LOGH

Who was best admiral, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.si/view/608492
youtube.com/watch?v=hh3RbTUcg8Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The one who actually lives to the end

Oberstein is the best. He's the most selfless and morally consistent.

Hate to be that guy, but I never finished the series and had an external HD failure. Since Nyaa's been down I don't know where to find a torrent, since I should have more free time over the holidays.

>all those jewish last names

hmmmm

nyaa isn't dead dude. there's two new ones up.

b8

ivan konev cute

Wahlen is most underrated.

I'd happily serve under either Dusty or Mecklinger and discuss nothing but art and literature until either of our fleets got destroyed.

nyaa isnt dead but the seed count isnt updating

best main: mittermoe
best side: cazellnu
most underrated: fischer

this is the one I used: nyaa.si/view/608492

and bread admiral trung, how could I forget him?

Where in the fuck is Bucock in this?
Delet this shit

This.

How different would LOGH have turned out if the Kaiser when Rhinehard was a kid was the homosexual guy who had the harem of choir boys drove by his house?

>Wahlen is most underrated.
I think you have some spelling issues because that's not how you write Eisenach.

Oviously Annerose would conquer the universe to liberate Reihard's boypussy.

Yang is the best, of course.

Is it unfair to the Empire side that all the best scenes came from the Alliance side?
>Yang using Thor's Hammer for the first time
>Yang cringing when they sing the FPA anthem at him in the restaurant
>the moderates versus the extremists on the FPA high council
>Fork getting so BTFO that he goes blind
>Yang throwing mad shade at his interrogators
>defeating Geiersberg Fortress
>passing the bottle of wine around Yang's conference table
>the admiral who won't stop talking about bread
>Yang's speech on El Facil
>Bucock's final words
>the 5-minute version of ED3
>everyone falling asleep on Iserlohn
>Poplin pissing and shitting himself while drunk
>the Iserlohn Republic national anthem
>Merkatz's final words
>every scene of the bachelors teasing each other
>every scene of the bachelors bullying Cazellnu
>every single mention of foppery and whim
Time to open up YouTube and go rewatch some of these.

Are you the same user that has been posting that same summary for at least the last three threads, if so chapeau, because it's actually good fodder for discussion.

It challenges the conventional wisdom that the Alliance side is boring and has like three interesting characters outside of Yang whereas every imperial Admiral has at least something going for them.

All the Imperials ever do is sip their drinks and have awkward, stilted conversations where they avoid getting close to each other because they're too busy acting like Respectful and Dignified pieces of wood. In the Alliance, characters get the chance to crack jokes, tease each other, have playfights, and actually act like real human beings. Is it fair though?

the alliance is more lively, but they also feel generally less developed. in their defense, if they'd had am equal amount of screentime as the imperials, they could have been more interesting. but they also could have just spent that extra screentime cracking the same jokes without much real development.

That actually only applies to Hildegard and Reinhard's relationship (minus the drinking together) and the relation between Yang and Frederica is just as dorkey.

Were the Empire characters developed? What do we know about, say, Eisenach? He's just sort of there. He has a quirky gimmick and that's it. I'll throw in Mecklinger as another. I know he likes art, but I don't think I know anything else about him. Do any of them develop over time? How is, say, Mittermeyer a different character at the end than he was at the beginning?

Empire: Reuenthal
Aliance, obviously yang.

Are you kidding? Eisenach goes from a litteral who to one of the most prominent post unification Admirals under Reinhard. Bittenfeld goes from that one Admiral that always fucks up to being the most effective commander in the final battle. Reunthal goes from prized commander that says semi-treasonous stuff when get gets drunk with Mittermeyer to tragic hero. The list goes on.

Hardmode: name one on screen battle that both Admirals won.

I meant developed as in fleshed out. it has to do with how the major characters work. the imperials focused on a couple of characters (reinhard, hilda, mittermeyer, and reuenthal) and did a pretty good job rounding them out, which had then leave more of an impression. the alliance spread itself too thin. yang and julian obviously received most of the focus, and while frederica, dusty, poplan, schenkopp, and maybe merkatz (he's well developed but also loses relevance later on) are likable and fun, they fall short of the main imperials, which has to do with the presentation of the main characters. reinhard has less focus after he crowns himself kaiser, so his subordinates get more development, while yang consistently receives most of the focus on the alliance side, leaving not enough room for his subordinates to shine. that leads to things like yang's proposal to frederica feeling more abrupt than reinhard's to hilda, and schenkopp's relationship with karin feeling a little lacking (which, come to think of it, is probably on purpose to emphasize their lack of closure), although screentime certainly is a factor here. so yang ends up more developed than reinhard (in the rounded out sense), while his subordinates fall short of reinhard's.

What is the name of the gook between Dusty and Mashengo? My autism can't stand that the picture is incomlete.

>Reuenthal
>hero
What show were you watching?

This is a terrible answer.
>getting a promotion is good character development

This is a good answer. I think the real issue with screentime is that the FPA barely got any in season 4. The perfect time for the lesser characters to shine, but instead we were stuck with 3 million people dying for Reuental's delusions of grandeur.

Some of these characters never became admirals though.

Aside from obviously Yang, I likes Schönkopf and (not pictured here) Merkatz.

>yang's proposal to frederica feeling more abrupt than reinhard's to hilda
That's true, but it compensated with all of cute moments of bonding they got after wedding. They even got the whole ending about their family life. Rinhard and Hilda even after wedding acted formally around each other

I think you left out Oberstein on the imperial side. He's portrayed as villainous and callous and all the other admirals hate him until Bittenfeld goes to attack him and you realise he's just a walking paragon of utilitarian morality.

