Kaiba

If you could stave off death by implanting your memories into someone else's young body, would you do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pB3gc6Uc7y0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

god no, I can't wait to die.

Why don't you kill yourself then?

yes

If it was merely my memories and not my persistent consciousness I wouldn't actually be staving off death.

If I can become a cute little girl, why not?

What if i told you your "conciousness is barely functioning, if at all when you sleep"

What would it matter to you so long as it is in fact you and not a duplicate killing you the original off.. But if that occurs.. At what point would it not be you if the transfer were piece by piece. And not just a flat copy while your original is in tact but is then destroyed

Because this is a concept already widely discussed in philosophy, and it's generally agreed that the only one who knows their consciousness was preserved is the original consciousness itself.
'Sleep is death' is such a basic bitch philosophical supposition.

One of the best OPs of all time desu

absolutely

youtube.com/watch?v=pB3gc6Uc7y0

Definitely. The body is only a vessel for the consciousness.

How come the body shapes the consciousness, then?

Just finished Kaiba an hour ago. I don't watch anime regularly but I really liked this one. The mixture of the simplistic art style, the general tone of the story and the surreal sci-fi setting was great.

ebin

Is there a anime more KINO than KAIBA?

It would be extremely painful

Chroniko ;_;

Only if it is a cute girl

Only if I could magically transfer my consciousness as well. I selfishly don't want to die, but I also don't think I deserve to exist. Creating a copy of myself is the worst of both worlds.

What if it's a cute girl who has a past of suffering and you inherit those memories as well?

It was a great seven episode show.

Wouldn't that be just a copy?
I'd still be dead, but someone else runs around with my memories?

exit bags exist desu.

It'd be your consciousness though, so only your physical body is gone.

Reminder that Vanilla deserved to die.

why did it become such a clusterfuck after vanilla and kaiba!chroniko's death?

Because Japs can't write endings, and Warp is a shit character.

>it's generally agreed
>philosophy

are you fucking retarded?
Halve of philosophy agrees that existence precedes essence, and the other halve agrees that essence precedes existence.
Heck one halve agrees that god exists while the other halve agrees that he doesn't.

And then you come up with this:
>the only one who knows their consciousness was preserved is the original consciousness itself
as a something that is "generally agreed"
This is so stupid. On so many layers.
How would you even know that you are the "original consciousness"? Maybe you are just a copy? As far as we know the world could have started 5 minutes ago.
>'Sleep is death' is such a basic bitch philosophical supposition.
You realize that it's not a supposition, it's an interesting thought, nothing more. It's something to think about.
But you don't get that. For you everything every one is presenting to you is a supposition.
Stop throwing around fancy words you picked up somewhere and now think you know philosophy and start thinking for yourself.

The only thing that philosophy generally agrees upon about consciousness, is it that we don't know what consciousness is.
If someone unironically tells you he knows it (which is vastly different form having a theory about it), then you can be certain about one thing: he is a foul.

It's like if someone tells you he knows all of C++.
Or he fully understands Quantum Physics.

>no nothing

I did notice a change in the storytelling around episode seven, and for the amount of suspense the ending seemed very hurried. I feel like they could've saved a lot by simply making the last half of the show a bit longer. Some fifteen episodes in total maybe?

still messed up the one neiro just gives up on the love of her life for the scientist guy just cause he confesses

Your conciousnes/memories make up essentially your entire being. o if that gets planted in another body you wouldn't be dead but occupying a new body

Agreed. I get the message they were trying to send with that, but it's still pretty dumb. If I were Neiro, I'd gladly get the rest of my memories back from Hyo-Hyo.

>Not one picture of Chroniko's butt crack yet
Come on Sup Forums.

Vanilla pls

Why didn't she(he) wear clothes that fit?

to provide easy access

DESU I always imagined that shabo wasn't the only thing she was trying to sell on the streets.

You surely deserve to exist here with us user.

What are the chances that Neiro and Popo didn't have sex?

They tried to fit in too many themes.