If kaiji was set in real life, would he be overthinking it most of the time?

if kaiji was set in real life, would he be overthinking it most of the time?

bump

In S1 no. In the Bog, Mahjong and Kazuya probably yes.

Nah, mahjong he was thinking properly. If he wasn't overthinking, he'd have died. Like all the cheating the president did, as well as how deadly each hand required proper thinking. Finally, setting a trap required him to think way ahead.

Yeah probably. Are you reading the new chapters? I don't know if I should be hopeful for him to become a champ or if the "gambling is stupid" aesop will prevail once again. Fuck. I can't read the direction this story will take at all.

Haven't kept up since pachinko

is he still our hero Sup Forums?

One of the best arcs comes after the mahjong arc. It's really good.

Mahjong is the best arc.

>This is definitely not going to bite me in the ass

Why is he such a fucking retard?

He has every reason to overthink in one poker because Kazuya is just as paranoid if not more.

When should he play the 3?

>Yeah I got this
And hes fucked

yeah totally an idiot, he should've used his up card risking a down-down situation even when he had all the momentum of the world

>all the momentum in the world

the flow is very obviously going to switch now that kazuya is getting his groove back and kaiji is growing overconfident
trying to go for broke and making kazuya fold when he finally wants to win is just asking for disaster, kaiji obviously knows getting cocky has only been a recipe for disaster

Chapter 202 marks the beginning of the end.

Spoilers from chapter 215

Right here.

>it actually worked

this guy

For anyone not reading the filename, its chapter 246.

Replace the background of that image to dice/cards and you've got Kaiji

Goddamn kaiji is slow

It's part of the Fukumoto charm
Having followed Washizu mahjong for so many years I don't think any pacing can phase me at this point

To be fair There's a Kazuya flashback in the middle of the final hand. Plus what said. The reveal of the two cards is about 3-4 chapters if I remember right.

Mahjong is all about 4D thinking when you're facing pros in real life.

I bet it's fun to read in one go but I legit wouldn't be able to remember

I highly recommend re-reading an arc after it's finished. Going through Washizu mahjong since it's been completed is a much more pleasurable experience.

Not even when FKMT hits the brakes outta nowhere? The hell arc being 10 chapters total then 10 chapters of just drawing a hand immediately after has to be the worst thing he pulled in Washizu mahjong.

I remember the threads when we spent like 5 chapters raving like madmen about Washizu discarding the Pei, and the initial reveals about the hell arc
I legit feel this sort of shit made me reach true zen due to how ridiculous FKMT can be when stalling for time

How would a friendship between Kaiji and Kazoo work?

So Kazuya HAS been cheating this whole time? And hes just lost continuously on purpose? I fucking knew it.

How the hell did he find out

202 is the first time he cheats in the entire match. His initial 4 aces were all drawn naturally.

If I remember correctly, he pulls an Ace out in the 23rd hand, which makes no sense for him to have given the hands previous.

I believe Kazuya hints that both sides are equally setup, as well.

Kazuya attempts to have a fun night out by hanging out with Kaiji and observing how poor people have fun. Kaiji takes him to a pachinko parlor and spends his entire life's savings ($12) which he promptly loses in 3 minutes. He cries bitter tears about how he can just never catch a break. Kazuya is disgusted by how pathetic the scene is, treats Kaiji to some noodles, Kaiji cries some more, thanks Kazuya for the noodles and swears to treat him next time. Kazuya continues to ponder what friendship really is.

lol the secret was his fucking manicure

Is that the toothpick? hahahaha

In the life action movies he is just a fucking retard so probably not.

I dropped it part way through mahjong because I'm too much a brainlet for nip poker.

>toothpick
A stroke of genius.

>This toothpick is amazing!

Kind of lame to see him cheating, he always looked like a guy that has his own pride and wouldn't stoop to that level and instead beat kanji by his own strength.

Refer to this constantly when you don't understand something.

