/ss/

Secret Santa thread? I always miss the ones on weekends
You've all posted your cards and gifts by now right? they might not arrive in time if you wait any longer

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UfO71ntsRKw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I posted a gift and 3 cards a while ago but so far only one person has confirmed that they've received their card

JM of GA

>sent my package last week
>havent seen my initials in these threads

t. ED of NC

CJ from UK did your gifts arrive ok?

Please only make threads on the weekend. We are not a general and dont want to be banned for seeming like one.

Its been several days since the last thread and it'll be several days before the next one so I'm sure the mods won't mind. If we only have them on the weekends then people miss them

It's only been 2 days since the last thread. So there's no need to exaggerate.

I can understand if its the week of Christmas, but the same thread every few days is a bit much to not be labeled a general. If you cant check the threads once either saturday or sunday, thats your problem. The last one lasted well into monday.

The last one was on the weekend, it's now the middle of the week, I seriously doubt it's going to cause any problems

The last one was started on sat, but was still active mon afternoon.

Last year, we had more active threads, this year not as many. Get ready, cus that means there's gonna be a lot of grinching this time.

I hope not.
>did a total of 7 cards and gifts
>only got 1 card
>christmas is barely a week away
I'm sure they're just running late this year.

I almost feel bad that it's my first year and I've already received 2 out of 3 cards and my gift. I was fully expecting to be grinched, I just wanted to make other anons happy with cards and gifts

LD from FL I sent your card out yesterday

>Sent my gifts out last week
>havent seen my intiials at all in the thread

t. ED from NC

GW of MA check your PO box!

Sent my card and gift out
LP from Berlin and CS from London
Should be with you guys soon, Hope you like them!

JWL from UK I sent you card out a few days ago

Only got one bully card last year, and one so far this year. I can't tell if Anons are offended by my lists or too afraid of fucking up. I've never gotten anyone with shows I like and it doesn't stop me.

Remember you can put a Santa hat on anything. We're all ballsing it up, so balls it up together.

>drew a picture of Mami for an user
>Forgot to draw the christmas hat on her
>Realised it too late
Sorry LP

It's not like she has anywhere to wear it anyway.

Made him a card as well, I forgot too. Or just was too lazy because I put the least effort into his card

Any surface that isn't flat can wear a hat. Spines count too.

Liked baseball? Pretty cool that we got the same guy.

Yep, figured there couldn't be too many LP's who listed Mami

>I can't tell if Anons are offended by my lists or too afraid of fucking up.
Me too.
I'd love to make cards for an user with a similar level of obscure shit taste, so I hope I'll get you next year.

I can't take pictures of it right now, but user from Salisbury, your card arrived yesterday, thank you! The Nagato you drew is really cute.

I'm always too busy on the weekend to catch the threads but just to let you know, CJ from AR and VG from AZ your gifts have been shipped and should be there by Friday.

IR from USA I'll repost the card I forgot to attach a customs declaration form to tomorrow unless the original one has arrived?

LD from FL your package should be arriving today.

>customs declaration form
W-what? do you need those things to send cards to the us?

I don't think you need them for cards but you do for anything bigger, I sent mine in one of those bubble envelopes so should have attached a customs declaration form apparently. They don't make it very clear when you buy the postage online

EC of CA I sent out the gift. Should get there by Friday.

R of CA, LP of NY, and JY of ID I sent out your cards yesterday. Also arrives by Friday.

>initials posted last thread
>nothing in the mailbox yet
If initials are posted it means I'm safe right ? ;_;

It means your santa just pretended to send it to get off the hook. Welcome to the grinched.

Forever posting until I find my long-lost anons. Who received any of these last year?

>signed up for $100-150 tier
>received someones unwanted junk

I'd like to call out RT from BC for sending me their unwanted junk.

Here are the problems with their "gift".

There was no wrapping, card, or any kind of note.
None of it has nothing to do with anything I mentioned
None of it is even anime related
It's well below tier.
It looks like the knife and ocarina have been used before.

And worst of all, it feels like no effort or thought was put into it, like they just threw junk into a box and shipped it out.

So thanks for giving me the most depressing gift I have ever received.

Alright, I've been finally able to take a photo of it.
Thanks again!

Wow, that's pretty terrible

Oh jeez, Now I'm kinda worried about my gift.
I only went in for the $10 tier and made sure to something related to what the guy asked her It's not gift wrapped but since I didn't want to take off the bubble wrap
I hope he likes ;_;

What did you ask for?
From the looks of it you said you liked Zelda/Nintendo or video games in general
And chocolate I'm guessing?

I gift wrapped mine with the bubble wrap, it kinda looks like shit but good enough.

Notice the part where I said it had nothing to do with what I mentioned? I listed at least a dozen different anime, some of which is popular or has a lot of merch.

As long as you put some effort into the gift, I think you will be fine. Maybe put the item into a box and wrap that?

Maybe you have shit taste?

Shit taste or not, that doesn't mean you should grinch someone or send them your unwanted junk.

That's worse than grinching and that guy knew it. What a cunt. I imagine they did it for the attention though and are taking screenshots of all the replies to post on reddit later

Bullying people for shit taste is all well and good but there's a line, and that user stepped way the fuck over it.

Meh, I may be giving them the attention they want, but I think such a thing should be called out. And if this is how they get their kicks, then they must have a pretty shitty life.

>so I'm sure the mods won't mind
Are you retarded? The reason threads are only on the weekends is because last year the mods specifically said to stop making them all the time and started deleting threads

>Not wrapping your gifts in wrapping paper
That's not very festive of you. As long as your gifts are good I'm sure it's fine but I'd be a bit saddened if my gift wasn't wrapped.

