Houseki no Kuni

rock identification

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

cute

This is gem bait

Did Antarct legit had a room of his own or just the water tank?

I want to masturbate in Antarc's tank everyday while it's still summer!

posting in the aoty thread

I want antarcticite to give me a handjob

Phos is the most aesthetic protagonist ever.

That was his room, user. Gems don't have many private possessions so they're fairly empty.

Stupid asshole

a CUTE stupid asshole

>protagonist

HEY LOOK EVERYONE
IT'S ANTARCTICITE

It's so good.
I can't think of a way of adding Pads without clashing, but I suppose the torso would remain covered.

I want to give cinnabar a job

i want cinnabar to give me a job

J-Jokes on you
Who would get attached to a gem in 2-3 chapters?

Post the cute black-haired glass

Imagine waking up to this adorable harbinger of doom

I want a season 2 so bad - the majority of my favorite scenes are in the later portions of the manga, including the saga of Phos's head

The hair. Just imagine it.
But seriously it's gotta be the torso. Phos even has loads of empty space just filled in with alloy in hers already. It also completes the ship of Theseus by removing he last piece of original Phos, and allows for the possibility of Phos2.0

Can't they actually put the pieces back together by heating the remains so they become liquid and just pouring them somewhere?

The Moon is pretty damn cold. But yes, Antarc is one of the few who would be pretty easy to reassemble, and most importantly, would have the inclusion strength to actually come back since he's used to melting and reforming every year. Other gems, like Pads, probably won't be able to come back even if all their powder is gathered together and glued in place.

I'm sorry for not listening to you guys earlier in the season. This show is really good. My whole body felt tense during Dia's hide and seek session.

Phos itself is considered part of the treasures, no? It's the crystal part. Though I suppose not all sources cite crystal as a treasure.
Torso seems a bit too obvious, I'm half expecting to be curveballed there. Though it's not like there's too many alternatives. Maybe a little of the chest and arm stubs will remain Phosphophyllite.
I'm kinda sad about this. I hope the prince actually substitutes Pad's torso instead of just taking it or something. We know something's going to happen but the circumstances are so unclear.

I think it'll be the other way around, honestly. I suspect Paddington's 7 holes are for the 6 other "treasures" materials + one for the last bits of Phos. The only thing that gives me pause is the pearl eye - too small to fill a hole, they'd need to get more pearl. But anyway, my guess is the character design will change completely to PadPhos.

Added bonus, this'll break both Rutile's mind and heart.

It's actually good to jump in this late. Now you won't have to worry about spoiling the anime by reading the manga first, since there's only a couple episodes left.

If Antarc comes back, I wonder what he'll think of what Phos has done... "take care of winter, and make sure sensei isn't lonely" pfffft yeah right

>everyone's praising new episode for how good chase was
>feel indifferent and think it was overall pretty boring and literally any scene with cinnabar feels a lot more tense

They said Pad was the strongest gem after Bort. If Phos does get his body, and with the addition of the other treasures, I'm sure the result will be the strongest gem ever, far stronger than Bort and finally close to Sensei.

I feel like at the very end, Phos will die for real but there will remain a last fragment of the original phosphophyllite material and Cairn will hang on to it like Lapis's head in memory. Maybe make a necklace or earring or something.

Well, in Phos' defense, he didn't specify for how long.
This bothers me too, honestly. I wonder if Phos actually forgot those exact words amidst all that mess.

>literally making up your own ideas in your head about how the magic microbes work

I don't feel bad for sensei or the gems, they should had never disturbed neetPhos

What am i making up? Phos is doing fine with ~70% of her body gone, whereas Pad is dead with 90%+ completely intact.
If we're talking time, Phos seems to adapt to new limbs in minutes, whereas Cairn took several days and Pad seems to never completely adapt.
If you piled up enough Phos powder and glued it together you'd have a working Phos pretty much guaranteed and probably faster than you'd think. Most other gems either would take ridiculous amounts of time to recover if they can at all.

Pretty sure they were mostly referring to hardness. Apparently they have excellent toughness as well, so either that's what puts him ahead of the other diamonds or it is his fighting ability. In any case, it'd surely be an upgrade for Phos, but only if they only get the torso instead of swapping the entire body. The alloy and Lapis head both play a big part on his power.

Phos is a dumb idiot which, much like the filthy ningen brain, only uses 10% of her inclusions.

