This was goddamn awful. Does the entire story just keep on fellating this awful character?

This was goddamn awful. Does the entire story just keep on fellating this awful character?

There's a difference between being tsundere and being a cunt with no redeemable traits.

>Watching Toradora 10 years after it aired
How new?

It can't be helped, after two decades you run out of good anime to watch.

>doki
>lying online
Enjoy your winter break newfriend.

If that thought helps your sleepless nights caused by the fact that your favorite anime is shit, sure.

Newfag or not Toradora was pretty bad.

GREATEST LOVE STORY EVER TOLD. Kill yourself, OP.

Its pretty shit, dropped it 4-5 episodes in myself. Its babby first something, so it stays around.

>greatest love story
>toradora
I can't imagine what its like to have such low standards.

It would be great if it weren't for Taiga. The character interactions are nice and the story doesn't push obvious things in your face, but Taiga ruins it all because the author is trying to shove an unlikable character without any redeemable qualities down your throat.

Characters with Asuka Langley archetypes don't belong in romantic comedy, and its constantly being shoved in it.

wtf i hate toradora now

Greatest love story ever told belongs to katanagatari.

Reminder that Ryuuji only fell in love with Taiga because he thought Minorin didn’t love him. Reminder that Taiga only fell in love with Ryuuji because he was the only one that gave a shit about her rude ass and because Kitamura-kun rejected her.

>Taiga
>anything like Asuka Langley Soryu
she's a little like Shikinami but she's nothing like Soryu

I agree OP I've never understand why people cum themselves over this anime I always thought it was pretty shit

It's only considered good among the underage/haremfag crowd, which unfortunately constitutes a large percentage of this board's userbase

>amifags

>its another 'newfags out of school learn about toradora' episode
>its another 'amifag tears' episode
Every year, the gift that keeps on giving.

Man, it was so forced that others suppressed their feelings because they think Taiga and Ryuuji are made for each other. I would have bought it if they hadn't said multiple times that they aren't into each other at the start, this way it was just
>god wills it! We will proceed to act like retards now

>not a single mention of ami in the thread
>taigafags are THIS insecure

>oh no my waifu is losing! the characters must be retarded or something
Toradora is literally too complex for you to understand. Stick to self insert harems.

>Calling someone's preferences for "underage" as if that was an insult
Get out.

>Kitamura rejected Taiga because he saw how nicely she's getting along with Ryuuji
>Minori suppressed her own feelings
I think the subtleties might be too much for you to understand.

That's how it happens in real life too, ain't that some shit.

>Does the entire story just keep on fellating this awful character?
Yes

ami is pretty cool too user, whats with that?

>it if they hadn't said multiple times that they aren't into each other at the start

Nigger thats at the beginning of the history is the hole fucking point, get back to your brainless harems with the beta male that get all the bitches since ep one and leave this bread please.

Watch Golden Time, Taiga's cousin is superior in every aspect.

>sociopath jealous bitch is better than sociopath jealous bitch 2
Yeah, no.

Im not sure what youre even trying to say. Whats your problem with happened? Other than your waifu losing that is. You still dont seem to understand that you werent watching a seasonal harem where the point is to let you pretend lots of girls like you. I get that's what you desperately want, but try to relax.

Maybe you should use whatever amount of braincells you have to look at the post again and figure out what I was referring to. Here, let me simplify to save you a few years of time:
>you guys are made for each other so we'll support you!
>no we aren't like that
>doesn't matter! I am so kind I'll hurt my own feelings because I believe you should be with Taiga, even though a normal human being would have taken the chance!

Read it was unnatural behavior, a lot of the things in the story were well thought out and the side characters weren't shallow, but this part was forced.

You havent even watched the show have you? I mean, this is such a fundamental misunderstanding of something thats made perfectly clear, I dont even know how to engage with such faggotry. You seem to be under the impression that Minori loved Ryuji and decided to give up on love 'because reasons.'

I mean youre actually so wrong that I would have to break down for you scene by scene because im pretty sure you have no real memory of what happened other than "i didnt like minori losing"

Out of all the potential 'forced' scenes, you pick the one aspect that is actually well written. It really seems like you just wanted minori to win, and you misunderstood her final scenes with Ryuuji. She wasnt "giving up" on her feelings. She simply recognized the difference between a crush/infatuation and true love, you know, the entire theme of toradora?

Ski trip arc was way more 'forced' than anything you mention. The parts youre complaining about are what seperates toradora from your standard haremshit.

