invent a test that says (((jes))) are smarter than everyone else. The interesting thing is that we believe it

i think iq can only be measured by learning something and do a test..

sub-saharan nigs never discovered madagascar even though it was next to them for a billion years.
these nigs are still in the stone age and wait for lightning to start a fire:
archive.is/EyZbY
Even the most inbred Europeans outclass these natural nigs

You can't, goyim.

Those statistics are likely bullshit. Kinda how everyone "knows" Einstein and Stephen Hawking had 160 IQs, but this has never actually been proven

>This is what low IQ Anons ACTUALLY believe.

Attached: 70b71c239dd4e3785318a83fdd6c3f84ff5751e460d452460b4b22fc6e38abc0.jpg (2600x1976, 781K)

154 IQ? Then why are you here among losers and not outside making money?

Because statistically they don't as much. General intelligence or g which is what IQ measures is the best predictor of overall life success.

smart people dont need money

what is g factor

Are you retarded? He said that success in life is a parameter, how come that you have 0 in that part and still have high IQ.

High IQ nations have higher output in industry. Low IQ nations still are doing the Ooga Booga Imma Rape You My Daughter

Is there a test to check intelligence in situation never encountered before? like to adapt to the new? that would be actually interesting

High IQ correlates very strongly with actual objective contributions to society. Yes there are many high IQ people who end up not contributing, but that’s because IQ measures your potential and capacity for reason rather than your knowledge. There are also other important traits like conscientiousness and creativity in the case of novel contributions. But what is clear without a doubt is that people with low IQ overwhelmingly do NOT contribute as meaningfully to society. In the case of average IQs, well these are the people who uphold society, the normies if you will. With good character traits like conscientiousness, average IQ will allow you to be successful but you are highly unlikely to invent anything new or be very impactful. Low IQ at a certain point is strongly correlated with criminality and overall uselessness. The military literally does not even have a use for people with an IQ below 85. So it bears out in reality very strongly. The tests themselves are being revised even to this day, to always control for cultural bias and other such things.

Because high IQ isn’t a measure for success by and large. Which makes sense because western society doesn’t venerate intelligence, in fact often the opposite.

I come from a working class background. Got a place at uni to study medicine, worked several jobs in bars, snooker halls etc to save up.

Majority of people were angry at the fact I wanted to better myself instead of going on the dole, and felt threatened by cognitive ability.

In fact having an IQ above 125 is associated with bad times man (mental health problems and an inability to cope with the vast amounts of brainlets and bs in society).

If there’s only one thing that psychologists CAN do it’s measure IQ

You have a point user. All of our intelligence tests seem to be aimed at academia. I've been a builder most of my life and any time I work for these so called highly intelligent people they're actually quite retarded when it comes to my field. Thank God they can afford to pay people to build their homes. Their ideas would get people killed.

I actually know the answer to this. There was also a book written about it, I forgot the name just google High iq criminals.

It basically becomes a thing about diminishing returns, very high iq people struggle to relate to other people and communication starts to break down at around 20iq points, it severely degrades when the difference is larger than 30 and so on.

Being that the average is a 100 people with 140+ iqs are very isolated socially and emotionally. They are more likely to become anti-social and disregard societal rules and regulations etc and are not motivated by norms of other people to achieve success. At around 160+ your chances of being a criminal is around the same as low iq urban youths.

That’s knowledge not IQ. You can’t expect a physicist to suddenly understand structural engineering.

Because the way you personally measure success in life doesn't correlate to another person's capacity for abstract thought.
What a nonsensical question.

Find me some successful low IQ people who aren't random celebs.

>OP gets lower score than he expected on some bullshit internet IQ test
>FUCK THIS IQ IS A LOAD OF CRAP THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS GENERAL INTELLIGENCE FUCK SHIT FUCK

Attached: 1494262672976.png (1022x731, 643K)

>I have been a boxer my entire life can't believe surgeons think they are smart. Beat the shit out of one last night, didn't even known how to bob and weave. Absolutely retarded.

This is you.

They sure fucking try. I can't tell you how many arguments I've gotten into with these people because they're too intelligent for their own fucking good.

