How can anyone still respect Jordan Peterson after Slavoj Zizek completely destroyed his argument?

How can anyone still respect Jordan Peterson after Slavoj Zizek completely destroyed his argument?

youtu.be/U7JgfB8PaAk?t=480

Attached: slavoj.jpg (3000x2417, 433K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bigthink.com/videos/slavoj-zizek-on-the-failures-of-the-leftist-movement
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>>How can anyone still respect Jordan Peterson
You could have stopped here

peterson is a bad person

Cokehead slurping Marxist """intellectual""" wants to fix problems without fixing people. Jesus Christ this moron is who rebbit holds up as the smartest man in the room? He's barely pedestrian.

more esoteric than that
Peterson sells the stories as just stories and that jesus is the hero of all heros, the metahero i believe he called the character. That we can't ignore the wisdom of everything in the book discounting the tales fashioned around them.
It's a deadly combination of reasoning and playing on doubt of the audience because they can reference memories of being bored at church or watching others go with their family while their mom was getting high.

Zizek is intellectu muchr above Peterson

Peterson confronts the collective problems of western culture and asks the individual how their actions compare with those taken by the culture's highest archetypal hero. Slobjek just blathers a bunch of incoherent non-arguments with zero historical attachment.

The definition of intellect must have changed. The guy just talks ad nauseum without actually saying anything.

your IQ must be unbelievable low for you to fail to understand his basic arguments

Peterson is a true american, reminds me of the 19th century tradesmen and snake oil sellers. He makes a fuckton of money talking to its public. A modern sophist. At least Zizek has a mind behind his speech.

Wow I'm a marxist now! Thank you.

Zizek is a dimwit

>Slavon Zizek
You mean East European Steve Bannon?

I've always wanted to see an argument between this guy and Hoppe.

Attached: Žižek vs Hoppe.jpg (2998x1354, 3.35M)

>memeflag
>name fag

Could you be anymore of a faggot? Also Peterson is a fucking Leaf

*sniff*
*sniff*
and so on
*sniff*
*sniff*
and so on

>Mexican intellectual

>Mexican intellectual

>mexican intellectual

Attached: 1521856990461.jpg (400x289, 16K)

>the rise of right wing populism is always in response to failed leftist revolutions

he's actually correct

special shout out to the left for being useless retards throughout history

how does it feel to be so ideologically possessed by a pop sci leaf youtuber that you squirm the moment someone points out that real intellectuals people have already debunked him?

Attached: 1522011798427.jpg (3264x2448, 721K)

>you're too dumb for my continental inspired pseudo-philosophy

The refrain of every /lit/ wannabe intellectual I've ever seen. I swear it's a manifestation of the lesson in the 'the emperor has no clothes' parable. Bunch of inane bullshitters get around and realize they can get other bullshitters to join them by ostracizing anyone who sees through their bullshit and that by playing social power dynamics off on people they can create an illusion of depth where none actually exists.

Peterson fags:

>Give me the answers daddy! And fuck those ebil Nazis on Sup Forums

Zizekian philosophers

>Able to ask hard questions without having immediate access to the answers.

Peterson's argument relies on the assumption that when stories have the same sorts of images and patterns showing up that it indicates something about the human psyche and that is potentially useful insight for those who primarily study the psyche.

You can disagree with it but it's not entirely illegitimate. It's just narrative driven and not exactly empirical.

they (and you) and literally that dumb. slavoj isnt making a particularly sophisticated argument against status quo shills and the motives behind it, and you still failed to understand it

Attached: 1493492401846.jpg (125x83, 2K)

I could not agree more. Somebody needs to make a JP American tradesmen merchant meme. Fucking Gold.

>they (and you) and literally that dumb

Just so you know, it's my policy to ignore everything continentalfags say after they insult someone's or a group's intelligence. I've come to realize that's basically all they have in their bag of tricks.

Zizek is just dialectic 2.0

>Sup Forums trying to bandwagon muh Peterson

That's the fastest way to the echo chamber. If you deny Zizek just because he labels himself as a Marxist you're no better than SJW crowd.

I'm rather right-leaning and I like to listen to Zizek just because he has balls to stand behind his words. His observations are very on point, but his ideas towards solving these is where we disagree.
Still I would listen to Zizek challenging my views than listen to some memealtrighit public speaker

Attached: 1494264534770.png (696x747, 517K)

Pure mysticism. He is right on the environment but not for the reasons he think.