There is so much Kaiji presence in this board that I'm about to be memed into under the premise of story > art.
What i'm going to face? Should i proceed? Is it exciting?

I think he willingly gave Kaiji the toothpick so they would be on equal terms or something

the art is great, bad art would be something like the A-1 pictures sameface that you see in 90% of their shows.

The closest genre i can compare it to is psychological thriller. Shit's just engaging. I recommend giving the two games a watch. If you aren't satisfied after that, you probably won't enjoy the series. After that it's all uphill.

The art is good though, look at this handsome man's thick meaty outlines.

It is very exciting. I recently got my brother to watch it with me, after much assurances that it isn't your typical retarded anime (he is not an anime fan). He greatly enjoyed it, and had a good time speculating on how games were going to play out. The art really fits the story, you get used to it very quickly.

The art in the Kaiji manga starts out as technically bad but funny looking, and becomes genuinely great to look at and extremely expressive by the more recent arcs.

With the anime adaptation Madhouse worked absolute wonders with the hokey artstyle of the first two arcs and turned it into something that looks great and animates really well. (see )

And obviously the writing, like in almost all of FKMT's works, is absolutely top-notch.

This is definitely one thing most of the games do well: they're thought provoking. Restricted RPS and Minefield Mahjong have a great amount of depth for how simple the setups are, One Poker and E-Card are deceptively simple and play very well.

The one complaint I have over Kaiji is that there are no free-for-all games outside of Restricted RPS and the Human Derby. I'd love to see more of those types of games, but with the new arc and how One Poker ends, I feel like that won't happen.

I dont get the dislike of the art, I always thought it looked great.
I guess anything outside of the sameface generic anime artsyle scares some people.

>sameface generic anime artsyle
I guess things looking similar gives people the ape brain, preventing them from being able to tell shit apart.

There is no one anime art style. Some series can even have different sections have entirely different art styles from each other so acting like there's one common art style among literally thousands of shows is asinine.

Thank you fampais, i will go and pick that manga and read the shit out of it.
See you in future threads.

Watch the anime, it covers the first two manga arcs, has good animation, great music and voice acting, and I don't actually now if the first bits of manga are translated

It's recommended that you watch the first few seasons and then continue the manga from there. The first part of the manga isn't fully translated and the art is still sort of lackluster for the second part whereas the anime is wonderfully animated and directed, with fantastic sound design and music that adds greatly to the tension. Its narrator is also god-tier.

Is it all EXACTLY the same? No, thats dumb. But youre fucking joking if youre going to tell me that there isnt an averge style used for anime that that Kaiji doesnt deviate from it heavily.
You know this to be true, otherwise we wouldnt have images that can sum up an entire era so easily.

Or this

All of those shows are visually distinct from each other besides maybe Clannad and Kanon, which are similar-looking for obvious reasons, and are easily told apart. Several of the pictures aren't even in-show but instead promotional art. You've probably never even seen most of those shows or have even heard of them. If you have and didn't just think this because you've only seen them in this chart, then you would also be able to tell them apart. You might as well be saying all music in one genre all sounds identical or that all people of a certain race all look the same.

>sameface generic anime artsyle scares some people
This meme needs to stop. You are mistaking moe anime for common anime, and even so you are short.

You're blind.

>you can pick out details in character design that I can't recognize
>you're blind

>moe anime
Fuck off.

I can stick Louise in Toradora or and it might look slightly off but it wouldnt be anywhere near as off as if I put Kaiji or Panty and Stocking or GDGD fairies in there because the character design is basically the same
I didn't say there aren't details that make them different, but you're either blind or lying if you dont see how vastly similar most of them are.

What you're basically doing right now is telling me I'm crazy for say an alligator and a crocodile look similar, but they both looks very different from a snake. Unless you're going to tell me now crocodiles and alligators don't look similar at all because there are slight differences in their details.

>all asians look the same because they don't stand out among whites as well as blacks do
Not him but fuck off.