Hollyweird Crashes Bigly. Down 28%

hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-hollywood-suffers-worst-march-downturn-memory-1097200
archive.li/bW7Ek

With less than a week to go, Hollywood's major March releases have failed to bloom at the North American box office, triggering the worst year-over-year decline for the month in recent memory.

March revenue through Sunday was an estimated $722.5 million, a 28 percent decline from the same time period last year ($997.3 million), according to comScore.

The last hope for redemption is Steven Spielberg's pricey Ready Player One, which Warner Bros. and Amblin Entertainment open in theaters Thursday, the eve of Easter weekend. While this year's crop of March titles are still in the heart of their runs, they won't match those numbers, considering not one title has come close to hitting $100 million. And without carryover revenue from February's Black Panther — as in $200 million-plus — the situation would be even worse. Disney's A Wrinkle in Time, which opened March 9, also has underwhelmed in a major way. The Ava DuVernay-directed family film has earned $73.9 million to date domestically, and could have trouble getting to $100 million.

Attached: 2487_d028_00076_grd_copy_-_h_2018.jpg (928x523, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

davidpratt.info/tibet-hol.htm
archive.org/details/CIA-RDP96-00788R001700210016-5
youtube.com/watch?v=g-MteECxZUY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who the fuck is still watching Hollywood's shit? And why?

Fuck hollywood. Haven't watched a new movie in almost 2 years.

Soon movies will be nothing but capeshit.
I actually enjoy some of them but they are starting to drift in to nigger worship and stronk womyn now so I'm losing interest.
I'd have gone and seen the new Pacific Rim film if the trailer didn't have that ugly Star Wars negro in it.
I'm not paying £15 for 90 minutes of watching some gorilla looking motherfucker shuck and jive.

>CGI rollercoasters are unwatchable
>plots being dumbed down for near a decade to pander to foreign sheckles
>diversity and equality agenda pushed in blatant, hamfisted ways
>destruction of male-targeted brands to pander to female bux
>hollywood perversions coming to light
>theaters are overpriced zoos and have only gotten worse
>online competition on my comfy house with sourround sound, snacks, beer and a 42-inch oled

BURN! BUUUUUUUUUURN!

Attached: 1522011639496.png (441x508, 417K)

>shuck and jive.
kek

bumpg

>The last hope for redemption is Steven Spielberg's pricey Ready Player One
ahahahahaha

wew

>The last hope for redemption is Steven Spielberg's pricey Ready Player One
They're fucked.

There are only a handful of films that I will be watching this year. I've reduced a number of them due to the over politicization, le feminization, le skronk women, pc, and sjw ideology being far too pronounced. I pay to be inspired, laugh, and think about something beyond the current condition of the world not be further brainwashed w/ brainlet/pleb tier propaganda. Box office is going to continue to perform like shit until they get their act together and drop the bullshit.

Good, maybe they'll start experimenting and giving jobs to people with talent and unconventional ideas.

Attached: 1519785024173.jpg (1560x1197, 1.06M)

Yep, I was excited about it a year ago when it was announced but it looks like soyboy le female strong pandering populist bullshit... Dumb shit male in surch of purpose runs into le skronk women and leads him to redemption or some shit? drop the female horseshit.. project strong male prototypes and elevate the themes of the movie beyond pop culture. Tron was likely 10x more than what ready player one will be.

Need source sauce on picture user.

start studying hermetical texts.

They churn out low-effort movies for years and are then surprised when we stop going to see them. Case in point: Star Wars Episodes 7 & 8 were both mediocre.

