How tf did a group of dirt poor Israelites conquer the mighty Romans with Christianity and make the Hellenic gods...

How tf did a group of dirt poor Israelites conquer the mighty Romans with Christianity and make the Hellenic gods obsolete?

Attached: efecto-halo-tridente.jpg (927x933, 259K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HS0WSEuousE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Christianity also has elements of Zoroastrianism and Mithraism.

The Greeks themselves had made the old gods obsolete with their philosophy. There can only be one God. Christianity arrived at literally the perfect moment.

JoyofSatan.org

Attached: stronk pagan europe.png (500x397, 114K)

Christianity was invented by Roman government conspirators working with Jewish defectors like Josephus during the Jewish uprisings as a messianic slave religion for its subjects and to quell the Jewish revolts, designed from the ground up to be universally attractive for everyone from the Germanic tribes to Africans

"render unto Caesar what is Caesars"

The Romans made the mistake of allowing conquered groups to keep and practice their own religions.

the jews are the greeks

Lions are harder to control than sheep.

youtube.com/watch?v=HS0WSEuousE

They didn’t. The living Word of Truth did.

The pantheon's drew sticks to determine the winner for the next 5000 years.

Magic. Some kike kaballist whipped up a sparkly in the sky. That and some subtle charms made Constantine cuckoo for kiko puffs.

The Jews were decimated after the last of the revolts. They weren't much of a threat. A better explanation is simply that jesus' use of familiar elements allowed his ideas to spread easily amongst both groups. He borrowed from Mithraism which was familiar to soldiers and Zoroastrian ideas which had influenced both Judaism and Mithraism at times.

Kabbalah really takes years to formalize after the destruction of the temple.

>This
Romans had already undermined themselves by becoming huge greekaboos. So they imported loads of Greeks so they could build an empire 'like Alexander did'. Which is hilarious when one considered that Alexander's empire collapsed faster than a sandcastle on the sun.

But, I digress.. so, being huge grecaboos they imported loads of greek intellectuals as house slaves and tutors to educate the the wealthy children. The Romans became so obsessed with being 'we was greek' that they work hard to bind their empire together by drawing parallels between as many cultures pantheons and the greek one as possible (starting with their own of course, which wasn't a huge stretch.)

Problem is, the further they strayed outward the more they found that they couldn't draw parallels with everything (gaulish gods were particularly difficult for them to draw parralels with), the more they learned from the greeks the more they learned that there couldn't be a single but MULTIPLE competing pantheons (even within the same cultures like the Egyptians in particular) and even entirely alternative philosophies like atheism, monotheism (actually already popular in greece due to certain philosophical sects), mathematical occultism, early rough drafts of evolution, weird indian shit drifting in along the parthian trade routes, ect.

TLDR: They tried to become an already dead culture/ideal, and were surprised to learn they had successful died. So of course they jumped at the promise of 'resurrection of the spirit and the flesh.'

T-that's what (((th-
Fuck it, it was just a joke, man.

>TLDR: They tried to become an already dead culture/ideal
Sounds like the Nazis.

Are you calling me autistic?

Why would I need to do that? I love you, Billy.

Because jews are the master race.

So, the Romans intended to expand their empire outside of Europe by drawing similarities to foreign cultures?

>burning something down is the equivalent of building something up from scratch
ok

The less hostile and the more urban the enviroment the more vulnerable it is to corruption. Eastern roman empire was the epitome of unhostile and urban enviroment. So paganism back then became so corrupted that the gateway drug to christianity (uncorrupted hellenic paganism with christian names) had huge effect. Remember that back then christianity was 90% paganism and 10% christianity.

It's no coincidence christianity took hold near the end of the greco-roman cicle. The Greco-Roman world had already degenerated and fell prey to one of the major plebeian cults that was sweeping over from the orient. It must have felt a lot like today.

Attached: 1452098840535.jpg (800x2533, 1018K)

Because they had been Hellenized for some time already, and the Aristotelian view that permeated Roman thought was begging for one God to answer the questions it posed.

Holy shit, don't take what that guy says as serious. The Romans brought in the Greeks because, as far as the Romans knew, they lived the best lives and had the best cities of antiquity. I have read Caesars commentaries and he doesn't try to link the fucking Gauls to Romans through their pantheon. I have read a lot of Romans writings and they didn't care that much for gods (the famous Romans whose writings we have at least) it was more about culture and mortailty and, from what I can discern, not about spirituality or culturalization of foreigners. That's just stupid Jew shit and the Romans, as a whole, pretty much disposed the Jews.

Other way around, they expanded mostly through military might, then became obligated to use multiculturalism as a bridge to forming the common 'imperial culture'. They couldn't just commit genocide everywhere they went, otherwise people would learn and every siege would be a massada.

Thus they had to convert huge masses of outsiders into 'cultural Romans' (they'd already done an early prototype of this to unify Italy, previously roman citizenship was exclusive to the city state.) Forcefully coercing people to blend into a foreign and aggressive conqueror is difficult, unless, you can make them believe that you and they already were 'basically the same' and there's no point in preserving your culture over adopting their more universal cultural currency.

Unfortunately, Rome vastly underestimated the number of cultures, and the weakness of the exact cultural model they were trying to universalize. They build endless roads to send countless armies out of Rome into the world, secure in their own vision to reshape the world as rome, never imagining that those roads would lead all the world into Rome, and the world would reshape them.

Despised

I didn't say they tried linking the Gauls to the Romans, I said they were actually incapable of doing so despite their best efforts.

The Romans didnd't even know what to make of Gaulish gods and moreso of all these weird ideas streaming out of the east like Mitraism because every time they ran into a foreign pantheon they basically tried their best describe the god as 'the egyptian mars who is said in those lands to have the head of an eagle, ect, ect' and that became increasingly difficult to do the more people they integrated.

> I have read a lot of Romans writings and they didn't care that much for gods (the famous Romans whose writings we have at least

The thoughts of the detached upper classes have never been a good indicator of a culture's overall philosophy and religious beliefs. It is the plebians who make up the muscle and soul of a nation, and when THEY become disillusioned en mass or shift their ideals is when you start having societal breakdown. Elites can generally be historically dismissed as having always been some level of deviance or corruption from their mother culture.