Honest opinions on this?

Honest opinions on this?

Opinions on them aren't Anime & Manga.

What are they, then? My ass?

Fuck off, shill.

This isn't Sup Forums. Sup Forums is for discussing anime themselves, not 3rd party companies that sell anime.

Honest Opinion:
>Using Crunchyroll
>Not torrenting
>Not even pirate-streaming

Had a subscription for 5 years. I still pirate probably 30% of my anime, especially if there's BD versions available with naughty bits restored.

I've been watching anime since the 1970s so I know from personal experience that fansubs cannot and never have been sufficient to hold together anime. Crunchyroll is an opportunity for me to pay the people who subtitle anime.

ALL OF YOU benefit from Crunchyroll whether you like it or not

>ALL OF YOU benefit from Crunchyroll whether you like it or not
What if I'm not retarded and learned Japanese, and put money into the actual companies producing content I like instead of a bunch of retarded middlemen "professional translators"?

Grandpa, are you on Sup Forums again?

>watching since 1970
>still dekinai

Just end it.

>ALL OF YOU benefit from Crunchyroll whether you like it or not
>This content is not available for your region

But Sup Forums is just Sup Forums-lite

>bad subs
>bad typsetting
>bad video quality
>bad everything

>started as pirate site but then tries to have moral highground
>p-please support the """Industry""" even though our collection outside of USA is none existent

I want fan subs back fuck them

Thank god they exist.

shit quality, even my russian rips look better

Thank god Sup Forums isn't Sup Forums then.

I torrent 100% of my anime and I still have a subscription. People complaining about crunchyroll have no idea how good they have it to have anime subtitled almost immediately following its release in Japan, to a reasonable degree of competence. There's still some aspects of the company I'm not fond of, and streaming is still inferior to playing a video file you've already fully downloaded, but the amount of good they've done for the availability of subtitled anime is huge.

>sub for 6 months
>streams are okay but not stellar
>limited selection which was understandable

but then
>stream quality turns from passable to utter dogshite overnight.

I gave it a chance

>Crunchyroll is an opportunity for me to pay the people who subtitle anime.
You can pay fansubbers as much as you want. Instead you chose to pay the hacks putting out the laziest subs known to man.

Quality subs are dead because of people like you.

>Thaaat's not an animeeee, that's an anime COMPANYYYY

Go fuck yourself you worthless piece of shit.

CR is one of those companies that's theoretically useful but whenever I have tried to watch something via them, the show has either been missing from their library or is not available outside US, so I always end up pirating anyway.

The subs are a higher average quality than any given basket of fansubs, and you don't need to worry about them randomly dropping the series midway through due to drama. I also don't get how you can complain about the typesetting, it's plain to the point of being boring. Complaining about region restrictions when horriblesubs exist is just dumb.

I'll forgive you for not knowing what it was like in the 90s and 2000s

They're whatever. Not typesetting makes their subs cancerous to read.

I didn't realize HorribleSubs had region blocking.

>The subs are a higher average quality than any given basket of fansubs
doubt.jpg

>Complaining about region restrictions when horriblesubs
Why would I pay them if all I do is getting it from somewhere else.

Region block isn't going to stop you from accessing rips.

Crunchyroll rips are definitely better than the fansub days, faster and you know they're not going to drop a show. They're not perfect, but I've seen much worse.

Obnoxious karaoke, pointless translator notes, and nearly unreadable text styling =/= "Quality subs".

kuranchi rooru

CR might be region blocked but HS sure isn't.

Unironically the best streaming company.

If I was going to pay for Anime I wouldn't pay for garbage speed subs with grammatical errors and localization.

The normalfags I know that pay for this shit waste it watching bad anime.

>Quality subs

killed fansubs

This is a good thing.

no fuck you and your shit taste

>Complaining about region restrictions when horriblesubs exist is just dumb

That makes no sense whatsoever. Horriblesubs is not a service provided by CR, it's a thing fans did specifically to circumvent CR's restrictions. CR deserves no credit from that. If CR worked the way it was supposed to, Horriblesubs wouldn't exist because it would be seen as unnecessary.

Pretty good.

Maybe I can live with this.

Imagine thinking that this is an acceptable form of text styling for ordinary dialogue in anime. Imagine being nostalgic for fansubs. Yikes.

It is though. I'm too impatient to wait WEEKS before an episode is (badly) translated (thinking of Mouryou no Hako here) and if fansubbers really care about anime (and not themselves) they should focus on old, obscure shows anyway.

Before Crunchyroll everything worthwhile was getting subs just fine. And at much higher quality.

Song lyrics are as much part of the anime as everything else. Translator notes for untranslatable phrases are much better than replacing them with random american slang.

It's good but, sometimes they took too long to release the new DBS episode.

Fansubs abused translator notes but they are needed.
>Female looking character said boku
>Butcher the line in panic.

Comparing the worst meme subs to CR is pointless, only the best subs available matter.