I dropped it, that was my impression from the way she looked at Taiga and Ryuuji and their talk about ghosts and UFOs which she clumsily ends and all the other times she tells him he should be there for Taiga and her expressions. Glad to hear it gets even worse.

Thanks for confirming your ignorant shitposting. Next time take your ADD meds and you might be able to supress your mental issues long enough to enjoy a good anime.

>Sup Forumsirgin the post
Life is not a good damn harem visual novel faggot, minorin was a very troubled person and things just did int work out. To love some one and to be compatible are very different things.

For fucking gods sake Minorin herself gaves taiga a full length speech about how shes the one that should found her happiness and that passing the chance to date Ryuji is not going to be the end of the world.

Fucking grow up faggot, go outside and get a taste of the real world before you get stuck in here for ever.

>I dropped it
>talks about shit he didint even watched
Wew, lad.

lol not the dude you're arguing with but you are such an ass

>unlikable character without any redeemable qualities down your throat.
>Literally forces herself to do things she doesn't want to do for other peoples' sake at nearly every turn
You have the comprehension of a fucking grade-schooler.
Taiga is selfish, but she constantly acts in ways that detriment her for other people.
She forces herself to learn to swim just because Ryuuji was working hard for her, she gave her piece of shit father another chance because she didn't want Ryuuji to be depressed about his own absent father, she confronted the class president for Kitamura's sake and forced both of them to be honest with their feelings, she tortured herself by staying out of the way and creating chances for Ryuuji and Minori to get closer to each other, even though she loved Ryuuji.
Just because she doesn't put on a fake smile and pretend to act cute, that doesn't mean she's a bad person. She puts others ahead of herself. Which is also her biggest flaw. She's dishonest with herself and those around her, which causes tension and conflict that could be resolved if she just told the truth. But she's too afraid of facing her feelings to do so.
OP is a retard for thinking the series "fellates" her. She gets shit on throughout the series. Ryuuji always being there for her is the reason she fell in love with him. And it's why her arc literally ends with her forcing herself to become a better person so that she can be what she would consider a worthy wife for the man she loves.

>willingly sitting through Taiga's autistic screeching for 20+ episodes
No thank you.
In case you didn't realize, all of those are things that happen in the first 10 episodes.

Looks like somebody's waifu got insulted. And none of the things you said change the fact that she acts like a violent cunt at the start and didn't give people a reason to start liking her, they just do.

>without any redeemable qualities
Blind people should read braille manga.

best girl

>she acts like a violent cunt at the start
>muh first impression is all that matters
I bet you don't take characters switching sides or revealing things about themselves very well.

Who likes her at the start? She has literally one friend in the entire school, minori, who knew her before she started her reclusive lifestyle.
Everyone else avoids her.
It's only because she gets close to Ryuuji, who is friends with Kitamura, who is popular, that people start to give her a chance socially.
Did you even watch the show? Because you're talking out of your ass.
Taiga literally spergs out with Ryuuji in episode 2 kicking the electricity pole while shouting about how she hates being the "palmtop tiger", because no one actually knows anything about her or her life.
The only reason Ryuuji gives her a chance is that he has his own issues, and can understand a little of what she's going through. People shun Taiga because her reclusiveness, then shun Ryuuji because of his appearance.
From there, they get to know each other.

One of the first (and most infamous) forced winners.

>who knew her before she started her reclusive lifestyle
I don't remember this in the anime. Does the novel explores more of Taiga's life during first year?

How is this author successful? Everything she has ever made is irredeemable shit.

Minori talks about how she was there the last time Taiga's dad tried to re-enter her life, which she says was during first year. It was her dad tricking her back then and starting a new family without her that made Taiga into the reclusive, angry person she is at the start of the series.

>One of the first
Being this new.

Apparently your enjoyment of the anime depends on you liking Taiga.

The latter half is extremely awful though. Especially the last 2-3 episodes. But yes, the characters are great and Yui Horie did an excellent job.

Yoiu need to be 18+ to post in this board

>In case you didn't realize, all of those are things that happen in the first 10 episodes.
In case you didint realize the anime is 25 eps long. And yeah thats not even the half. Kek

Thats a pretty well tought user, Taiga is awesome.
>LOL DUDE YOUR WAIFU LAMAO
Kill your self already.

>kek
>lol
>lmao
Not surprising to see this from a Taigafag.

Taiga just gets better and better with each rewatch. She's silly and overreacting but also friendly with most people who cares. She mainly reacts angry to people approaching her like a zoo attractiono or put her in an embarrassing spot.

>One of the first (and most infamous) forced winners.
You fucking what? Do you also think Lucky Star invented moe?

>not watching Toradora every december
How new?

