Have you watched Kare Kano? If not, why? What are you waiting for, you're missing out on Anno's magnum opus

Have you watched Kare Kano? If not, why? What are you waiting for, you're missing out on Anno's magnum opus.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bbZNtnh0ZYo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I watched the first episode and found it kind of boring.

man who hasn't watched kareshi kanojo no jijou

Because knowing that in the manga the MC rapes the FeMC, getting her pregnant and destroying her career, has eliminated any possibility of me rooting for them as a couple.
That and the last 8 or so episodes are pretty bad.

I actually started it a few days ago, and dropped it after the 4th or 5th episode
I love the MC (especially her seiyuu) and the show was fun and all but the guy MC with his faggot voice and sissy emo personality was a dealbreaker
I cant go through with a romance series if one of the main duo is fucking insufferable

>has eliminated any possibility of me rooting for them as a couple.
The manga is trash, this is not news. Just remove it from your mind.

>you're missing out on Anno's magnum opus.

He only directed half of the show though

>dropping anime
>ever
Why is nu-Sup Forums so casual.
My point still stands.

Anno is a hack.

Had the OP and ED recorded on VHS.
Annoyed the shit out of me hearing the OST on the 2nd eva movie

If there's any show which disproves this, it's Kare Kano. The drop in quality is so visible when he leaves the series.

PAPAYA PAPA

>The drop in quality is so visible when he leaves the series.
Same goes for Nadia too.

>forcing yourself to eat garbage so as to not appear "casual" to your MAL buddies
kys

The visual directing in this show is actually amazing. Very advanced for an anime.

go back there retard

I remember reading the manga. It was cute at first, stories where the MCs hook up in the first chapters are great, but then it got boring really fast, always about the couple reaffirming their love or some shit then it switched to the side couple of the sport girl and her badboy crush and I lost interest.

What's wrong with reusing good OST tracks though.

Kind reminder that they fucked. Canonically.

So? It's normal.

Nadia was better.

Rape implies that she didn't want it. But she makes it explicit she wasn't going to refuse him. Fuck off.

You just made it sound even more like rape.

I tried it about ten years ago, but I don't particularly like Anno's work or romcoms.

This shit looks like it's at least 30 years old. Sorry but I don't have time for your prehistoric garbage.

>at least 30 years old
You know, you aren't that far off. It's almost 20 years old now.

She didn't want it at that moment, for sure. Reread the chapter.

No one really cares about your garbage opinions either, yet you continue to spout them.

Apparently you cared enough to reply to me.

Couples have sex. They get intimate. They typically don't dick around for ages like in much of the shit we consume.

how do you know this

Not in anime.

Nope.

>Not in anime.
It's shoujo though.

Even recaps can be aesthetic.

So did Mamoru and Usagi in the kiddy anime, it aint unusual.

music was great

It was great, but the wheels were coming off by the end.

>Coming off
The last episode was literally manga panels with voice acting.

You're right, I was being too tactful.

Which was funny to me because I didn't knew about the manga, so at the last episode I was like "Did these guys literally ran out of budget?"

Watched the dub. It was great.

Gee, man I wonder.

2 recaps was unnecessary

It's very aesthetic and the ED is great, but I just couldn't stay interested in the story and dropped it after four or five episodes.

>dub
the dub is excruciating

i'm not following.

Arima a cute.

Best ending
youtu.be/bbZNtnh0ZYo

The recap went even longer than that, 2 full episodes and a half of the third.

Currently watching this show right now coincidentally; I read the manga almost 6 or 7 years ago when I was much younger. .

On episode 17 and just finished the episodes about the parents. Yukino's dad losing his grandfather and the mother being there for him during his grief made me tear up. Am I not much longer till the show goes to shit?

Official Anno ranking
EoE = NGE > Shin > Kare Kano = Love and Pop > Shiki Jitsu > Gunbuster = Ryusei Kacho > Re: Cutie Honey > Live action Cutie Honey

>Gunbuster this low
>Shinshit this high

>Raping your future wife
Not possible kid. Rape implies force, there was no force if she let it happen then married the guy afterward and had multiple kids of his. If anything, it was vanilla plus we have to remember this is japan, where rape is less offensive than a kiss and hand holding is sexual deviancy.

>ironically bad anime
>Anno
>Imaishit
Sounds like complete cancer

Who are you quoting?

Episode 16 is a masterpiece. It basically ends around episode 18 and starts another arc.

The source manga is trash, ignore it

18 is the last episode Anno directs, 19 is directed by Imaishi though so it's quite fun.

This sounds like a MAL newfag who comments every thread.

It just shows what a great director and storyboarder he is.

>still no season 2

Why woukd you want that? Yukino's dad's flashback is the perfect ending to the series.

Well cool, I assume that's where this image is from. Was always curious the anime.

The rest of the manga is terrible though.

It looks old as fuck because it's very poorly mastered, probably using an ancient analog tube telecine machine. The DVD is notoriously bad, probably one of the worst mastered DVDs ever (not just anime) that's not a chink bootleg.

OK user, thanks for your time.

Yes, I too am incapable of using reverse image search.

Faggot, most of us have dropped anime altogether. Welcome to Sup Forums.

It was decent, but not that great. There is a number of romances better than Kare Kano.

Oh yeah like what? I seriously hope you're not thinking of Rumikoshit.

Like WA2 or ef.

I mean, I got it sitting right here. I'll get around to it at some point.

Maison Ikkoku is unironically better than Kare Kano though.

No.

>WA2 or ef
Figures you'd think 100% melodrama is "good" romance anime. You should've at least said something by Adachi.

>Adachi
Maison Ikkoku is better than Touch as well.

Good romance doesn't depend on being dramatic or not. It's a thing of emotions and beauty of the story.
>by Adachi.
When the 'quality' of romance comes from your waiting for 50 episodes (with occasional teasing) for something finally to happen between the characters, this romance is no good. Adachi's stories are good and his characters are great, but the way he writes romance is irritating.

All Rumikoshit is garbage. Seriously, no idea how anyone can stomach her shit filled with endless amounts of stupid fucking misunderstandings.

Yeah, I don't mind Yukino's VA, but completely monotone Arima is awful. He's meant to be polite and charismatic, not a fucking robot.