Got one user with shit tastes, and I still put effort in the card, like days working on it

I think he went for the high tier to get nice things, and sent at least something not to get blacklisted, since he didn't grinch anyone

That shit is the equivalent of being grinched.

I meant that I did wrap mine, but I wrapped them without removing the bubble wrap because I didn't want them to be damaged during shipping.

Oh yea, they joined in just to get free stuff. And this is likely not the first time they took part either. But doing what they did is really no different from grinching the person.

So now what? Should you expose his address to punish him?

Probably just mail Santaloli with his name/address to set him blacklisted and potentially added to the grinch pool.

I already contacted santa loli and the organizers about it. So hopefully they can do something. I'd post his address here, but then I'd get banned.

If it contains parts that might show up when inspected then worth having to prevent them opening the card to make sure it isn't cocaine. I've received international mail that didn't have declarations so perhaps it just delays shipments of nonharmful items, but legally it's meant to state responsibility for contents.

Magnets and batteries in little card speakers may be a concern, because magnets could get stuck or wander if the packing isn't thick enough, and batteries often come up as something you can't ship. I've received a couple speaker cards so there should be some leeway when declared.

>used ocarina
Oh god gross. I have a round one and the only way to clean it properly is submerging the whole thing and being careful to dry it out after. They're like saliva deposits otherwise.

Worse, now user has to find space to store the unwanted goods, or spend time finding them new homes. It's giving the guy more work.

>Canada

For US

That explains everything

As a country canada's not any worse than america. But yea that incident with toronto sucked.

Yeah at least with grinching you're being honest about being a fucking prick, sending off some old tat under the guise of "oh at least I sent something" purely to try and cover your ass from getting blacklisted is far worse.

>I'd post his address here

He even put a return address? Then he's not only an asshole but an idiot too.

>Magnets and batteries in little card speakers may be a concern
Shit I just realised the magnetic panties I added to the card could be the reason for the delay rather than the missing customs form
I'll have to leave the magnet out when I remake the card which is a shame because I'd just found another magnet to use when I thought I had none left

Ha ha yeah. They even included their full name along with the return address.

Already got one of 5 cards.

I still haven't gotten my cards done yet. Mainly because I also have other things on the go and I have to restart my MBP onto the old mechanical HD in order to use InDesign. And I don't have time at work to use that copy of InDesign on what is a better performing computer than my own personal laptop. Welp.

I just remembered I signed as an anti grinch. It feels odd hoping someone on my bracket gets grinched.

Thank you C from VA, your package arrived safely today! Looking forward to opening them on Christmas, Meri Kurisumasu!

PR of WA/NH, according to tracking your package was delivered yesterday, hope everything arrived safely.

RB and CJ of UK, I'm really sorry about this but I've not sent your stuff yet. Everything's been wrapped and ready since the weekend but I've been pretty much bedridden since them. If not tomorrow it'll be sent out on Friday, but I'm UK too so don't worry about it coming in late.

>daeeaed

Me too. I just want to make some user happy but in order to do so they have to become unhappy first

Hopefully I can get matched up with one of you. I don't even care if your in a lower tier than me.

You could look up ways to make flap doors or sliding pieces. One user the other year got see-through projector sheets and painted bits on that so it could be pulled back.

I think one year I just DIY'd a tab that'd hold something in place til user pulled it out. I never thought to use magnets cos I assumed they'd be heavy and cost more postage.

>Secret Santa thread?
Did someone say Santa...

I keep seeing my anons initials posted for gifts and I keep thinking "damn, my user is totally a grinch trying to get loads of gifts" but then I feel bad for thinking that because they could just as easily be a generous person who wanted to send lots of gifts

CP from NC thanks for your card! The Rei clones dressed in those cutouts are really cute!

>Asuka
>ever

I might have to, I was so proud of the magnetic panties. I can't really put too much effort in though because I think tomorrow is the last day I can post it for it to definitely arive before Christmas

I thought the same last year, he only posted 1 part of my gift that included 6+ boxes.
At least he got it and acknowledged part of it though

KH of CA
your gift will show up to the updated address by next week

JH from Paris, I shipped your presents out yesterday. There is one part of one gift that is almost guaranteed to have broken in transit so get your tweezers and superglue ready.

>superglue ready.
Oh my!

MK of NY
I will send your gift tomorrow. Shipping on the last few parts got delayed so I have been waiting until the last minute in the hopes that it would arrive. I will be sending it out tomorrow even if the rest of it isn't here yet, so you might be getting a gift in 2 parts

>that calligraphy
>can't even draw a heart shape
Can't tell if it's from a child or from a very grown man

>still no initials of clues about my santa
Living in the 3rd world is suffering

>still waiting for my package

I love the anticipation!

I know what you mean, I'm checking every new post just to see if anyone said mine.

Thanks for the card Florida user if you don't respond i'll keep posting it!

>user said 4 threads ago his got my card and will post pics soon
>still no pics.

post christmas music
youtube.com/watch?v=UfO71ntsRKw

I'm sorry.

Fucking hell. Is the chocolate decent at least or is it cheap dollar store garbage?

Sorry you got called out, I'm sure.

Oh fuck it's on now

The chocolate was decent. It's the kind you can find at walmart or superstore. But both items together couldn't have been more than $20 after taxes.

Even if its trash, at least its something.

I just noticed the jigsaw still has the wrap on, so unless he actually went out of his way to buy something else to go with the theme you never asked for this means he's throwing out shit that thought wasn't even worth opening and using for himself, that's even more insulting.

who
>still no initials
here?