His face touching tick is irritating .

peterson is no different. thats why, unlike sam harris who cant into anything with metaphysical depth, it should be zizek debating him

>I support Merkel's decision to flood German with non-whites because fuck Democracy, also leftists don't have a plan and we don't know what we're doing.

A rare admission from the left.

I don't care that much about peterson. He is great when it comes to personal responsibility, making a daily schedule/routine and recommending good books; but not much more

Terrible speech impediment. Hes learned but tough to endure as a listening experience

Who's this Srawoj Żidek?

He wasn't a youtuber until you faggots started crying about him not calling you by your special namey name that you made for yourself. You created him and your lame as fuck attempt to now discredit him as he rips your feeble shit arguments to shreds is sad.

Petermeme wants heroism without identity. He is so terrified of the Semitic boogeyman of Nazism that he cannot finish his journey. Who is the hero fighting for? Who will rescue the hero from the dragon once he is the aged father? A bunch of inbred Somalis?
Peterson does not have the courage to face the truth.

He just doesn't want to admit that the Left will always fail, because Leftism is denial of physical reality. Equality is an impossibility, not even an ideal.

Yeah, that would be nice.

Holy shit! Cuba? Did you guys just discovered the internet?

This guy Kierkegaards.

If, like me, you can't listen to Slurpy Slavoj, there's a transcript here under the TRANSCRIPT button:
bigthink.com/videos/slavoj-zizek-on-the-failures-of-the-leftist-movement

Scan complete. La Creatura detected.

Attached: 1512678374806.png (436x478, 54K)

>a commie doesn't like Jordan Peterson
IMAGUN MOI SHOK!

Show your flag, Pajeet.

Mesmerizing is the word you were looking for.

Daily reminder that Zizek does not believe in dinosaurs.

what a fucking lisping retard
the absolute state of leftypol

lol its not that is not understandable, is that its complete shit

he's onto something, we should meme this into happening

old dude with a scifi understanding of new technologies

Zizek and Peterson are coming towards the same conclusions from polarly opposite directions. No matter what you say, the mainstream considers him to be right-wing, yet he is himself disillusioned with the right, and hated by the right as seen on Sup Forums. Zizek is a lefty to whom the same applies. Same as when solving any problem, you can come to the right solution by completely different methods. They are both right and agree with one another more than they think.

Attached: 1518649937221.png (667x582, 84K)

>They are both right and agree with one another more than they think.
their conclusions interject in some things but where peterson defers to mythical-thinking, zizek goes with hegelian constructionist solutions

>hegelian constructionist solutions
Which is just about equally grounded in reality as Peterson. Here's a question: what do you get when you add Peterson (myths and biology) with Zizek (modernist Hegelian)? You get a Hitler. Peterson and Zizek hate each other because they know that they're each half of a fascist.

Zizek unironically pushed me further right than any right wing larper out there.

JORDAN PEETERSON IS AN ALT LIATE KEK GATEKEEPER WHO REFUSES TO NAME THE JEW BECAUSE OF MONEY AND HIS CAREER

And also each sees the other as what's missing from his own ideology. Zizek is dry and confusing. It needs popular myths and simple lessons. Peterson's weakness is it's ahistorical and has no conceptof technology. Both of their ideologies indicate the missing piece to the other But they don't want to see what it looks like put together.

Zizek is a crypto kike.

it is grounded in reality because he doesn't deny the multilevel failure of marxism as a state philosophy. he just refuses to fetishy capitalism like peterson does (remember peterson is also anti-universal basic income because he believes productivity is a fundamental human characteristic)

zizek is an extreme centrist authoritarian. maybe you just moved to the center but the left is so dominant there that it seems like "going right"

Attached: Uber11.jpg (1500x2291, 379K)

That Sam Harris debate justed him so hard. He had to laugh about himself when Harris asked the questions that exposed his ideological lunacy.

Nah dude they would be just talking past each other. They are both in a form of academic auto pilot.

It might work if there is a strong debate format and a moderator pushes them both into corners.

Seems like peterson is too as he wont address the JQ

I have watched his 2 documentaries and 30h+ of his speeches infront of audiences. He is not an authoritarian centrist. Such a category is extremely simplistic for his positions and sentiments. I moved right because at the crucial moment,after zizek sets evrything up,he dissapoints. He has no solution nor has he any form of framework from which solutions might come for the antagonisms of modernity.

He is a doomsday prophet
A communist sympathizer
But definetly not a communist
His most central identity is that of ideology detective thought. This is also his most valuable contribution to the public.