But muh colors

>sakuga
>still image

you must be 18 years or older to use Sup Forums

youtu.be/8Wo7v1El06Q
Looks awful in motion too

Houseki user still butthurt?

>this kills the Fate threads

OP is streaming. Give the video some time to buffer.

>watching apocrypha

For children maybe

>2017's Sakuga

>awful
i uh, don't think you really understand or respect the amount and caliber of people and work that went into this sequence, do you? all that calling it awful does it expose just how out of touch you are with animation quality as a whole

Eat shit apofag

>watching what you want to watch and not watching what you don't want to watch
what's the matter?

Fatefags actually enjoy eating shit on a daily basis

>Looks bad
>But tons people worked hard on it!!!!
Just shows you how budget and staff can't replace talent.

Agreed. I don't get why people have been praising this animation sequence on Sup Forums.

>not talented
ok there bub, maybe you should do some reading up on the people you're trying to shittalk first lol

Shills and fate fags.

>respect the amount and caliber of people

Who the fuck cares about them? I care about the end product.

Show looks like shit and the battle sequence itself was pretty lame but I didn't see anything that wrong with the animation itself. Would you like to elaborate?

Is that like 10fps?

>Muh sakuga animators
Still looks like shit shill.

look, everyone knows sakuga is just when the ground explodes into cubes, so obviously this fight is sakuga

Animation isn't fluid at all, looks choppy and the fight is just a clusterfuck of "oooh" effects, like your typical american movie

>Fate loii show with lower budget still ends up looking better
youtu.be/WfSdCSM9s9k

>web animators, not even once

>This video contains content from KADOKAWA CORPORATION, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
That's a new one. Animus blocked in my shithole?

>ITT: retards used to CG shit

I don't really think the issue is with the animation as such -- the animation looks OK (even if, honestly, apart from all the effects work, there's not a whole lot going on -- there's relatively little character animation, for example).

The issue is that it's next to impossible to tell what's actually happening, where the characters are, how exactly they're interacting or being affected by this or that massive laser beam or explosion: the issue seems to be with the choreography, which is a fucking mess. I get that, maybe, this is the point -- the fight is maybe supposed to be disorienting given the power on display here, but there's got to be a better way to depict this than endless fancy effects and confusing cuts.

why is every sound effect a fart sound

>The absolute state of A-1 Pictures
FTFY

I agree about the choreography and everything, I just don't get why people say that the animation itself is bad. Is it just that people confuse animation quality with directing and screenwriting, which in this case are the worst part?

Also, this came to mind.

Is the OST for this show only one song? I swear it's playing in every single fight scene or remotely dramatic moment.

>if it's not glowing cg lights it's not good animation

a bunch of rubes hear "animation" and think "everything that isn't music or voice or story or whatever -- all the visual stuff." So if they see something that's confusing or poorly storyboarded or something, even if the animation as such looks OK, they think "oh, it's a problem with the animation"

In any case, though, it's easy enough to read "it's poorly animated" as "it looks bad," which is what most people are saying. There's no point being a pedantic loser about it

Meanwhile another typical rushed DBS episode beats that climax episode for Fate: youtu.be/870rTqU2JC8?t=15m17s

>Muh cgi
No one has even mentioned it

From the guy that made CLANG

I find it disgusting how everything look like Minecraft when it explode

>Fate cucks eat this up

>they weren't here for SAKUGA 2016

A lot of effort, but it's shit.

Disgusting fart noises, confusing and nonsensical "choreography", generic "epic muzik".
Can't even tell what's happening. Shits ass

People who pause animation and judge it are literally retarded.

It's purely abought how it looks in motion.

That being said both of these fights have good moments of animation.
Madara's fight was much better as the animation actually has a sense for action choreography and it wasn't purely a light show, with flying cubes.

thanks user, makes alot of sense it's like the world time stop sound effect but somehow worse

youtube.com/watch?v=OSG0kQF5Bis&t=96s

if you think this is bad animation, then show me something better airing this season

>being this much of a sociopath
ok

>this is objectively shit because I say so
>you disagree? you're an x (x being anything negative, like "shill" or "fatefag") and your opinion doesn't matter because I say so
>everyone obey me and suck my dick
Garbage thread

>People who pause animation and judge it are literally retarded.
a gorillion times this.

Animation is all about stretching and squashing and omitting or exaggerating this or that detail to get a desired effect of movement. It doesn't matter if this or that frame looks goofy or haphazard if, altogether, there's a convincing illusion of motion.

Pic related: a frame from one of the most exquisitely animated and choreographed fight scenes of the past decade but you wouldn't know that if internet goobers constantly posted stills of the scene, would you?

Sakuga in Sword of the Stranger? You gotta be kidding me!

>doesn't contribute to anything
>greentexting

What the hell is happening

i dunno lasers and explosions and atomic bombs and shit

what do you want from me?

The absolute state of Sup Forums

>implying retards crying "shill" or "fatefag" to anyone defending the episode contribute anything
Stop being deluded
Or maybe I'm right and the truth hurts?

Gary stu using plot armor, plot shield and plot sword to defeat a sun demigod he shouldn't be able to defeat

There's this and there's just being sloppy. Just watch the Saitama vs Boros fight. There are some off-model shots and exaggerated movements but the viewer knows exactly whats going on throughout the entire sequence. I had to squint to figure out exactly what was happening in the fate clip.

