Detective Conan

Here's a translated dump of the big latest file.

HERE WE GO

we've all seen this by now

come back soon Gosho ;_;

He is going to die before this is over, right?

>In today's episode, the genius scientist completely forgets about basic physics
Has Ai become a jobber?

Knew there was more to 219 than meets the eye. They revealed the boss in a throwaway kid case

Well shit, this nigga has a pretty cute fan.

What happened to the weekly release again? I heard he was hospitalized but that was a while back?

>the final boss is a jew
Who would da thunk?

Gosho's on break but he just wants to play Animal Crossing or something

Reminder that Carasuma is none other than Amakusa Shiro Tokisada

>Yuusaku joins
Conan's Party is too OP now, pls nerf

that guy is Rum isnt he

Karasuma Renya was first mentioned in The Gathering of the Great Detectives, File. #299-302.

Since then, nothing. But I must give credit where due, I've seen many on here theorize that he's the boss. And I'm super excited we finally have a name! But not only that, we have all three Rum suspects in action and Bourbon now being brought in. Things are getting spicy...just as we hiatus. But at least he left us on a high note.

Did that sushi guy really think he could pass off as a delivery man?
Food delivery people don't work for the restaurant but rather a separate company specializing in food delivery driving scooters around.

i thought Gosho once said that Renya is not the boss of BO or i am imagining it?

It's embarrassing.

>1008
just

Wait, is Kusaku implying Renya is alive?
Fucking how?

It's a small business japanese restaurant and not your fucking pizzahut.

Why is he still a shota after all these chapters, do you ever see his adult form?
I like mystery and crime shows, and Neuro was a nice manga with a similar premise, but conan just turns me off because of the shota detective, is it any good?

It's less not understand physics and more "how the fuck did she not know what that bird was?".

Yes he turned back into an adult a few chapters ago.

The pill.

He must be a young man now.

>do you ever see his adult form?
Sometimes.

Wow, is there any guide to read Detective conan Manga? i think i droped it like in chapter 200 or 300, i dont want to read too much filler, just important plot points and BO chapters.

You don't need a guide, read everything.
See how they just dropped the final boss of the manga out of a literally who case 700 chapters ago? Don't expect to hop around and get everything there is about DC.

There's a guide in the wiki
Don't listen to if you're like me and don't actually enjoy trying to solve mysteries you can still get enjoyment out of the better arcs and skip ahead to the important arcs and then move backwards if a minor arc had something happen.

The wiki has a manga guide? Or you just mean plot symbols?

I really hope the break isn't long. I'm hyped as fuck.

I really hope that the good guys lose / someone of value dies. There are more moles in the BO than actual members.

>Why is he still a shota after all these chapters
Because if they cure him back to being Shinichi full time, it's still probably not going to be very long until the Black Organization decides to go ahead and properly murder him to tie off loose ends and eliminate a threat.

>> Of course we're dating

wait what.
when did this happen

did you miss out on them having intimate sex a couple chapters ago?

These older cases were fantastic.

oh yeah, the case where nips went murderously insane because they smoked some weed

At times like this make want to read all chapters since beginning again.

It's worth it. It's interesting, she states that the Karasuma family died out.

Wasn't she Kid in disguise? The story might have been a fake.

No, Kid was Kogoro.

chapter 1000

>tfw Gosho wanted to reveal the boss's name before he died

You know, he had been planning the reveal for over a year now, ever since the Haneda Kouji case.

He's taken so many breaks this year. At least it wasn't because he wanted to play Animal Crossing.

>overdoing myself
Right.

>Ippo gets brain damage and retires
>Conan discovers the identity of the leader of the BO

Holy fuck, what is happening.

Even if it's supposed to spell Carasuma why did Asaka flee and never show up again? That does not solve the original case or give any new information. In addition, how did nobody figure that shit out in years. If you put the letters into hiragana there are only so many combinations. Carasuma would probably be guessed before asaka rum

Sera is an overrated smelly boy.

Hi, im someone that has never read Conan. is there actually mystery in this manga or is it more of like a japanese Scooby Doo? Would I enjoy it if I like Agatha Christie books? Can I deduce who is the culprit before the answer is given to me?

The overall story contains some mystery elements. It's not really Scooby-Doo but figuring out most cases is almost impossible. It's doable though.

> is there actually mystery in this manga or is it more of like a japanese Scooby Doo?

It's an actual mystery series

> Would I enjoy it if I like Agatha Christie books?

Maybe

>Can I deduce who is the culprit before the answer is given to me?

There's like 300 cases, in some it's totally doable, in some it's impossible, in some it's totally possible if you're japanese and catch the obscure japanese cultural reference or solve the japanese riddles but completely impossible for filthy gaijins.

