Im gonna watch this series for the first time in my life and wanted to know if its a good choice

im gonna watch this series for the first time in my life and wanted to know if its a good choice
i read online and alot of people are saying to skip this entirely because its bad when goku is a kid but i dont know
and i dont want to go straight into dragon balls z without knowing any of the characters
honestly is this a good starting point to get me into the series?

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.si/view/489801
twitter.com/AnonBabble

kid goku parts are the only parts of it that aren't complete trash.

>alot of people are saying to skip this entirely because its bad when goku is a kid but i dont know
who the fuck says this?

so baserd on your reactions its a definite watch, got it.
thanks lads, ill watch it all

Dragon Ball is borderline Slice of life.

Don't listen to retarded opinions on the internet, make decisions and come to conclusions on your own.
>i read online and alot of people are saying to skip this entirely because its bad when goku is a kid
This being a prime example of aforementioned retarded opinion. If you like light-hearted and adventurous anime then you'll like Dragon Ball.
You should read the manga since it's way better and has less filler/bad pacing but the anime is still enjoyable.

>less filler
I'm retarded, I meant no filler.

>You should read the manga since it's way better and has less filler/bad pacing but the anime is still enjoyable.
This.
Read the manga OP, then watch the anime, it will give you perspective, you will know what's filler what isn't for example.

>skip DB before Z

That's the best part of it.

Dragon Ball was pretty fun, because it was an adventure manganime instead of pure battle. It wasn't for nothing that this shit is the most famous anime franchise over the world.

yall niggas posting in a troll thread

>bad when goku is a kid
I fucking hate this meme, the kid Goku parts are the best in the series, don't listen to retards on Twitter and Reddit circle jerking about how good Z is and how everything else is shit

I think they were referring to GT where Goku is turned back into a kid

>don't listen to retarded opinions on the internet
even Sup Forums tards, reddit, or even fucking twitter wouldn't go this far. this was probably the work of OPs retarded ass friends

everyone knows the original dragon ball is far superior OP

>i read online and alot of people are saying to skip this entirely because its bad when goku is a kid but i dont know
The only people who say this are the faggots who grew up watching the funimation dub of DBZ and still believe Goku is supposed to be the "hope of the universe". Anyone with taste will agree that the pre-Saiyan arcs were the best.

Watch recut

>American opinions

"Original" Dragon Ball is the best and it is more Toriyama style (gag manga like arale). Z is really disappointing at some parts when you compare it but you need to decide yourself.

This is the best version you can watch, might take some time to download but it is worth it nyaa.si/view/489801

Honestly the original DB is the best of all the series. The fights are more interesting due to a lack of ki explosions and characters actually have to work and train to get stronger instead of pulling a new level of super saiyan out of their asses.

Read the fucking manga.

Read the manga up until the beginning of Z, then watch DBZ

DB is the best in the whole series, especially the tournament arcs

Do you like the begging of Z? DB ends with Goku and Chichi having some adventures together then in Z Goku suddenly appears with Gohan, I feel like we could've had more about Goku and Chichi before Gohan is born or just a couple chapters with background on what happened. Personally I would have liked to see Goku and Chichi gathering the dragon balls to resurrect Son Gohan.

Also Chichi as a character was ruined in Z, Goku converts everyone to his side and mentality yet his wife who was a fighter and had some adventures with him turns into some annoying old lady. Goku won the tournament and had money, he is the strongest in the world so money should never be a problem for him and also Ox king is rich... Chichi, the disappearance of Launch and the sudden irrelevance of Goku's friends is what I dislike about Z.

cooler is when shit gets real.

Nah, honestly the powercreep bullshit and the shifting of focus away from adventure started as far back as the piccolo tournament arc when goku became a teen. You can trace the turning point back there.