Phos inclusions are OP. Nerf please.

Phos mutations are the best thing of this manga, She's like a retrovirus, I hope she ends up like a monster

>implying he's not already an abomination

>whereas Pad is dead with 90%+ completely intact.
I don't know why you think that's the reason Pad is dead. If that were the case, most gems would stop functioning the instant they break. But just rewatch Antarc's death to see that they can still move in tiny pieces. Something about Pad is just inherently fucked up, and clearly treated as a unique case amongst gems.

She is already a demon.

Paddington was also born fucked up, versus no other gem has had this kind of deformity (for lack of a better word) from the start - they only lose parts from injury.

But I think user's supposing that it's a weakness in Paddy's inclusions' adaptability is as good a guess as we've got right now.

I think the number of holes being 7 is ominous. Almost suggests that he was born to hold the 7 treasures...

If it goes this route with Phos pieces in Paddy's body instead of Paddy's torso going to Phos, I think the plot will probably provide for some other power upgrade. Phos lost the super speed when he gained the super arms, if he loses the super arms he'll likely get some other power or weapon.

All of designs in that manga are perfect, but LaPhos is just God Tier
Contrast between ultramarine hair and golden pieces in it which combined with golden hands
But my favorite part is moons outfit
It make me wish Ichikawa-sensei make collab with fashion brand or something like that

What are your expectations for the next manga chapter? I hope for extreme despair

>sesnsei, should I reply to this b8?

If they sold gem gloves, with the embroidery on the inside, I would happily buy a pair in black. A nice way to incorporate some merch into your wardrobe while keeping it subtle/completely normal looking. The shoes and the summer uniform also look like perfectly normal things to wear, though I guess the skirt/culottes length would need to adjusted a little.

Where is this meme coming from was there a new chapter out or something recently?

Why do you guys think phos is gonna change out any of her limbs with pad? Pads character seems pretty irrelevent at this point, it seems like something bigger is brewing anyway

She'll remember soon enough After seeing sensei on the floor, breaking down after finding out Phos got many of his children dusted.

I fucking wish they had kept that hair long.

master_scholar.jpg

7 treasures of Buddhism

This is a pretty old idea actually. Phos' new parts are the same from the 7 treasures of Buddhism, he's missing ruby/a red gemstone, Pad's a type of ruby, is going to the moon, wants to die and got 7 holes, etc etc.

>You have 30 minutes to move your jewel
>You have 10 minutes
>Your jewel has been impounded
>Your jewel has been crushed into a cube
>You have 30 minutes to move your cube

>Padparadscha probably
Oh shit

Would Sensei even react that strongly? He's probably seen generations of gembutts come and go.

It's because of the Seven Treasures of Buddhism.

These are: gold, silver, lapis lazuli, seashell, agate*, pearl, and carnelian*

*These two I have also seen listed as crystal instead of agate, and ruby instead of carnelian.

Either way, since phosphophyllite is a type of crystal, at this point Phos has combined all the treasures except one, and Padpararararararara is a type of ruby/sapphire (rubies and sapphires are in fact the same material, the color is the only differentiation).

>everyone gets shattered but phos and pad becase pad can't even move
>phos retaliates and prince fucks her up
>moon people use parts of phos to fill pad's holes for shit and giggles
>phos takes over pad
>goes nuclear and kills the moon

nii-sama

Make Rutile proud, Paddy

this scene was well done

I wanna Phos heels, just to buy and look at them

>Hemimor is also on the cover of the last volume with nuPhos

I felt so bad for Bort in that scene. I have a soft spot for characters who clearly feel deeply, but have trouble expressing their affection. I think Bort missed the nuance of Dia's words and heard it as "I can't stand being around you" and dutifully followed through by not being with Dia any more, when in fact Dia would've liked (and needed) to hear some confirmation that Bort does want to be with Dia.

Yellow not suffering.

A teaparty and new fashionable clothes for everyone. It's Christmas after all.
Gotta build up a sense of security first, you know.

Beats me, but I do believe Antarc's last words will eventually come back to Phos. Besides, so far, Sensei had only his abilities to blame, "not getting there in time" etc, this time would be the fault of one of his children,
who kept pushing and pushing for answers Sensei kept denying. It will be a completely different type of guilt. It depends on Sensei's motivations to keep so many secrets, if it was due to selfishness the guilt might hit him harder.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if almost everyone dies and Yellow can't stop himself from instinctively running away and escaping again even though he resolved not to and he hates himself even more

> t. Phos reporting to sensei

You are a meanie, user

I wonder if Yellow ever hallucinated his previous partners like Phos is seeing Antarc now. Now that's a crowd.