>Implying i'm not
How new?

Keep on ignoring how Ryuuji cleans her room and cooks for her and she still acts like a cunt for the entire first half towards him and calls him a dog. Feel free to talk about anime tropes, but this isn't tsundere behavior this is pathetic. Not to mention how she acts like a retard when it comes to her own feelings and spergs out whenever she has a chance to be with Kitamura. She certainly gets fellated compared to the other two girls, rewatch it and look how much Ryuuji keeps spoiling her and giving in to her despite her just whining and ordering him to do something. Minori is portrayed as too silly, Ami is openly portrayed as a bad person in many scenes but Taiga's aggression is supposed to be "adorable" and just her being bad with her feelings. Terrible tsundere.

>clueless to board culture
>taigafag
I think you have to go back newfag. Also im more like an Ami guy, but taiga is still pretty awesome.

Agree, i love to re-watch this every year with you faggots.

>being this much of a masochistic cuck

>describes a tsundere
>Terrible tsundere
Kek

Nigga you are a 25 yrs old virgin in a fucking animu board lurking in a fucking thread about a a fucking anime you dont like fishing for fucking (You's). Your life must be so fucking sad.

You obviously don't know what a good tsundere is, tsun doesn't translate to aggressive bitch, but it's understandable, you sound like some crossboarder from Sup Forums

>Feel free to talk about anime tropes, but this isn't tsundere behavior this is pathetic.
>this isn't tsundere behavior
It literally fucking is. Watch more anime.

>You obviously don't know what a good tsundere is
Enlighten us.

>aggressive bitch
She is basically in dere mode for over half the anime. Why do people who dont watch toradora dislike it?

You're mis-characterizing a lot of what goes on in the show.
Taiga never asked Ryuuji to cook or clean for her. He did it because he enjoys cooking and cleaning, and because he liked Taiga (at first as a friend).
Her calling him a dog is literally tantamount to harmless banter in Ryuuji's eyes. And her sperging out about Kitamura was a result of a few things, one of which being that she's liked Ryuuji for a while. During the pool arc, she gets mad that Ryuuji can't understand that she's doing it for him. And she gets upset that Ami is subtly trying to force her to acknowledge her feelings for Ryuuji (remember her saying that she's mad because Ami is acting like she understands Taiga's feelings even though she, herself, doesn't understand them?).
Ami is never portrayed as a bad person. That's you're head canon. Ami is portrayed as the most mature of the group. That's why she gets frustrated with the others, because they're either too arrogant, immature, or afraid to take action and chase after what they really want, even when she pushes them in the right direction.
You not thinkig Taiga is cute is a matter of opinion, so there's really nothing to argue. You either think she's cute or not, but most of the points you're trying to make are down-right inaccurate.

It's funny because the people that eat up shitty tsunderes are the ones who freak out the most about other characters having done mildly negative things years ago,
>this girl constantly hits the mc, but she blushes once in every 100 punches! best love story ever told!
>this girl has always loved the mc with all her heart, and he loves her back for most of the story, but she got angry and said something rude once ten years ago! this girl a shiiiit!

>this girl constantly hits the mc, but she blushes once in every 100 punches! best love story ever told!
That perfectly describes Toradora.

Sorry, Satan, but you're wrong.
Taiga really doesn't even hit Ryuuji that often. And the anime adds a lot that wasn't in the novel, like her poking him in the eyes when he was checking Minori out.
And Ryuuji only liked Minori for a year. And over that year, they nearly never spoke. It was a crush that he had on someone who he didn't even know anything about.
He got to know everything about Taiga, and she did likewise about him.

Why do you ignore that I was talking solely about her tsun part being awful and not the dere part?

Go to /wsr/ and ask for tsundere that aren't over the top violent and ungrateful skanks, newfriend.

>Taiga never asked Ryuuji to cook or clean for her.
She actually asked him to cook for her several times and demanded specific dishes at times.

>violent psychopathic behavior as slapstick dressing
>tsundere
You need to watch more anime.

>people were honestly surprised that Taiga won
This is a meme, right? I didn't even like her but you'd need to be a fucking psychic to think she wasn't going to fuck him.

>She actually asked him to cook for her several times and demanded specific dishes at times.
After they had gotten into the habit of eating together and sharing lunch. She would request specific dishes, but he would usually ignore her requests, as he wanted to make sure the meals were balanced and cost effective.
They basically became like family, which was something Ryuuji and Yasuko initiated by having her over every day.
The first time Ryuuji cooked and cleaned for her, remember that he entered her house while she was asleep and took it upon himself to clean up and make her dinner, which he was very happy to watch her eat.
People act like this was a one sided thing. It never was. Ryuuji wanted to take care of her and liked doing so from the very start.

