>the R2 release of the film includes an option to skip the rape scene

How is that sequel going, OP?

Slicing Simian

tfw

episodes 1 to 7 of texhnolyze

user has nothing to apologized for

Dumb frogposter poster

What happens, OP?

I found that it kinda makes more sense on the rewatch. I never put it together during my first watch but Riquinni is very obviously working as a prostitute on the side by that point in the story and the attempted rape is driven by Shiro breaking down over the revelation that the woman he was unhealthily clinging to as his last source of ''purity'' in such a complicated world was ''soiled'' by both fucking other men and being a hypocrite about her faith (in his eyes).
The younger girl's very emotionless response is also disturbing as fuck when you start to consider the implications of what it might mean about her past.

Her forgiving him can be read a lot of ways, and many of them link into the ending with Shiro looking down on Earth and praying for man's forgiveness despite his crimes.
I'm still not too sure what to make of it all, but after I looked up the director's commentary and listened to his discussion during the scene it occurred to me the dude is probably just sorta sexist given he's an old Jap dude and that colored it all, which is probably why it feels somewhat muddled to me - we just have differing values and social expectations for both of them.

Dude fucked up pretty bad not googling what was in the movie before screening it, that just seems like common sense. You don't even need a proper summary to at least check if there's anything NSFW.

Protagonist is severely depressed after becoming disillusioned with society in general, his role as an astronaut in the space race, the looming threat of war, and a lot else. The girl in the picture is a very religious and sweet girl he's befriended due to her admiration of him and started to cling to as a primary source of support, and in that scene while staying at her place he has a break down and tries to rape her while she undresses behind a room divider. She knocks him out with a vase, the next morning she forgives him unconditionally, and the movie moves on.

It is EXTREMELY jarring on the first watch and the exact reasons behind what its meant to mean, why he does it, and why she forgives him are controversial to say the least - and even just its inclusion is a point of contention for many normalfags.

Personally my take on it is this but I'd recommend watching it and deciding for yourself instead of taking my interpretation as gospel.

Bloody hell. Thanks for the explanation.

>320x189
Maximun Pleb for ants.

You made my night. My sides!

Yeah I'm pleb as fuck because I really didn't understand this scene outside of him just being sexually frustrated as fuck

She's ugly as hell, who would even want to rape her?

No prob.

The "from which side do you eat it" scene of Lucky Star is pure pleb filter.
but to be fair its probably funny if you're japanese and are accostumed to eating that

>but Riquinni is very obviously working as a prostitute on the side by that point
I didn't get this impression at all, why do you think this?

Forget it, I remembered the boot scene, I'm an idiot.

Bah, he stopped at the end so who cares.

I don't understand why it triggers so many people.
Can anyone explain why it's even an issue? To this day I don't understand what people don't instantly find relatable about talking about how you eat food with your friends unless of course they're loners who never talk to anyone and expected Lucky Star to be GAR

Because even if its relatable it isn't really funny

That doesn't explain why it assblasts people. Lots of shit ain't funny, but that scene in particular really throws people off the rails.

>I found that it kinda makes more sense on the rewatch. I never put it together during my first watch but Riquinni is very obviously working as a prostitute on the side by that point in the story and the attempted rape is driven by Shiro breaking down over the revelation that the woman he was unhealthily clinging to as his last source of ''purity'' in such a complicated world was ''soiled'' by both fucking other men and being a hypocrite about her faith (in his eyes).

I kinda figured it was more he wanted to be intimate with her but she refused him, due to her faith only for her to be giving it up to strangers for money.

In fact the conversation where he asks if she can "compromise" and she's like "the world is messed up because of people compromising" or something to that effect. Only do see her do just that. But she wasn't willing to "compromise" when it came to him.

>I kinda figured it was more he wanted to be intimate with her but she refused him, due to her faith only for her to be giving it up to strangers for money.
The guy was feeling like shit, just imagine.

I think what annoys most people is that it feels really drawn out, most watchers come to Lucky Star expecting anime parodies and cute girls doing cute things but instead they get 10 minutes of food. That's why its a pleb filter, anyone who doesn't have ADHD sticks to it.