ITT: shows that were immediately forgotten

And we discuss why, and if they deserved to be forgotten.

Was this even discussed on here?
Besides appearing in poor animation threads.

It had pretty frequent threads.

Shame, the OP and the ED were really nice. The ED made me appreciate Kiyono Yasuno and Megumi from Saekano more. Also, Aletta a cutie.

We had threads on airing days and occasionally between them. Nothing special, but people talked about his show.
Kuro anyone else

This was also forgotten quickly. Anyone else know why?

Every thread.

Why did it flop?

Milk the goat

I liked it. It was a slow series without lots of events that I liked to watch between "faster" shows.

I watched the whole thing and I quite disliked it.
The premise is charming, but it's evident that the author doesn't give a simple fuck about neither cusine nor fantasy. Everything is as generic and superficial as possible, the fantasy world almost feel like a parody for how uninspired it is.
Add to that the terrible visuals, lack of interaction between customers, the fact that the cook himself is barely a character and how repetitive everything is and you get a really dull anime that deserve to be forgotten.

I think the story would have been better if it was narrated from the point of view of the chef, and the glimpse of the fantasy world were to come from the talking between him and the customers.

The story basically reach its conclusion at episode3(?) when they have their first live. Everything after feels like filler. Also the island arc was terrible.

My wife Kuro is the cutest.

The characters were all pretty cool and the setting good enough I guess but the cooking side was pretty annoyingly basic shit. And when the cooking is half an episode, the show becomes easily forgettable.

Completely forgot this even existed.

i still give it a spin from time-to-time. you could say the characterization and story was weak, but i watched it mainly for the food.

The show was comfy as hell, I won't forget it anytime soon.

Even the food was weak

it was comfy, watched it while eating every week, but it wasnt anything too memorable

We needed more Aletta, dammit.

I still follow translations for the WN/LN. I guess there were not enough explosions for you

Cool premise, poorly executed. Comfy to watch, but mediocre. Anything mediocre in anime is doomed to be forgotten by most.

SAGGY

This. Fantastic ED, I heard it and immediately went to look for her other music. Turns out it was taken from her mini album that came before the anime.

We needed more Kuro.

It got STALE pretty damn quickly, which for a (almost-)cooking show is kind of a trash move.
All of the 'story' we saw could have been condensed into three our four episodes easily. It wouldn't have been as bad if the animation hadn't sucked ass. Spastic rabbits and two-frames-deers are kind of hard to ignore. Then they blew their budget on sparkles and couldn't be bothered to keep the dishes from doing some weird QUALITY stuff.

I wanted to like it.

>10 mins or so on how character suddenly finds the restaurant door
>"wtf is this shit"
>orders whatever
>cums on the first bite
>and on the second and third
>literally buckets of cum
>orders same food forever

It was ok but was a little too repetitive.

Shorts tend to be quickly forgotten, though.

Yeah I'm pretty sure there was a "No, MY favorite dish is best!" argument in at least 75% of the episodes.

I was also ticked that despite the goat girl basically being persecuted in her fantasy world. I only remember someone mentioning it in passing when they go into the restaurant.

It was all wasted potential.

I still see 3 every now and then.

I still remember this one.

this is the kind of show that you just put on as background noise. I would put this on after getting home from work before changing into something more comfortable than my work attire, and usually begin making some food. Thankfully my Japanese is decent enough to understand what's going on 80% of the time. I only ever really sat down and watched the first and final episode of the season.

I felt that a lot of the stories were humble and inconsequential to everyone,including the characters themselves. With the exception of that one chick that had AIDS and was miraculously recovering, everyone else was just some chucklefuck jumping in between dimensions just for this restaurant.

Which brings me to my next point, I REALLY wanted to like the Master, but the dude was just too much of a Gary Stu, so he's completely perfect and can conjure up any dish with absolutely zero error? We never got any moments where we saw him grow as a chef, or had faced a critic. I'm not saying we needed a villain for this show, but some conflict could've elevated the show a little higher.

Instead we get a show where a homeless demon and kuro-doh-rah-gon from space get taken in by some Gary Stu head chef that does everything perfect and pleases every single customer with his cooking.

I wish that they worked on the presentation of the dishes too. I don't mind the setting, but instead it's the waitress introducing the food in the exact same fucking manner using the exact same animation stills.

Again, it was comfy background noise for cooking, but I'd rather put on Seinfeld and laugh or something

Do the novels sell well anyway?

Is BanG Dream forgotten?

Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou, in a matter of fact I totally forgot I was even watching it, really good show though, but too forgettable, the ED is amazing but the season have so many good songs that again, too forgettable.

The show was underrated.

How could I forget saggy goat tits!

I sometimes do

Forgotten because it wasn't very popular in the first place despite being one of the best animes to come out in 2017. It's weird how A-1 is either making complete garbage or masterpieces. I think it deceived lots of people who were riding the monster girl ecchi train after Monster Musume and turns out this anime is the purest thing ever so people got mad.

I miss sunday demi-chan threads.

hikari > succ > himari > yuki > machi

I mean, it was kinda fun with how it approached the isekai genre, but it didn't go anywhere with it, there wasn't any backstory adapted, it wasn't comfy enough, it had bad animation quality and quickly got boring.

This show was surely better than maid dragon imo, but it didn't have le ebin maymays so it didn't get the attention it deserved. At least we got an OVA.

