One Piece: Franky Thread

Why does no one like him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o1ne1vw0n1s
youtube.com/watch?v=BEei99o6eJo
onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Straw_Hat_Pirates/Miscellaneous
youtube.com/watch?v=qXX8Zh8TNdw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Only true men understand and like Franky.

>nobody
he's my second favorite after sanji, it's a shame he isn't getting much protagonism aside from that manly fight on dressrosa

i hope he'll have some highlight moments on wano

I fucking like him.
Fuck you.
youtube.com/watch?v=o1ne1vw0n1s

He's just unremarkable, he hasn't done anything worthwhile after the timeskip.

He used to be cool and funny

Nowadays he's just a walking toy commercial

fuck you talking bout son
frankey is my boy!

He should have been the SH's captain
Prove me wrong

I miss his original hairstyle, the one moment he used it in sabaody 2 looked super

He's a terrible character.

It's because there isn't much to his character. He's universally liked by other characters and hasn't had a big focus in recent arcs for a long time.

who?

Robin likes him

my nigga

Se said he was building weapons to take down Kaido, so I'm sure we're going to see some cool stuff with him.

Lol at Sanji's reaction

Do people unironically read One Piece?

He lacks flaws to keep him interesting and give him character growth.

Flaws are literally what make characters interesting and promote character growth.

Because Popeye beat him to it.

Lol you cant read

You see that Franky in your pic, OP? That's the Franky people like. Whatever we have now is not a man. It's not even human anymore.

>Luffy breaks out of the cage and Robin is seen on the ground walking around
>Law wonders how the hell he got out of the cage
I love it when we see the crew just follow Luffy's crazy adventures casually while doing their own thing like there's nothing wrong.

Like everyone not named Luffy and Brook.

I miss Zoro

Lol, you can't write.

His post timeskip design is utter trash. Plus the gimmicks that everyone loved about the strawhats before the timeskip have been overdone and are annoying at this point.

"Super!!"

"May I please see your panties?"

Sanji's constant nosebleeds (I seriously cannot believe this was actually something they focused on at some point).

The only gimmicks that still make me chuckle a bit are Zoro getting lost and God Usopp.

>post-timeskip design looks fucking retarded
>この投稿に返信するか、あなたのお母さんは今夜死ぬでしょうSOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPUUUUURRRRRRこの投稿に返信するか、あなたのお母さんは今夜死ぬでしょう

>Liking Sanji over Franky
>Liking Sanji over anyone other than post-TS Chopper

Jesus Christ, user

Franky was one of my favorite SH before time skip, Oda really fucked up with him making him this giant robot.

I'm hoping he gets another upgrade and becomes more human again

I feel like he's a different character after the time skip.

>Not liking Sanji.

>right
>reft
>rght
>reft
>right
>reft
so manly!

OP is a confirmed faggot for not liking Franky

I can't appreciate his fights. It's literal asspulls as his capacities just keep on getting expanded to ridiculous levels. At least in Impel down they had the whole Cola as a power timer, now, he just whips out whatever the fuck he pleases out of no where.

I like him better than brook though. Brook is so fucking non-sensical

>Can't even break 100m when everyone else on dressrosa is far above it
What a shitter

The only boss fights he won with an out of nowhere upgrade was Nero on the train and the squid. Everything else was just him using the weapons he had already, or using his giant robot. Hell, Dressrosa was literally just him boxing.

i only hate his new design
his old one was great

(She grabbed his manly package...)

>Franky is American
>Robin is Russian

Oda a Russian shill confirmed?

I like him and his theme song.
youtube.com/watch?v=BEei99o6eJo

Since when do the characters have nationalities? Also, wouldn't it make sense, ethnically, that they all be Japanese since it's all made by Japanese people?

Nobody ironically reads something for hundreds of chapters, you are retarded and should die.

I really liked his old design. His bounty poster was up there with Soul King's poster too.

>Something stated at a time when nobody gave a shit about Russia
>Kid discovers Sup Forums
>OH RUSSIA BAIT
user I...

Oda said were One Piece to take place in real life Robin would be Russian and Franky would be american in an sbs

Bro, I was joking....

Autists are in love with one SBS. No not the one where Oda stated there are no nationalities. The one that came after. The one where Oda reluctantly answered because autists kept asking him about nationalities.

His new design wouldn't be as bad if he actually used his old hair more often.

Holy shit, I found it.

>In an SBS question, a fan asked if the Straw Hats were real, what nationality would they be of. Based on their appearances, Oda gave the following as a reply:
>Monkey D. Luffy: Brazilian
>Roronoa Zoro: Japanese
>Nami: Swedish
>Usopp: African
>Sanji: French
>Tony Tony Chopper: Canadian

Wu...why is this a thing?

onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Straw_Hat_Pirates/Miscellaneous

>Brook: Austrian

No wonder I’m attracted to Robin. She is Russian!