SOURCE SAUCE ! I am already into such texts. I just need source on pic. Don't make me beg nigga

Attached: 1520887548917.jpg (480x724, 136K)

>Oy Vey! Goyim stopped paying us for shitting into their heads, it's like annuda shoah!

davidpratt.info/tibet-hol.htm

Star-Wars Last Jedi was actually the last straw for me. I threw tons of movie considerations I had for 2018 and the future into the trash because of it. I absolutely ruled out ever watching another Star-Wars movie or capeshit movie especially from Marvel. Maybe DC if they get back to the flavor of Batman vs. Superman. Ready player one got nixxed once I saw the soyboy trailer. Pic from Op got dropped... There are a number of great TV shows I'm watching this year but only a handful of movies.. Refuse to watch populist pleb tier trash anymore

In the end I think all of the Black Panther hype worked to our advantage. Now that they have that big blockbuster under their belts, it will be harder for them to cry rayciss whenever their mediocrity doesn't perform at the box office
Case in point: Wrinkle in time

Have you seen an ad for that garbage player one movie or whatever?

Feels like it's everywhere, why are they pushing that so hard?

There's been talk in the Schneider/Pedowood threads for some time that Spielberg is the capstone of that entire corrupt industry, and that it can never truly fall so long as he remains a living legend.

Are they right, Sup Forums? Is that really the source of the rot?

Attached: image.jpg (700x502, 66K)

>Ready player one
Redpill me on this, please.
Recently read how some untermenschen called it sexist and racist because of implied in story exclusive meritocratic culture and gods know what else.
Is the movie really that based?

Attached: 1522284127577.jpg (682x1024, 141K)

THANK YOU BASED user

Attached: thank_you_anon.gif (265x200, 941K)

Jews and nogs reaping what they sow. No surprises here. Tell me something new

>42''
A 60"+ is easily afforded.

Movie theaters are a joke

>vrchat, da movie!

Bring shit like Borat back to the cinemas and I might go to watch it.
Another Hollywood “action-movie” that is full of SJW morale?
No thanks.

>pacific rim 2
> literally like 3 white men
> incompetent scientist thats too stupid to realize whats going on unti too late
> evil two face prick
> good guy who is a tight up asshole, who gets a nod from the diversity crew by "getting out of your way" and "punching the nazi"

Fucking identity politics ruining everything

>failed to bloom at the North American box office
Read that as Nigger American

the book was fantastic i read it twice

>stopped paying us for shitting into their heads,
That is a good fucking line.

Attached: 8bd160db65f8e45720eabb8eb6fb79e3d1569f0fecba9a18461fc31ad33313bc.png (210x304, 101K)

>42"
Amateur.

I want to read the book but your leaf is making me second guess my desire.

No, and fuck your conspiracies.

Keep diggin nigguh

archive.org/details/CIA-RDP96-00788R001700210016-5

Attached: 1520104676950.jpg (1638x2048, 350K)

Let it.. they'll be bankrupt sooner rather than later as a result. Not going to see a single one of these shit films and it seems like even normies are getting tired of it.

kek

>(((hollywood)))
tfw: the goyim know

Urban normies

I think it is only a matter of time before people with a few thousand bucks and free time start making good movies themselves and put them on places like YouTube or Netflix. They won't do it to make billions, just to make enough to keep making movies, because they enjoy doing it. Once this catches on, Hollywood is done.

Hmmm, what's your interp user? you believe this to be hollow earth or something else?

RP1 is gonna crush it. 9 figure weekend, im calling it.

>tfw pirating and seeding all new kikewood movies
HAHAHAHA! LET THE PROFITS BUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRNNN!

Attached: 1519490006617.gif (400x300, 2.23M)

When does Michael Mann having something new coming out?

Wont change my decision not to watch it.
Forgot when this shit was even coming out.
Also, no one owns VR because its currently a gimmick

Maybe they should make actual good movies instead of poorly written CGI pop-culture garbage.

Attached: 1435616408604.gif (360x207, 1.94M)

Breh, don't tell me you believe in hollow earth. I'm scared to click on the archive.org link. Can you give me a quick run down?

I've been sitting here looking any way to give the movies my money but the only thing they've released this year is some retarded fan fic targeted toward black people

Setting aside the anti-white plots..has anyone noticed modern movies have rushed pacing and massive plot holes? Is it me or are movies being made for people with ADHD?

ye no shit they oversaturated the market with capeshit for years

There's a lesbian in it, duh!

