How is your country represented in anime?

How is your country represented in anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/smwoyu.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=SsKp4sITALc
youtube.com/watch?v=_0dTG1_x-K8
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/UsefulNotes/KoreansInJapan?from=UsefulNotes.NoKoreansInJapan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Inconsistently.

Blonde hair blue eyed christian Gods.

>tfw I'm actually just a fucking beaner

>tfw currently posting from a room visible in that image

Cant tell anymore. We are basically taken as inspiration for anything with a medieval setting, most foreigner usually have names that originate from out language, there a shit ton of anime that are about, or at least somewhat related to the wars we fought and I dont remember us ever truly being portrayed as the bad guys. Its also a fact that we are the most commonly referenced foreigners in all of anime. What country am I from?

about as well as i could have hoped, considering

Their Japanese, though.
They just like cosplay and burgers.

With sombreros and tacos

i was talking about the c-5m behind them

China

Was Switzerland ever depicted in an anime other than heidi?

Heidi's depiction of us was pretty fucking spot on, and it used to air in German when I was young

No. Didn't think it was actually possible to get this wrong.

Australia?

they were spics right?

UK

Russia?

In the credits.
South Korean here

Germany?

That can't be Toronto, everyone in that image is white.

> taken as inspiration for anything with a medieval setting
uk
>most foreigner usually have names that originate from out language
hebrew
>there a shit ton of anime that are about, or at least somewhat related to the wars we fought
china
> I dont remember us ever truly being portrayed as the bad guys
germany
>most commonly referenced foreigners in all of anime
usa

Only example I can think of is edge lord from Gundam 00.
Where am I from?

Like this. White (or blonde) hair is a must, very often with blue eyes. Will usually basically just be entirely Japanese (even without an accent), the only thing giving away their origin is the inevitable backstory and the random foreign word thrown into their speech.

Kazakhstan, probably, but most characters from 00 are edge lords.

You have to be high to thinl that us or uk tick those boxes. Or you simply have only watched like a handful of shows.

By gay figure skaters. so pretty accurate.

I think we made an appearance in gay swimming 2

im sorry nobody cares about your shit country

Correct, and fair point.
You know of any other shows that depict kz? Apparently Yuri on ice has one.

Said the filthy anglo.

Oh shit im like 30 mins from this. Pretty nice place by the way. The rink that is not the city.

toon with weird name

Has Australia ever been respresented?

Every single one of those boxes is ticked by Germany, outside of the names, probably. Almost every single anime with a fanatsy setting references central european architecture, even The Rabbits are technically German, doesnt matter that the town had been handed to the French after WW2. No idea why you'd think it's Britain. As far as the amount of characters goes the US probably clutches it, but in regards to overall references theres no way. You need to consider that every single fantasy anime like SnK is basically Germany. Not even gonna start on all the third reich references.

Yeah, usually with a big crater.

Otoyomegatari - not modern Kazakhstan, though, but mix of different Central Asia cultures. Mostly Uzbek, but some Kazakh there too

Sabagebu and Free had a few eps set in aus

They're the one redeeming part of the show.

We were presented as really chill in Free

Talk's cheap, prove it nerd.

As champions

We were in Charlotte, and other than the car steering wheel being on the wrong side of the car, the depiction was very accurate.

It's not, really

>retcons

Hey, not only homo skating! Inmate rabbits too

>Russian prisoners
>Not gay
Pick one.

That place with the funny animals Hoozuki takes a vacation in.

Not quite what I tend to pick up, but seems pretty interesting. Hope theres some dombra filler in there. Thanks for the information!

my.mixtape.moe/smwoyu.jpg

youtube.com/watch?v=SsKp4sITALc

The Aussie voice actors are top notch.

Welp.

not brown enough

Go to the ice rink with a timestamp

Posted the guy from a country with 60% white people. Really makes you think

i'm actually posting from germany :^)

The city was French this 16XX and was only german between 1870 and 1918. It wasn't handed (back) to the French after WW2 but after WW1. If you're just talking about the architecture, you will be interested to learn that it's not exclusive to germany as Normandy, and the center of France have this kind of architecture too.

>hes this retarded

>Almost every single anime with a fanatsy setting references central european architecture, even The Rabbits are technically German, doesnt matter that the town had been handed to the French after WW2. No idea why you'd think it's Britain.
The Arthurian meme.

Lesbians, mostly.

And it's true

How did I know it was Finland before even looking at the picture?

Not him, but that rink is literally just in front of Toronto city hall. If you've had the (mis)fortune of living in proximity to the city, there's no way you've never been there.

As the place where they created Mewtwo, or as the exotic place with the big stone faces, or as the place of birth of scylla eo from saint seiya
we haven't been represented too much

MURICA

Pretty much on spot

Probably the only time us firecrotches have ever been portrayed decently in Gundam. Or anime, after Yamakan's failure.

noice

They don't realize our slums look much, much, much worse than this.

Read pic related. No anime, but the Swiss are presented as hardcore motherfuckers, and the whole plot revolves around them.

There's Hetalia, with the human version of each country.
And also Christophe Giacometti from Yuri on ice.

I've never really seen Austria represented, most of the time it's Germany only.

Very weirdly.

Which is a shame. Austria is beatiful and you are more fun than germans.

I need to read this now

56% face

I would not be surprised at all if you were a native German, posting that cynically.

Thank you. I'd like to think the same.
refer to

Its crazy how 90% of the time someone says something bad online about germans it turns out to be a german.

I see my country pretty often, but I have never seen anyone with the same ethnicity.

They have guilt trip and cuck mentality hammered on since birth for some generations due being the big bad some decades ago so it's just expected

I guess. I just know to see other countries hate germans is the main reason I go to Sup Forums and Sup Forums

Like americans, though without the exaggerated arrogance and always displaying a maple leaf somewhere. Its pretty accurate as many people from my country often display the maple leaf when travelling in other countries and are mistaken as americans at first.

This image always gets posted as a joke, but Pegasus was American. If he owned the island of duelist kingdom, doesn't that kind of mean they actually were in America?

As an arrogant prince who is the comedy relief of the show

youtube.com/watch?v=_0dTG1_x-K8

Its always the Merlion

We don't even feel that the Merlion is so important here though, its a mostly tourist attraction. The japanese seem to love it so yeah.

Well...

Looks good to me

...not entirely positively I guess...

...but there may be some exceptions.

An Army of sea creature robots whose space station is a whale. Denmark certainly is a lot more lively in Anime

True patriotism right here.

Briefly. And the sign saying "PUB" is just an insult.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/UsefulNotes/KoreansInJapan?from=UsefulNotes.NoKoreansInJapan

haha

Seriously tho, why are we always presented as imperialists?
We only had 3 empires...

Mostly do to the whole World War thing.

Pyromaniac conquistador.