They didnt have sex, but yes she won sadly

It actually describes Zero no Tsukaima. Toradora is way tamer by comparison and more story focused.

>You not thinkig Taiga is cute is a matter of opinion, so there's really nothing to argue. You either think she's cute or not, but most of the points you're trying to make are down-right inaccurate.
Says the guy who made an incredibly biased post to suit his own opinions. If twisting things in your favor works for you then just keep going at it with your interpretation.

>Her calling him a dog is literally tantamount to harmless banter in Ryuuji's eyes.
Normal people and others in the series don't go around calling others "bitches in heat".
>Ami is never portrayed as a bad person. That's you're head canon.
>you're
Please, now it suits your interpretation so you're going to praise Ami. Her flaws are openly portrayed and aren't prettified, in her introduction arc she even says how her personality doesn't matter. While Taiga gets a bunch of "She's actually pretty cute!" and Ryuuji doesn't seriously criticize her violence, it's played off as a gag. The way Kitamura and Ryuuji talk about Ami is different in that regard.

Taiga is LOVE

>People act like this was a one sided thing
Haters usually refuse to see the whole picture.

Speaking of which Ryuuji is kind of a freak but in a harmless way.

>Normal people and others in the series don't go around calling others "bitches in heat"
Going to pop in here and say that a girl calling you a dog in a banter-y manner isn't quite the same.

She won on episode 2

The dog/bitch in heat part is something Taiga actually says though.

It's less about praising your flaws and more about acknowledge and accept those. Ami and Taiga were the most prominent in that but the entire main cast went through it.

Taiga is good
Ami a shit
Minorin is the pleb filter.

>Says the guy who made an incredibly biased post to suit his own opinions. If twisting things in your favor works for you then just keep going at it with your interpretation.
The difference, user, is that I'm arguing using examples from the anime. You keep refuting my arguments, but refuse to give opinions based on the material.
>Normal people and others in the series don't go around calling others "bitches in heat".
This might be due to your own experience, but friends insult each other routinely. It's true that Taiga acts a bit more abrasive than is typical, but her friends understand her enough to know that she cares about them.
>Ami stuff
I never said Ami didn't have praise worthy qualities. You're making a straw man.
And Taiga's short comings aren't glittered up. When we see her through Ryuuji's point of view, she appears less at fault because he, being that he likes her, sees her differently. But there are several situations, like the scene where she gives her friends chocolate, where the show tells us very clearly that Taiga is in the wrong and is being an idiot.
Ami is actually the character who personifies a lot of the frustration the viewer might have watching Ryuuji and Taiga lie to themselves and stall.

Maybe if you're underage.

Taiga gets better the more you rewatch
Ami gets worse the more you rewatch
Minorin maintains throughout with you either liking her or disliking her

>A series full of self-serving, naive, dishonest and whiny characters isn't appealing to many people
Golly gee go figure.

A show about perfect people doing perfect things would be boring as fuck.

no way, ami is shit at first, then gets great. minorin is top waifu then turns out to be shit.
which is why it feels so good when best girl ami socks her one

Wow thanks for stating the obvious. Not once did I say the exact opposite would be better.

None of them evolve into interesting or likeable characters, thus people have no reason to stay invested in their trials and tribulations. They're all more or less static characters for most of the series.

both taiga and ami change a great deal

It is, though. Violent slapstick is a very common tsundere feature.

What the fuck?
The entire story is about how they all change.
Taiga goes from being a reclusive, angry, depressed person wallowing away unable to care for herself to a more mature person who becomes more social, changes her lifestyle and personality, and becomes self sufficient.
Ryuuji puts aside his boyish mannerisms, stops beating around the bush, works to become self sufficient so that his mother won't have to sacrifice anymore for his sake, and makes strong convictions about what he wants in the future with Taiga.
The secondary characters have smaller arcs, but Ami stops being a faker and learns to be more honest with others, Kitamura stops living in the past and being a kid with silly high school dreams, and Minori was always somewhat forward thinking, saving up for college. But even she was able to move on from Ryuuji and become more mature.
Not every character has to go from being a pussy boy shounen MC to being a ripped badass killing gods in a single flick of his cock.
Real people develop subtly as they mature.

And that is why tsundere is shit.

Tsun comes from ツンツン which means turning your head away, it doesn't mean violent slapstick last time I checked and it's not the key element of a tsundere, just a common trope in shit tsundere like Asuna, Louise, Rin etc