Shows you always come back to

I don't know what it is about Waiting in the Summer, but I always find myself coming back to it around New Year's every year. I just get an itch to rewatch it, even though I've done so every year since it came out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/y-QYpaim1hc?t=2m19s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I saw this show two years ago and ended up rewatching it last Summer. It's just such a damn good summer time anime.

Ufufufufufufufufu

Why were people butthurt the blue chick didn't win?

Not sure my last rewatches made her really unlikable for a romantic partner

It's just part of the process with shows like this. People think that the childhood friend character has some kind of divine right to MC's dick, and get all self-righteous when she doesn't get it.

That was a fun time. The Please! series was one of the first ones I ever watched and dubbed at that, watched them over and over too so when this was announced I was hyped as fuck. Being in camp Ichika was the way though because Kanna was never going to win the user atsu. Though as she as a character she was, I did find her weirdly hot, but more of a jerk of to her getting gang raped sorta hot.

Pretty much my christmas anime

Hyouka.

Great show, the only show I ever watched in one sitting. Is the ova worth watching?

I'd say so. It really doesn't contribute anything substantial, but it's just nice to be able to spend a bit more time with the characters.

Wait, was this the one with that breakdancing gif that was going around in other threads while it was airing?

No? I have no idea what that may be. Do you have the gif?

>YFW this series was canon to the MIB universe

That's still the greatest fucking thing. All the way through the show when they bring it up, you just think that they're talking about the general conspiracy theory. But then, right at the end, they just cut to the ACTUAL FUCKING MIB COMMAND ROOM. It floored me the first time I saw it.

Im personally not a big fan of romance triangle shows like this but i enjoyed my time with it. Mostly because Remon was a great way to keep scenes from being dull and generic. Having a character that isn't part of any Romance BS allowed for some great interaction between her and the rest of the gang. The ending is also really satisfying.

>love triangle
What an oversimplification

I was talking about the group of shows in which romance is the main point of entertainment for the viewer and drama between the cast. Shows like Anohana, Kokoro connect, Just because etc.
Basically romance shows that aren't harem shows and that do not focus on a relationships between two characters.

I know, I know. I was just saying that, in the case of AnoNatsu, calling it a 'love triangle' is like calling the Titanic an oceanic fender bender.

>Kanna wants the new, weird guy who comes to town
>while ignoring the childhood friend who actually is into her
>loses both of them
>no sensei alternative like Koishi had in teacher.
It was satisfying.

From what I remember it's basically a romance triangle between Kaito, Ichika and Kanna + a romance triangle with Glassesbro, Kanna and Mio. Aside from that you have some random girls that show up like the childhood crush but they where basically irrelevant. It's not nearly as complicated or different from the romance triangle formula then you make it out to be.

No, I wish I did. It would have been in 2012.

Never mind, found it, it was Korean Zombie Desk.

Yeah, calling it a love triangle isn't enough. It's way more convoluted than that. Aliens, Men in Black, nudists, teenage drama etc.

It's a spiral. A triangle implies two people pining after the same love interest. Everybody in the series, aside from Remon, has one person they're pining after, and one person pining after them. It's a long, straight line of unrequited feelings.

Those kinda girls get a special route.

Hell, the characters literally draw a diagram in order to help themselves AND the audience keep track.

A human centipede then?

Except kanna gets shit from both sides.

Since we're at a deficit of better terminology, yes.

Hmm, guess i was in the wrong here. In my memory i remembered Kaito and glassesbro being more interested in Kanna and Mio respectively but i can't argue against the diagram.

Mio just bothered to play the long game and got him. Being a nudist gives bonus points.

I'm still amazed that they actually made Mio a nudist, and a relatively realistic one at that.

I preferred the original

as for shows I found myself re-watching, its mainly just for nostalgia purposes, but I watch spice and wolf atleast once a year

That's a good one. I haven't rewatched it yet myself, but it's definitely on my list.

>MIB
Men in Black?

Yes. As in Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones. THOSE Men in Black.

youtu.be/y-QYpaim1hc?t=2m19s

I can't watch this again, the ending hurts too much.

It makes sense since it's in the same universe (and place for that matter) of Onegai Teacher and Onegai Twins

Oh, man. Hearing Onegai Teacher's OP makes me nostalgic as fuck ;_;

I thought this show was terrible. This thread confuses me.

I thought that was more of a """post-modernist""" poke suggesting that the Lemon was some sort of pseudo-godhead character setting this into motion despite external forces from the author. Mostly this series was a battle between a character and the author; also I'm retarded fyi
despite I ended up liking it much more than expected, you're probably right also. I'm confused too

At least once a year I sit down to watch the FLCL and Madoka commentary tracks, but I just end up watching the show again.

I also love seeing this occasionally just to see Kanna writhe in despair

I have watched this show multiple times and it still makes me laugh and takes my worries away. good stuff

dude what?

The problem is that Kanna was incredibly dense. She had no clue that anyone liked anyone else despite how obvious it was to the people around.
>no sensei alternative like Koishi had in teacher.
Honestly was a happier ending, Koishi getting paired up like that was trash. I'm still mad about that one.

>I'm still mad about that one.
She just did the exact same thing her crush did, because it was all extremely shallow and at least the teacher gave a fuck about her.

The main pair got into it quick but there was a relationship there. Koishi was broken hard and got settled with him because he talked to her when she felt like shit.

The last episode was a masterpiece.

This. What an absolute classic.