The OVA is my favorite episode.

People also didn't like it because there wasn't a whole lot of plot and drama which i can understand, but you watch for the characters alone. Their personalities are all consistent and believable and is one of the few animes to actually make me laugh.

Anybody remember this wideness?

Is Mayo Chiki forgotten? I liked the manga because it was drawn by Hase Neet, one of my favourite artists

In my opinion it was a shittier version of Chobits

A few recent shows nobody talks about, most with good reason:
Centaur's Worries
Grimoire of Zero
Knight's & Magic
Sakura Quest
7O3X

I remember dropping it like a hot potato.

Still follow the WN translations so whatever

I know that the manga is still very close to the OVA but is there a chance that this will ever get a second season within 2-3 years?

You mean upgraded

>Great girls
>Great songs
>Good storyline
>Comfy threads the entire run
AOTY and Sup Forums skipped over it.

I haven't forgotten about that show.

I still miss it because it made my mondays so comfy.

It was okay, I guess, not an AOTY.

Well, i guess Sup Forums and japs in general don't give a shit about a badass and smart loli that don't say "oniichan" every 5 seconds and end every line with "desu".
Or is not some old dude playing WW1 in Isekai dimensions.

Forgot picture.

Couldn't even remember the name.
It's "Sekaisuru Kado (KADO: the right answer)" and in my opinion, it was alright.
Tense when it needed to be, charming most of the time, but fuck me was it dull.

I remember the spanish guitars and the threads.

Gone, but not forgotten. Especially with it being an earlier role of Rie Takahashi's and Gonzo's recent death throes.

Probably not moe enough for Sup Forums's standards.

Does forgotten on Sup Forums mean an anime is forgotten to everyone else?

This one is unfairly forgotten, despite good music, good girls, a good plot, and being pretty enjoyable.

Hipsters and anime reviews seem to like it, though.

I enjoyed it quite a lot. Definitely unhappy with where it ended. Season three please.

Does Crime Edgy count?

>Sup Forums skipped over it.
Funi subs didn't help

You missed the shitstorm of the ending.

>Blank boobs in BD release
What else you expected.
This shit DESERVE to be forgotten.

I started to watch it after never having heard about it when I saw itt on crunchyroll when I was trying to find shit to go to bed to

very comfy anime, fantastic to fall asleep to. Recommended it to my friends.

Fuck you I still miss this shit every week.
We had several threads weekly, and it came up in other relevant threads too.

I dropped it but I still fap to sango every now and then.

I forgot this while it was airing. I don't think I finished it.

I remember most of every show I see as I assume most people do?

Most shows aren't popular after they finish though if that is what you mean.

Best Ad ever

Manga is universally considered superior as compared to anime.
That's about it.

And rightfully so.

Show that would only appeal to lolicons that didn't have good loli fan service and threw around old hags too much, and wasn't really funny or anything to make up for it.

If you're gonna do a series like that give me lolibutts and give me them often or I will forget it instantly.

How about shows people kept saying would end up forgotten, but didn't?

It was too much of a disposable early 00s style ecchi comedy.

I liked it though

I thought it was great but it's just not the kind of show that sells huge. That's what happens when your whole premise centers around how the other side lives when it comes to the most mundane details of life. Most people just don't care about that sort of thing.

Total failure to commit to any of the things that made it interesting.

too actually good for Sup Forums's standards

Can an oldfag tell me if this got threads when it came out? Never seen it mentioned. Probably my favourite show.

I love Michiko and Hatchin

What? Plastic Memories still gets threads every once in a while.

I believe it had some. Problem was CR/Funi didn't picked it up and the meme potential was way too low for any of the poor big fansub groups crying about CR/Funi stealing their job to actually care about it. Which lead to fairly slow, sporadical translation, resulting in pople forgeting about it completely.

hmmm damn, thanks
It had great reaction images

Servant x Service
I knew I was going to forget about most of it when it came out. I just remember Lucy, she has a long ridiculous name, and boobs. There's some bunny that talks. A guy got smacked in the face and then said "t-thanks" and the OP and ED are nice. That's all I got out of it. If this is from the same author as Working, then boy did it not feel like it. I got attached to most characters in that, and with SxS, I'm lucky to even remember two.

shit adaptation

I really find it sad to see that almost no one cared about this show in either the West or Japan. It was so unpopular that it didn't even get a dub (I don't like dubs, but this show was not prominent enough to even be considered for a dub). Its unpopularity is a real shame: while it wasn't the best of shows, it was still a guilty pleasure and it could have had more fans.

Also this one. Despite the popularity of the game, the anime was forgotten so quickly that even I sometimes forget that the anime existed.

That's because the anime shit.

The anime was alright for me, it was actually better than AoKana's. It wasn't anything special, though.

I don't even remember the name, but from the pic alone I'm getting memories flooding back.
The show was just bland, ost wasn't incredible like Gakusen which was a bland harem but the animation, setting, good voice actors and amazing OST forces me to not forget its name. Nothing about that anime you posted made me click, the characters were bland, the MC was lame(more like a sidecharacter if anything).

The OP was really good, though. Unfortunately it's the last OP the singer ever did.

Only watched it for the Yandere
the maga gets threads sometimes though

Wasn't it the Chisato route? no wonder it was bad

Misaki was best girl

It was genuinely good.