I don't watch anime but some friends convinced me to give Gurren Lagann a try since I enjoy philosophy...

I don't watch anime but some friends convinced me to give Gurren Lagann a try since I enjoy philosophy. I literally just finished it and holy shit, this is one of the greatest things I've ever watched ever. Now I believe in the me who believes in me. I dont come to this board so sorry if this post breaks a rule but I just wanted to share my thoughts with you all. Gurren Lagann is the best anime of all time (not counting shrek)

>convinced me to give Gurren Lagann a try since I enjoy philosophy.
What? I guess it has a message but it's far from philosophical

I know you by your speech pattern. You said something in the line that you hated it to death half a day ago.

>ima speech pattern analyst oohh
been watching too much csi kid

Lol sure
Yeah it's not really focused on it but I enjoyed the themes. It is filled with Maslow's ideas of self actualization and stuff. It stimulates muh mind, plus yoko is mine I call dibs

>I don't watch anime
Fuck off of the anime board then, you retard.

> give Gurren Lagann a try since I enjoy philosophy
Holy shit.

A decade too late for that

TTGL is great, except the ending. I hated the ending!

Gurren Lagann is so good because it shows how haters can't get simple anime

Yeah the ending emotionally was ok but felt slightly off. Overall though 10/19
Heh yeah I know
You're the kind of anime fan that enjoys pico, aren't you?

Yeah I enjoyed the simplicity of it. They even make it a point to just explain things by sheer willpower. It was such an inspirational series I'm glad I watched it

Lurk two years before posting.

The joke is that everybody hates Gurren Lagann when Kamina dies

>crossboarder
>TTGL fan
God's in his Heaven, all's right with the world.

>convinced me to give Gurren Lagann a try since I enjoy philosophy

I did not fuck viral
I refused to believe he was permanently dead until they went to the in between dimension lol
Made me chuckle
I'm glad you're happy
Why are people hung up on this? I just gave the most basic info I could. Are you guys mad that my friends recommended I watch the series based on their knowledge I would appreciate the themes?

>I've only seen one anime but it's the best ever
>le ebin Shrek may may
Go back kudasai.

I bet you watched it dubbed too.

please stop making gurren lagann fans look stupid , also the show is not philosophical or deep it was pure dumb fun

>I don't watch anime
Please leave.

I don't really care for dubs. The Japanese speech is part of the experience for me.
Yeah I agree with you it was pure dumb fun but at the same time had some very nice moments. Once you realize your spirit comes from your heart your drill transforms from piercing the heavens to making the heavens. The alternate take is the writer(s?) just wanted to see how large of robot battles they could have
Tried making a joke sue me
I'm cracking up at the thread complains about Ash never winning a league. This is the most autistic board

Those fuck should be on /vp/, but that's not relevant. If you don't watch anime or read manga, you shouldn't be here.

are you this polite on your bored too ?

are you this polite on your board too ?

Nia would want you to use your manners user
>Hurrr durrr muh elite club hurrrrr no outsiders ever
Are you typing this while hunched over your computer by any chance?

Why am i not posting pictures of the best gunmen?

>not liking boku no pico
Fake and gay

Check out Parasyte or Monster for nice philosophical stuff

It's not a secret or elite club, but it's an anime and manga club. This means that if you don't like anime or manga, you don't belong here.

I think they do a mighty fine job even without crossboarders like OP.

>butthurt Getterfags confirmed for brainlets
I always knew.

Heh my friends tricked me into watching that first I was so mad. They kept telling me there'd be a cool plot twist at the end but I couldn't make it past the ice cream. I shudder to think what the other two parts have. Honestly the creators probably broke some laws
So sorry you can't appreciate it when someone new comes along to say he enjoys something you do

I don't appreciate when a retard shows up and his first words are "I don't watch anime"

>Honestly the creators probably broke some laws
Really?

>drawings
>breaking laws
Third world go home

check out subahibi if you like philosophyshit

You should watch parallel works it shows the background of lord genome

It's fucking fucked I don't really think it was illegal but what drove him/them to invest so much in creating it??? I'm more disappointed by the people who create the market for fucked up boy anime
Sorry for giving context, I assumed you'd be happy someone from outside your world liked what you like. You have added to the discussion of how great gurren lagann is yet fwiw

Because it's not great, just good.

>how dare they like what I don't like

His fucking speech as to why he made viral immortal was the greatest fucking speech in the series. It was like khal drogo level smack. Just sheer calm confidence im still blown away. Then he came back as a head which ended up being really cool.

You need to lurk more.
Nah, TTGL is deserving of a word 'great'.

That argument is invalid when talking about onichinchin (boy penis)
Don't plan to lurk more but ttgl is great. 10/10 I don't know what more you'd want from an anime

>I enjoy philosophy

I love Gurren Lagann.

>Don't plan to lurk more
Then fucking leave.

It's not even a little different, user. Different people like different things.

The show just barely makes a 7/10 for me, its probably one of the most overrated series just behind cowboy bebop