>implying
I took optics 101. I sure as hell didn't see any premed students in there.

So if Haneda is on the apotoxin list and Amanda's cause of the death is unknown how actually did the cutting glass trick? It should have killed instantly.

Cases are solvable if you're observant and creative enough.
Some require obscure and/or cultural knowledge to understand the clues' meanings before it's explained in the climax. Sometimes the methods are completely insane and no one would ever figure it out.

>is there actually mystery in this manga or is it more of like a japanese Scooby Doo?
No, it's nothing like Scooby Doo. These are real murder mysteries.

>Would I enjoy it if I like Agatha Christie books?
Absolutely. Gosho HEAVILY draws from Christie. In fact, Christie is clearly the primary influence, particularly for the first 30 or 40 volumes.

>Can I deduce who is the culprit before the answer is given to me?
It depends on the case. Some of them you can guess, if you're clever or knowledgeable about detective tropes and science. Others use retarded kanji wordplay that are impossible for Westerners to figure out. And some of them are just plain stupid.

is it time to get back into conan?

>And some of them are just plain stupid.

What's your personal favourite "fucking retarded" case, the one where a guy faked a murder using four ipads glued to a door or the one where a guy got rid of a body via sticking it in a giant wheel of ice then rolling it away so it would melt and leave no trace of how he got there

At least these make sense. I remember some early cases which rely purely on luck and coincidence. The one with the man murdering his wife on a home trainer with knifes hidden in books with fishing strings was pretty retarded if I recall correctly

Probably the vampire mansion, where the murder victim pretended to be a vampire so his maid could murder a bunch of people and use vampirism an an excuse.

>The one with the man murdering his wife on a home trainer with knifes hidden in books with fishing strings was pretty retarded if I recall correctly
That was still a good case to read for the character interaction, though. It was one of the earliest Metropolitan Police Love Stories, and it was the first one where the officers got to see how smart Conan was.

Where did it say that death from Apotoxin was instantaneous?

that was a made up story

Fucking finally.
I have waited for this moment.

Oh yeah right. That wasn't the problem but the murder plan was pretty dumb. It doesn't even happen that often but a couple of cases were not really satisfying because of the sheer ridiculousness of the murderer.

I judged that from Shinichi's and Haibara's reaction to the drug. I'd assume that the shrinking process probably takes longer than the intended death. It would make sense to be a potent poison

Now that I think about it, of course the author is dying. The frequent breaks, as well as letting assistants draw pretty much everything, it all fits.

How poisoned him ? Will it ever be revealed ?

>implying the author isn't being a shitmonger trying to make his death a mystery drama for people to figure out.

Its funny that their phone changed over time.

Well it was in a '00 numbered chapter. It ought to be important.

In 1000 chapters.

"is not my fault if my author use the same face again and again."

after so many years...

>smart men on conan side:
-Conan
-Akai
-Amuro
-Yusaku

>Black Organization:
-Gin

kek

Ha ha, what the fuck are you idiots talking about? Conan has contacts in
>the Metropolitan Tokyo Police Force
>the FBI
>the CIA
>the PSB
>virtually every prefectural police force in Japan
>the fucking Black Organization itself
as well has having access to
>the world's greatest jewel thief
>two world-class disguise artists
>half-a-dozen detectives as sharp as he is
>a genius inventor
>a rich guy with unlimited funds
>several celebrities, both domestically and abroad
The odds stopped being fair about 50 chapters ago. Conan could blow the Black Organization the fuck out whenever he wants to.

To be fair Gin is the smartest and most competent character in the manga, by a wide margin. The black organisation doesn't even need other henchmen.

>the guy who always lose to Shuichi "silver bullet" Akai
>most competent in the manga

are we finally reaching end game?

Either illness or personal matters like affair.

Remember that Oh My Goddess started before Detective Conan and Japanese people figured out the reason why Oh My Goddess ended.

The same month it ended was when the author's affair with that cosplayer started getting leaked.

Turns out the author tried to make a real life harem but now he's getting sued.

Conan's mother and father are too hax.

The moment Conan's dad said he would help, the story was over.

Shiho is too good for Shinichi. That's why she should stay a child and /ll/ with Ayumi instead.

Shiho is for Akai-san, dummy.

Oh fuck, he's playing a togashi card

Wincest

But Akai fucked Akemi. Also she needs a more child-like, innocent person, just like how Shinichi needs someone that isn't involved with BO/detective shit.

Shuuichi will end up with Jodie, and Ai will be married to Mitsuhiko in a timeskip.

>Uglyhiko
Ew. Also Ayumi is the only one who can call her Ai-chan.