What did she mean by this?

What did she mean by this?

Not anime. Fuck off.

not OP but the comic is mango

That she didn't like the manga.

What did we do to deserve this? Why won't they leave us alone

I can't remember a single thread that started with a twitter screencap that wasn't pure shitposting.

>Alita, known in Japan as Gally (ガリィ Garī)
Interesting.

Please take your Twitter drama posting somewhere else. It isn't welcome here.

They're coming for your cartoons and comics.

Hold on to your butts.

>literally STRONK INVINCIBEL BUTIFEL WOMAN
>misogynist

So the original name was Gunnm.. Yeah Battle Angel actually sounds a lot cooler, I always thought Alita was supposed to be a refrence to elite (elite-ah?) or somethin

They can open doors

>Twitter drama
>thread template for retards #17
Fuck off to Sup Forums

watching the original OVA was jarring because they call her that

>Alita no doubt thinking of Lolita

How does Sup Forums do it? Even with all it's flaws it still manages to maintain a level of quality far above the other media boards.

What did the mods mean by this?

You'd think someone who translates manga for living would have some art sense. That icon is digusting.

maybe it has significance

like the dude drawing over Spike on that wall

Kemono Friend's director being fired unleashed chaos both in and out of Japanese internet.

Who cares? The nips will literally never care what some roasties on twitter have to say. I don't get why you people don't just ignore them

Fuck off, Sup Forums

wtf i hate alita now

It's weird because it's by Est Em who draws stuff like pic related. The literal smiley face mouth and little experience drawing middle aged anglos doesn't help.

Just checked that board for the first time in ten years and it's in an even worse state than I expected.

Literally autism, the weaponized kind.

Pretty sure she meant get the fuck out you retarded faggot, this isn't Sup Forums

>In 1997, she moved to Kyoto and began teaching at Kyoto Seika University. In 1998, she began work on creating a "department of story manga" for the university, and in 2000 she became a permanent, full-time associate professor in the newly created program. In Japanese, she's written columns forDokushojin,The Japan Times Weekly ST, andKyoto Newspaper.

>she

That doesn't change what I said

Her students will care.
And her students are nips.
So yeah, it doesn't change what you said but it disproves it and you're wrong and dumb.

Is this the liberal dream? Convince a university to fund your sham department using taxpayer money?

Most manga author don't even go to college aside from a few.

Sci-fi manga authors usually have STEM backgrounds.

>twitter screencap thread

Ok, get back to me when all the "pedophilic" and "misogynist" anime and manga go away

>Fred Burke and Sterling did the "rewrite".
>scanlation shitposting still rings true with translators of official publishing companies

How is this thread still alive?
At least it's auto-saging, but fucking hell just delete it already.

Yeah, don't handle cancer like this OP with kid gloves you fucking unqualified mods. It only deserves death.

You have no clue.

They're prepping us for next year when twitter screencaps and kotaku articles are approved on Sup Forums.

>actual strong female characters
>story of mc maturing in the world by harsh experiences
>story is basically alita fighting for her freedom and agency
Obviously it's totes misogynistic and pedophilic

this better be bait

stop writing in the third person, retard.

To me putting a thread on autosage has always seemed like choking someone to death with a pillow. Like a bit of a mercy killing, no blood, no pain, just "please stop stuggling so much, you're making it harder".

A translation drama thread started with a twitter screencap deserves a public hanging, I think.

I wonder if they have implemented Shadowbans.

They could also make undesirable Threads invisible in the Archive-Index and the catalog.

no Shadowbans on Sup Forums. its something really easy to test anyway so if they existed, people would already know for a long time.
Gotta go to reddit to get that level of bullshit

You could shadowban threads from the catalog for new users after a specified time period of having the cookies to prevent easy incognito detection.

You could also avoid shadowbanning threads they have already visited. Could all be implemented in JavaScript.

From what I can perceive, forget shadowbans, they just don't ban remotely hard enough period.

It seems they don't ban for "sauce" posts, only warn if anything (sometimes nothing happens when I report them). There are more saucefags than ever these days and they are not only shameless, but actually fighting back against no spoon-feeding/no recs when called out. They need a fucking ban to take it seriously.

They also give 1 or 3 days for all sorts of fucking immense bullshit. They need to go back to 1-2 weeks. People think of 1 day as a slap on the wrist and generally give no fucks about being warned.

Mods also are way too nice to endless shonen threads. They should only be allowed unfettered discussion for 2-3 days after a new chapter/episode and then choked back. They still unashamedly are 24/7/365 generals, the worst on the board and yet random far-less-cancerous material got hit harder.

Why is this thread autosaged and not straight deleted?