>fucked up by malware tier

>Before Crunchyroll everything worthwhile was getting subs just fine
Worthwhile = popular amirite?

Still waiting for Patalliro to get fully subbed.

>Horriblesubs wouldn't exist because it would be seen as unnecessary
Not everyone is a streamfag

Those aren't memesubs. Those are "best" and only subs available. That's the release that Bakabt has archived, even.
That's what fansubs were dude.

>boku
But this is beginner's Japanese. You really want to see THIS getting translator notes?

>Translator notes for untranslatable phrases

You mean translator notes for fucking everything because the subber is a gigantic weeaboo and assumes everybody who watches anime wants to learn about the glorious japanesu culture.

I bet CR shills get paid with premium subscriptions.

If CR really care about anime (and not themselves) they should focus on old, obscure shows anyway.

If that show aired today CR wouldn't even sub it because it's obscure as shit.

CR is here to make money. Fansubbers aren't.

They have those as well. Checkmate.
www.crunchyroll.com/japanese-anime-classic-collection

I'm not talking about song lyrics or untranslatable dialogue. I'm talking about obnoxious, flashy, 3-line karaoke with every special effect box checked off in Aegissubs, and translator notes like pic related.

mostly shit titles on their catalog.
usually get leftovers from the big boys as new seasonal material
get fucked over bad by regional licenses, which makes them useless for most folks outside the US.

Next hack when?

>CR subbers are unironically shilling right now

Are you fucking retarded? CR translates nearly everything other than stuff that other English licensors already translate. Umisho would 100% absolutely be translated by CR without a doubt. CR translates shows that are obscure as fuck and literally probably not more than 20 people even watch. You think anybody is watching "Folktales from Japan"? Fuck no, but that doesn't stop CR from translating literally 300+ episodes of it.

>streaming
>ever
>paying to stream
>paying for shit quality subs
>paying for a company that gives literally fractions of pennies to the actual creators and keeps everything to themselves
No thanks. It should tell you something when you can literally recognize stream screenshots from the thumbnails in the catalog.

So from the monthly subscription, how much goes to the anime companies and translators?

>paying

>not watching anime in your couch on Tv in japan
Pathetic

I've never paid for CR, I never will, and I think anybody who does is a sucker, but I'm sure as fuck glad that they exist because the subs ripped from them are 100x better than the garbage you have put up with when watching fansubs.

>Live in Japan
>Still torrent so you can watch in bed on your 4k monitor with your superior MPC configuration for maximum color integrity and no banding
Step it up.

So what is wrong with streaming?

Sup Forums board culture says it's bad

Since this topic is bad,
I might ask a question here:

Old computer, cannot use both madvr and SVP at the same time;
Which one should I prioritize and why?

>watching anime since the 1970s
>he still hasn't tried learning Japanese

Of course, after episode done airing on tv.

It's convenient. Torrenting takes too long when I can just turn on my PS4 and watch the latest episode of the show I'm following via the CR app. Really I only use torrenting as a last resort if I can't find what I'm looking for on CR, Hulu, etc. KissAnime is dogshit, and Netflix can eat shit after Neo Yokio.

Pic unrelated.

And apart from that?

i love watching torrents download.

Neo Yokio is not anime.

If you use SVP you're a retard.

Still doesn't change the fact that Netflix actually made that shit.

As if a tripfag would be any better.

There is zero benefit over downloading now that you can watch it while still torrenting. Every single thing about it is worse.

I'm not the one thinking anime has the same rules as videogames.

I have normalfag friends who tried to watch anime the last time I visited and their internet was shit so it took 30 minutes to watch anything. I was downloading anime during that time without issues.

They paid for making it, to be more precise.

>Jaden Smith paid for making it, to be more precise.
FTFY

>Every single thing about it is worse
give some examples.

don't tell me you use this for MUH fps, but i only using adobe premiere to correct video if i don't like it, but that's not gonna work on old computer.

Did he really? What a fool.

What the fuck are you talking about? There is ZERO things streaming does better than downloading.
>quality
worse
>portability
non-existent
>offline
nope
>subs
shitty cr hardsubs vs anything you want
the list goes on and on

Oh, so the logo it a eye.

Looks like shit if you have a shitty internet connection. Looks fine if your internet connection is fine. At least as far as CR is concerned. Illegal streaming sites like KissAnime will ALWAYS look like shit and won't load unless you turn off your AdBlock, upon which your computer gets spamfucked with ads.

It's Pacman eating out a watermelon

Kaz Kaan is literally Jaden Smith's self insert fanfic power fantasy. It's fucking embarrassing, and there's no way Netflix would've made it if Jaden didn't shell out a bunch of cash.

It's nice that we can have fast subs, but I'd rather have quality. They're destroying Blend S, they fucked up GabDrop pretty bad, and so much more.

>They're destroying Blend S, they fucked up GabDrop pretty bad, and so much more.
But those shows are shit anyway.