EXCEPT —-the international box office is the largest it has ever been. Record revenues and record profits for Hollywood. Like I so many other things, America really doesn’t matter. Not even to Hollywood.

This

Why sell your script to Hollyjew for a few shekels and watch them fuck it it up when you can get the equipment and software relatively cheap, especially if spread out over a few friends, and make something good that people will enjoy without all the forced diversity and cultural marxism.

It's being made for plebs who have nothing in their brains so need constant stimulation and hand holding.
> people with ADHD
Yes, minds that are unable to drift internally or be challenged and drawn into deeper plots.

This shift happened many years ago though. Maybe 1-3 gems a year are produced.

Book was boring trash. Main character is annoying, his friend is a strong black lesbian womyn pretending to be a man online because of sexist pigs. There's also two Japanese guys, but one commits sepuku.

Th8s is the authors car and it's what the main character drives in the book.

Attached: Classic-Game-Fest-2017-28.jpg (4032x3024, 1.74M)

Brainlets want to LARP as things they'll never be... Huge crowds

This

I already got to 2 scripts I made. The problem is I don't know how to make a movie. What type of camera, audio ECT.

Attached: download.jpg (297x170, 6K)

Only redditors will watch Ready Player One.

Yeah. I thought the book was o.k., but it looks like they are ruining the nostalgia element. Like, I doubt that they will include the Wargames scene and there was no fucking Iron Giant in the book. It was a Japanese robot.

It's a monitor no bully pls

Attached: 1521936401897.png (1063x663, 1.36M)

Correct on both observations

Attached: 1522150009649.jpg (807x453, 104K)

Seems like we're progressing as a human race. Less work, more entertainment.

I really enjoyed the first Pacific Rim. When I saw the sequel was starring John Boyega, I raged.

I would've watched it if not for the choice of trailer music. Clearly they aren't paying homage to anime anymore.

>people don't like being preached at even when they agree with the message
>they increasingly don't agree with the message
>hollywood keeps preaching

you can have wealth or you can have your propaganda. apprantly hollywood is picking propaganda.

but the market is a force, and it cries out for people who care more about making money then letting their valuable art become worth less with hollywoods propaganda infusions.

and so good movies will be made at some point, outside the system. but wait, there's a monopoly on the movie theatres and what gets shown there. oh well. the market will find a way. only so many leaks you can plug before the ship sinks

I'm going to go see it :)

not hollow earth, expanding earth. I think it has a pulse as does all things in life.

>Project Stargate
Mostly unrelated

Quick, add more niggers and trannies.

Black user here.. Same, namely because he's a try hard actor who I feel has no acting talent. He always seems out of place in his films and co-medically excited to have been chosen. He's abnoxious in this way in all of his roles. However, I can see why sjw/pc hollywood picked him. Too bad its an epic failure in my mind with anything he touches. The 1st Pac Rim was awesome though. The best films are when the ethnicity of the characters isn't even noticed. The plot of such films and the personalities of the characters is far more interesting.

Theater tickets alone cost as much as a blu-ray/digital release. Why the fuck would I want to pay $20 to have jewish propaganda shoved down my throat?

Very well put user.
>people don't like being preached at even when they agree with the message
>they increasingly don't agree with the message
>hollywood keeps preaching

>tfw hollywood crashes due to lack of transgenders and other types of degenerates and not enough racemixing in movies

Attached: 1514163519049.jpg (466x508, 63K)

Thank you for the quick rundown on the archive.org link.. Yeah, I read a little about that before. Anyway, thank you very much for source sauce. I have a different interpret but its good to read interesting theories.

Even with Hollywood accounting, they're gonna run out of budget inevitably, right?

Why couldn't they just have Idris Elba be the black guy again? Boyega's just ugly and annoying.

The Matrix falters.

Good.

if you're not afraid of far out theories look up the bock saga. Really interesting stuff.