We've known Oberstein was the utilitarian hero since season 1. He did Westerland to save the lives of millions of troops, and then he was willing to sacrifice his own life to save Reinhard from a rocket launcher.

Also, Ansbach is underrated. Just saying.

>Reuenthal
>tragic hero
As in the protagonist of a tragedy. Like how Manami is a heroine in the PSP Oreimo game despite still being a conniving shit or wormslut being a heroine in the F/S N visual novel despite being a mass murdering slut who is compared by the main character to an educated prostitue.

? The alliance cast characters had 1/4 of the show after the Magician doesn't come back to assert themselves, to tell stories to grow as characters instead they stagnate, tell the same foppery and whim joke over and over again with the only story of intrest being the budding romance between a feisty german redhead and a doormat that would later inspire a similar character dynamic in NGE.

It's time to accept that Reuenthal was a tragic villain.

yeah, screentime is definitely the main reason I find the alliance characters less developed. some opportunities were missed in the earlier seasons, such as greenhill's death, which could have given frederica development outside of her relationship with yang. minor alliance characters were also shafted hard. mecklinger and eisenhach at least have their quirks, patriochev and fischer get nothing until their deaths. I'd disagree about the delusions of grandeur bit with reuenthal, though. he didn't particularly care about winning, he was just rebelling to rebel.

damn, I totally forgot to bring him up. he wasn't the most fleshed out, but that was part of his character. he doesn't have a strong sense of identity because he's working for what he thinks is the collective good. on that note, ferner is also underrated.

season 4 was a waste for the alliance, but I was referring to early characterization, like the greenhill example I mentioned above.

It could have been pic related if they hadn't killed him off so fucking quickly.

The cutest one.

Are you kidding? Changing the role a character fulfills in a story is the definition of character development. Admittedly my using the characters benchmarks to remind other viewers of up to 110 episodes of character development is kind of lazy and doesn't make for a compelling read, but that doesn't make it any less correct.

ahem

>patriochev
He at least gets good material in Gaiden.

When the Imperial side-characters show up in Gaiden, they don't even do anything. It just feels awkward to see them. The only exception to this is Kesler, who I think is good in A Hundred Billion Stars, A Hundred Billion Lights

>The cutest one
>Not Yang

We're going to have to politely disagree.

Bittenfeld is the worst admiral. Yet somehow that makes him my favorite, because I love poor unfortunate underdogs.

but won't politely disagreeing disappoint bittenfield, user? we should battle to the death with honor instead.

Keyserling

I have nothing to add to this thread besides posting this because I wanted to see it again.

What did he went on?

Forget who is the best. Who is the most handsome/beautiful/attractive in your opinion?

FPA:
Girls: Kateroze
Boys: Yang

Reich:
Girls: Reinhard
Boys: Hilda

Kircheis, and that's why he had to die to a chump assassin.

schenkopp is a solid ten.

post LOGH reaction images

I don't know what the hell is this dj about but I liked this page

Yang is canonically an ugly beta.

Is there a reversal of this image?

The show itself.

Your kaiser looks like a girl

I can't wait to experience this LOGH for the first time when I watch the remake.

Kircheis is the best girl

You'll be our control group.

I like the other version better, if only for the phrase "the imperial chadmiralty".

Yang is canonically the most handsome man in the universe

I've never watched the original either, wondering if I should or to have my first time watching the remake with Sup Forums.

the last 10 or so eps are incredibly disappointing and anti-climatic anyway

After Julian's arc and Loenthal Rebellion finishes up the writers really dropped the ball and ran out of ideas

It's all on YouTube. Even if you don't know how to torrent, there are really no excuses.

>It's all on YouTube.
Yup, and here it is: youtube.com/watch?v=hh3RbTUcg8Y

Unless you are neet or suddenly ill, it'll be hard to watch all 110 episodes (plus movies, plus gaiden).

Starting now, if you watch 1 episode per day then you'll be finished with the main series before the reboot comes out.

Just 1 single episode per day. That's not asking too much, is it?

Final episodes are kino.
You too, Felix? ;_;

When reboot will start, April? Should be enough time then.

My boy.

Don't even joke like that, user. Watch the original first.

The whole Rubinsky somehow tied his life to explosions" line made me mad like nothing else in the show. It was unnecessary cartoonish evil

OC

How old id Oberstein to have that much of gray hair, 50?

He dyed it in an attempt to look cool.

Smaller version.

Subtitles never.

what is this? I am strangely both intrigued and aroused...

She wasn't implying that Yang was the most handsome.

Bittenfeld is the best one. Started as the failing commical relief, and ended up being a great commander when people realised that you must use the black lancer and him in only one role: blitzkrieg. He and his forces fail when they get forced to play at being a defensive force or a part in heavy top down strategie. He is more of a modern commander with an simmilar force, while the rest all work with pre-ww1's heavy top down plans and strategies.

For me, it's Bagdash

>not knowing about Takarazuka theatre

Like she could mean anyone else.

I liked when the black lancers refused to work under anyone but bittenfield in the last few episodes. say what you will about him, but his men only considering him their only admiral says a lot about his leadership.

me

Shut up, Poplan, you are not that hot.

sleep is for the weak, user.

Oscar "I took her with my authority and by force" von Reuental.

Idiotic loyalty happens to everyone in the LoGH universe. Don't forget all those millions of people who died because they were loyal to Reuental.

a classic.

Easy position to have in an universe where the first emperor was such a fan of eugenics that the universe only has one surviving nigger. The first emperor killed or neutered so many people that the population dropped from 300 billion to 30 billion.