You might be retarded.

Nice argument

Kevin said it's good so it's gotta be.

Looks okay to me. Still won't watch this shit.
No Gil, no Saber no watching.

Thank you.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the Fate scene, it's just that the issue isn't the off-model in-betweens or the little bits of style thrown in. The issue is that the entire thing is horribly choreographed, most of the action is pulled back about five miles from the actual characters, and the fight is 95% explosions and laser beams that are so massive they dwarf the characters. The biggest problem with this fight isn't the occasionally weird or off-model frame, it's that you can't keep track of where the fuck the characters are, what they're doing, or how they're affected by the ostensibly world-ending attacks.

>streaming
Fuck off, cancer.

He's never been wrong before.

>I won't watch this unless it's the exact same story repeated over and over again with the same characters I was already familiar with
Thanks, you've made me appreciate Apocrypha just a tiny bit for at least not being the lazy trash that dominates the rest of the Fate spinoffs.

That''s because that's how massive Karna's powers are. Anything less would be a disrespect (even more than him jobbing to Sieg Stu) to the character

>downloading and entire episode to get a screenshot
autistic

>No Gil, no Saber no watching.
I can agree to that.

I grabbed the SotS stills off youtube because I haven't got the proper SotS file at my work computer you dweeb

>defending streaming
lurk for 2 years before posting

I agree, the fate scene was actual trash, just pretty colors and flashing lights, no sense of direction, terrible music to boot, it's trash.

But pausing animation doesn't say anything.

>Fatefags are unironically defending this

Well sure, but it still doesn't justify this mess of a scene, and it also maybe goes to show that characters with ridiculous, world-ending powers don't often make for fun or visually engaging fight scenes. Even apart from that, there are more interesting ways to incredible power than constant explosions.

Karna is a fucking sun demigod. Constant massive explosions are kind of his thing when he goes all out. Doesn't help hindu myths are OP as shit and he's actually nerfed here from his original myths
You can dislike Karna's powers but claiming there are other ways to convey them that don't involve constant massive explosions is wrong. You'd need to rewrite the character and his powers

>implying you're any different from them.

>Watch the fight
>Can understand everything happening

As expected from Sup Forums where they praise shit from kyoani with chromatic aberration and autistic depth of field to be "amazing animation".

Why do people is so autistic and contrarian holy shit, people complain about "choreography" or "off model-characters", they are literally throwing each other a fucking power, like goku kameha, or naruto rasengan, or saber excalibur. I haven't even watched Apocrypha, but you guys are fucking autistic. Fucking Sup Forums.

I couldn't enjoy this video because of the shitty compression.

Which means they're no different from me. Thus, we can agree they're shitposting and not contributing anything

I wish I could draw squares as well as those guys. My respects.

i don't know how streamfags tolerate it

>BONES does this constantly
>Gets praised by it
>Fatecucks get god-tier animation
>Cry because 'things don't explode in blocks'.
It's like you hate fun animation.
The lip sync (as well as most of the sound) was really off through the entire fight, though.

>use naruto and dragon ball spics as examples while hating on kyoni
I can't recognize this board anymore.

>woah now, if you look at what these people made before, THEN you will have respect for this poorly drawn PowerPoint slide show level of animation

>this entire thread
your argument is worthless if the best you can come up with is 'it's shit'

Well, nothing besides "These people are too fucking lazy to post video clips".

The animation isn't bad, it's the actual fight choreography and direction, they're too obsessed with getting cool shots rather than making things coherent, building up the tension, displaying more of the characters drive/motivation other then just yelling that shit and so on. They are just standing in place waiting for the other to strike and then tank the hit, the dialogue is pretty generic, and the music stays at a certain 'high' so to speak, the music should crescendo at the height of the scene (at least for this type of fight) but it is basically the same throughout. The sound design is also all over the place. Basically this is style over substance (and not that much style). It goes to show that just good animation (which this scene does have) does not make for a good fight if everything else is lacking.

>The same repeated clichés we've already seen a thousand times.
Yeah, most anime battles look the same nowadays thanks to sakuga circlejerking.
"Bu-but muh yutapon cubes" shit has been so overused only sakugafags feel happy when they see them because it lets them brag about being able to recognize them as if that was proof of their knowledge about animation.

KekSen
Garo3

Violet Everkino will be sakuga of the decade to be quite and completely honest desu famalam

its just another kyoani show though?

Fate has never looked this good
Ufo and shaft can't top this

okay just checked and he did most of the fate sound directing. but his other works doesn't seem that bad compared to apocrypha, it's nonstop BOOM sound effects for each attack

>still image
The absolute state of OP.

Digimon had Brave Soul for every single fight in it's entire run and no one complained

This happened earlier
sakugabooru.com/post/show/42298

The otaku autism doesnt care about anything outside of waifus tbqh

>This shit sandwich is literally just a sandwich with shit in it.
>but a lot of people worked hard on it, they held in their shit for more than 4 days just to give me a nice big load.
>10/10
That logic doesn't hold up

How did an ex ranked np lose againt an a+ one?How has it not instantly anihilated sieg?