Who's going out to see I Can Only Imagine this weekend? Make sure you pay full ticket price

Ask Steven Spielberg what happened to Heather O'rourke.

How does a 12 year old girl get intestinal tearing on a movie set, Steve? I will never give these satanic pedo kikes another cent.

Especially if you consider how easy it is to make quality stuff nowadays, I mean, look at this 40k fan film!

youtube.com/watch?v=g-MteECxZUY

Everything in it is top notch.

>being on Sup Forums
>"fuck conspiracies"
Y so mad tho

Attached: image.png (575x438, 169K)

B-movies have always been a thing. Most of them are going to be garbage and the few good ones won't get enough publicity.

THIS. I think a lot of people on this board don't quite understand. I dunno if it's cause you're neets or don't hang around normies, but it's really so true. They're entertained by anything Hollywood. They're the people the formula works for. They're simple. It works. They know what they're watching aren't incredible 10/10 masterpieces, they don't care.

Fuck Hollywood.

Some people already do.
I know a charity production house for literal autismos that lets them make 2-minute shorts with any topic of their choosing, or however long they dare.
Only trouble is that the involved normies and experienced film people are apocalyptic lefties.

Then there's James Rolfe with his AVGN movie as an example of such a project.
Mind you, it's just the one.

This is what I'm trying to find info on. I need the quick rundown on the accusations against Spielberg and whether there's any credibility to them, or at least solid basis for suspicion.

Attached: image.jpg (882x731, 134K)

The real good shit will probably be bought and exploited, but that will encourage others to make more independent stuff. Not all YouTubers are super rich, but there are a lot that make enough to live off of it.

>most Hollywood takes are 30 seconds
>some of Hitchcock's takes were 30 minutes
Oh how we have fallen

>Gorilla boy is meant to be Marshall Pentecost's son but wasn't mentioned once in the first film or the comic.
Typical black dad. lmao.
Power Rim/Pacific Rangers looks like shit and not just because of the nigger. I saw the 1st one 3 times with my son, we fucking loved it. Neither of us are interested in seeing this one. Even my 12 year olds said teenagers saving the world is dumb.
Also where are my fucking mecha-kaiju?!

How could this happen

Attached: Pacific oof.png (1000x981, 1.58M)

That’s why you’ll never make a successful movie. VFS grad here working in the industry (deadpool crew credit, among others). The cost of even a sucessful short (using rented cams and talent/crew/post of school friends that are professional and will work for craft services, credit, and beer), that comes to an acceptable quality runs past $20k. I have friends making Indy feature length and basic costs, before any basic social media and film fest marketing runs $500k. Don’t know how to finance? Think a producer is going to do it for free? distribution and back end and rights?

You tubers and celebs only make money because they’re putting up cheap content constantly. Low cost, high volume, aggregated micro-transaction revenues. That model doesn’t work for any real storytelling. Everyone wants it free, won’t pay.

Occasionally an Indy viral may pop up. They might make a bit of cash. But there’s more Indy filmmakers around today, making quality projects, doing it just for reels and satisfaction and the hope of exposure, than ever before. The idea of a “Clerks” or “new Tarantino” is as dead as the 90s and Cobain

I was sorta into seeing A Wrinkle in Time but then Oprah got involved and they BLACKED the main character so i didn't

>Also where are my fucking mecha-kaiju?!

They're in it.

It won't happen overnight and I still think there will be big movies in theaters, it will just will be harder for a handful of studios to control it all.

Oh no.

Attached: 1483757984110.png (608x541, 411K)

looks like tibetan

Thank you anons. It's working.

At least Boyega's inclusion into this one doesn't feel hamfisted like all diversity cast movies.
He is the nig son of the commander who got killed last movie.
still crappy though.

Yes, but be it YouTube or Netflix or some new platform, if a movie is good it will get likes and high ratings and get moved up and start getting views. We aren't there yet. This is just something I could see happening in about 10 years or so.