No it's not me. Because I'm intelligent enough to know I'm not a heart surgeon. I don't try to use my specialized skills to give him ideas on how to fix my heart.

>trees need light to live, you say?
>put tree in well-lit place
>give it no water
>tree dies
>checkmate photosynthetards
There are lots of ways to fail. To win at life you have to keep a lot of balls in the air at once, such as not getting addicted to cocaine, controlling your autism so you can play well with others, not drinking too much, not getting in trouble with the law, maintaining stable relationships to help keep you on the straight and narrow etc. You also need some luck, for example it's not much use being the next Elon Musk if you die from a rare cancer at 25.

Attached: 1519809733927.jpg (1024x597, 74K)

I have no rebuttal you have beaten me, a real life phd in biology and a honors degree in psych. It seems you often do this to my types?

If you can develop a better intelligence test then folks would be happy to use your test instead.

>Prove that intelligence can be measured
Lady's and gentlemen of the jury I present to you exhibit A

I rest my case

Attached: 1514528421202.jpg (480x480, 81K)

>OP gets lower score than he expected on some bullshit internet IQ test
Nope I got perfectly average 105 IQ. I just wanted to know what you think since you seem obsessed with IQ.

Niggers won't get it anyway.

High IQ is like a really powerful engine in a race car. You still need other pieces to win but a powerful motor is very helpful.
I have cousins with genius level IQ that have work at delivery companies and others that are engineers. Sometimes you do something with it other times you drink it away.

Iq is important to an extent.

Once a certain threshold is met it becomes less important.

>memory
>incitefullness
>creativity
>insanity
> obsession
>social skills
>abstraction
>work ethic

All become more important.

>Prove that intelligence can be measured
It's correlated with the state of the body, much like the mind itself.

Intellect is always measurable, if not able to be copied and transferred from mind to mind but that won't work without comprehension which comes less from external factors and more about the mechanical architecture of the body itself, e.g Brain size/weight/intricacy, hormones, injuries or lack of, pain or lack of, emotions or lack of.

If anything Wisdom can never be measured because it's created by the use of intellect and subsequently the choices and experiences.

In the end a retarded 70 iq mongrel subhuman might turn out to be more cunning than 170 IQ uberman in a given situation.

engineer in the making

There is no intrinsic devoid of a transubstantiation.

i don't need money anymore
i'm a different kind of whore

At the age of 14, I spent three weeks at a 'retreat' for gifted and talented students. Most of this consisted of "brain games" (thinly veiled pattern recognition and/or logarithmic progression tests) and "puzzle quests" (map decoding, code-breaking treasure hunts, non-linear, detective-style forensics, etc.). I had tested 3 standard deviations above the norm on all of the standard IQ tests (and on two, four above the norm) before this and I know my father was paid to send me off for this little summer excursion.

Being a working-class child proved no obstacle. There were several rather intelligent peers to interact with who had much greater exposure to more advanced traditional textbook and technological information. However, where I found a certain ease in both distilling information and transposing patterns onto my external environment, or recognizing items in symbols with analogs in real life, many of my peers shut down immediately during the more practical and, to me, fun activities. The only exception was a scout who also shared my love for wildlife and nature, later an Eagle Scout and still a friend after that meeting.

I decided that I would try and help some of my more awkward peers relate to the information with a bit less trepidation at 'being wrong', even allowing them to err, but pointing out that they had eliminated rather deep and involved solutions to some of our tasks by offering their ideas. By the time the testing ended, we had developed a rapid-fire discussion format to clear the junk correlations before we investigated firmer hypotheses and proposed or acted on our ideas.

At the end of the camp, I was referred to a fairly intense and really very enriching private school, graduating long before my former peers at a public high school and making connections with similarly gifted peers whose kinship and respect still guides me 20 years on from then. I believe in IQ testing, But I believe it overestimates mere above-average intellects.

>t. Increasingly Insecure

tl;dr version of this thread:

IQ testing is shit for the world unless you far outpace the mean or certainly could be rendered useful with a little more help.