It's a thing because Oda had already answered that question, yet autists keep asking that question. Oda didn't give a straight forward answer like the wiki makes it seem. He basically said "Well if I have to, this is what comes to mind for no particular reason...."

>SBS Volume 22 - O: Hmmm. First of all, Luffy's crew is all "No-Nationality Men". You can't say what country they come from.
His original answer.

It would be cool if we saw the roulette again. I think Luffy might end up spinning it

I hate manga. Should I read One Piece?

>In the SBS Volume 51, Oda said that the Yojijukugo which would best represent the crew is "Unprecedented in history."

What does this mean?

One Piece has great world building and nice backstories, powers are creative but the plot moves along pretty slow sometimes.

If you hate manga, just watch the first 400 episodes of the anime. You can also switch at like 330 in the anime. That's when the pacing slows down a bit, and then really slows down at like 500.

>Favorite Foods
>Franky: hamburgers, french fries, and food that complements cola.

He was great but has been totally irrelevant since the time-skip, might as well have died, his new design is lame,,,it would have been better if he was just able to transform like a mecha, rather than just completely removing his humanity

That said, most of the Straw Hats have sucked hardcore since the time-skip, they shouldn't even be considered the same characters

His way of doing things isn't in tune with what people want. When they think of manly, they think of Zoro training and slicing people, rather then being honest with who you are and not caring what others think. Too much 'fun' for the fightfags, the majority of them would be right alongside the women, staring at Iron Shogun with no reaction. They don't get a man's romance at all.

Oh right, that's why everyone hates Franky, because he's meant to represent Burgerland

He's not crazy enough to do things needed to become PK. Would Franky punch a Celestial Dragon?

just wait until it turns out he's kaido's son

Yes, but I feel like he wouldn't be the one to lead into that situation. Someone needs to impassion him with a sob story about the atrocities the Celestial Dragons committed in the first place.

Franky would not do it. He was there with Nami and Sanji before Luffy got there. He clearly wasn't gungho enough to just save Camie like Luffy did. Why not just save Camie right away if he's willing to punch a tenryuubito? Only Zoro and Luffy were ballsy or reckless enough to do that.

Franky is my favorite sh
The fuck is you talking bout OP

Now post the other post-TS Franky designs. You chose his best one because he kept the old hairstyle.

Frankly needs to grow his balls back to punch the CD.

Are we in Wano yet?

>tfw hair is cannon

Plenty of people like Franky. No one likes Brook.

>Only true men understand and like Franky.
Bottled Franky Cola is the best.

And it has 1% alcohol content too as you can see on the label.

I wanna taste frankycola. Where I can buy this?

I like Brook.

>no one likes Brook.
Woah there laddie

Franky, Chopper, Brook, Usopp is the GOAT 4-man team

>No one likes Brook.
Brook is the best Strawhat, the fuck are you smoking?
Brook > Usopp > Franky > Robin > Luffy > Zoro > Chopper > Sanji > Nami

So were we getting a chapter this week or what

Is jump on break didn't see a note last chapter

>unironically liking Sanjay

You’re probably that creepy goy from facebook asking for bobs and vagene from every women you see

I like him.

I love him, but Oda completely fucked his design with the time skip.

He is easily my favorite character in the entire series.

He lost his pompadour and became shit after the time skip.

He's annoying shit who beat up best boy Usopp.

This picture proofs that that Franky would be 20 times better if he always would have his original hair

only true men understand the glory of post ts franky

Cannon hair and Whale hair we're top designs.
Sakura Franky in film Z Is great too.

Slit your throat

He's my favorite SH along with Sanji.
Before the TS he was #1.
Oda just didn't do enough with him throughout the series to give the audience a reason to get behind him after the TS and before it he had very little hype moments because he joined so late. His new design doesn't help either.
Franky vs Fukurou/Nero and Franky vs Señor Pink are some of my favorite fights in the series though. He just needs more 1v1s and less Franky Shogun.

He has flaws though.
They're just not easy to see because he's never a fucking burden like everyone else. Franky was always able to take care of himself without getting lost, dying of a nosebleed, getting captured(as a Straw Hat), getting his assed kicked and then leaving the crew, or being outmatched(as a SH)

Zoro is the most boring strawhat

suuuuper

Chapter this week?

RIGHT REFT RIGHT REFT RIGHT REFT

sauce?

The Bun loves him

I liked him a lot before the timeskip. The timeskip completely ruined him for me.

The Bun loves everyone senpai

Is that the kid from the flashbacks from when they were at the mermaid princess place? I'm a couple years behind on One Piece.

youtube.com/watch?v=qXX8Zh8TNdw
1 minute onwards