Dunno but part of me want to Karen leave Phos side
Because than more far away you from Phos than more safety you are
I dont wanna best gem to die

>hilarious
What did Yellow ever do to you?
Now I really want to see that happen.
Alternatively, Yellow sacrificing himself and shielding the younger gems to atone.

Cairn is already marked, though. Wherever he goes, it wouldn't change how much he means or at least meant to Phos, and that death flag will remain firm until the manga ends or he's eventually dusted. Whichever comes first.

>implying you could ever afford it

>If Bortz and Dia switched hair lengths.
I love how Ichikawa designs their hair, Bort has long hair cause he can use it as weapon, and Dia's is short cause he has weak spot and can be easily broken from certain angle, but let's be honest, long hair Dia is just way better.

>nuance of Dia's words and heard it as "I can't stand being around you" and dutifully followed through by not being with Dia any more, when in fact Dia would've liked (and needed) to hear some confirmation that Bort does want to be with Dia.
I fucking hate when people do that. Women do that ALL the time.
If at any point of your life acting like this cause you suffering know that you deserved it. die

mustn't run away

Anime clothing merch is always kind of crazy inflated prices in my opinion, for even things like hoodies. I can't imagine how much they'd blow up the price of those heels.

Still, I'd wear them. The height doesn't seem too crazy uncomfortable. I'd mainly be concerned if the little points that pinch in would get messed up and start standing upright after wearing them a few times, which would ruin the whole look.

Long hair Dia would be so shiny no one could look at her without getting blind.

I hope you guys are ready for a christmas full of suffering

Bitch what are you doin
You fucking right
> That poor that even cant buy Eng mangs
Just let me dream
But oh god, why those heels are so beautiful?
user, i know
I'm just trying to escape from reality
(((((

>The height doesn't seem too crazy uncomfortable
user at that angle that's gotta be a 5 or 6" heel. Do you normally wear stripper shoes or something?

>I'm going to make give back our friends. Take back everything we've lost.

I don't think that's entirely fair to apply to Dia in this scene. Dia's only saying the truth, not fishing for a compliment or reassurance. And it could be that she's also trying to agree with Bort's decision to switch partners - she's very hurt by that choice, but she's trying to not hold Bort back because it's so ingrained within her that she's not good enough for Bort. So she thinks she's only saying what Bort wants anyway.

There's a misunderstanding here though, because I'm pretty sure Bort didn't intend to stop being Dia's partner permanently - Bort's head is all battle battle battle and she kind of assumes everyone's priority is or should be getting better at battle battle battle, she's honestly not thinking about how Dia would interpret her choosing Phos because she's so psyched about making a strong fighter stronger for the gems' protection.

The sad thing about Bort and Dia is that they are on complete different wavelengths and neither one is changing to accommodate the other despite all the time they've been together. They're both well intentioned people, but they keep missing each other's good intentions like ships passing in the night.

>which is a beach full of friendship, enjoy

>Aaaaaauuuu get me out of here

>they keep missing each other's good intentions like ships passing in the night

I like how these kinds of posts always end with a bit of poetic illustration. Seriously.

mustn't run away
mustn't run away
mustn't run away
mustn't run away
mustn't run away
mustn't run away
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>moon 7th impact begings

I'm short and suffer pain in order to look taller, dammit

It is time to stimulate healthy discussion amongst other like minded people over discord.

discord me/biribiri

Only 2 weeks now.

long hair Dia would be too best

it's disturbing how the longer you look at paddy's torso the more it looks like it's looking back at you

>I don't think that's entirely fair to apply to Dia in this scene
I didn't. That behavior was implied in this post, though.

>The sad thing about Bort and Dia is that they are on complete different wavelengths
That kind of relationship wouldn't ever end up well, ever.
And you'll never know this for sure until you try and hope for the best.
Catch-22.

Gems have a really hard time changing and adapting to changes. Part of the reason is probably their long ass live span.

They're all like that except maybe Phos. And only because he was unlucky to go through a lot of shit in a short span of time, which forced him to change a lot (in some ways, in others he's still the same).

Fuck you and fuck your discord cancer. Eat shit and die, faggot.