One Piece

Is Oda regretting pic related? Or does he know his fanbase is too dumb to call him out?

No, Luffy wanting to be king of the pirates is a staple of the series.

If you were to structure One Piece into a live action cinematic universe how would you do it?

And who would you cast?

======

I think a lot Romance Dawn is great but too spread out narratively, and even then would be strangely linearly episodic for its own movie.

I would cut it up into denser chunks and stuff it inside of Arlong Park.
As the characters split off or take on dramatic fights, their stores and how they met Luffy are briefly flashed back upon.
>Zoro being tied up to protect the girl
>Helmeppo torturing him.
>Teaching himself 3-sword style as a child
>Luffy silently appears
==============
>Kaia screaming at Ussop in the rain to stop lying
>Ussop's mom lying to him about his father
>Ussop getting his shit kicked in by Kuro
>Luffy appears with Zoro and Nami behind him
===========
>Sanji honorably feeding the Kreig pirates as their ship looms over the Baratie
>Sanji as a child starving alongside Zeff
>extra-brief Mihawk tease
>Luffy appearing to fight Don Krieg
========
Nami's sad flashback with a few bits of her and Luffy fighting Buggy together leading into the march to Arlong Park

Sequel oriented around Loguetown which I might controversially reinterpret as the first town inside the grand line that all pirates visit.
This way you can open with Reverse Mountain/Laboon/Baroqueworks tease, and go into Logtown introducing Smoker+Tashigi the history of Gol D Roger and Dragon tease with threeway fight between Buggy+Strawhats+Marines finale.

Third Movie: Retcon Chopper on the boat before opening on the Whiskey Peak ambush which leads into full Alabasta arc, Chopper gets his sad flashback during the desert march as he dreams of being cold again.

With Robin on board I think the size of arcs and pacing is much more even

Jaya+Skypiea
Water 7+Ennies Lobby
Thriller Bark
Time Skip stories leading into the Saboady 1.0 told as flashback
Amazon Lily+Impel Down+Marineford
Saboady 2.0+Fishman
Punk Hazard
Dressrosa

Obviously I cast Billy Murray as the Kung Fu Dugong

Theres already another thread sanafag

huh. maybe its a reach but Kata's "SO WHAT IF YOU KNOW MY WEAKNESS" or whatever he said seems kind of like a parallel to Luffy here

>Saying something cheeky against a guy who don't actually wanna fight him
>Actually hitting his head against the wall of power he still needs to overcome
>"I wanna beat the 1 Billion man at full power"
Wow man, is almost like, a story can't progress without conflict.

First for SaNa!

Yes hun. I'm your boogeyman
More pls

Hey...

What makes Katakuri so special that everyone thinks Luffy won’t beat him?

>mfw Big Mom's crew remembers how to deal with Minks making the last chapter's hype pointless.
>mfw Luffy vs Katakiri doesn't start this chapter meaning the arc drags on longer
>mfw a Berserk fan and am deathly afraid of boat fights
>mfw this chapter ends up being the last for the year.

where the fuck are the spoilers?

In your heart.

It's such a ridiculously massive scale with so many little arcs at the beginning I wouldn't bother following the original outside naming things and references.

Luffy will win but with a asspull

Luffy barely beat Doflamingo, and even then he had a ton of assistance.

Dogtooth is roughly twice as powerful as Doflamingo, maybe more. Luffy is fighting alone. He literally can't win without some kind of asspull.

that's a pretty tame face user

Beautiful....

>Sup Forums complains that the New World is too easy and Luffy is too carefree after losing Ace and wish he would take things more seriously now
>Oda has Luffy realize that he was in over his head with the whole "Not running" speech and has him get dominated by Big Mom and Katakuri.
>Has Luffy retreat after seeing how outclassed he is.
>Sup Forums complains that Luffy is a coward and a liar

All Luffy needs is something involving his Haki, which in and of itself is a power-up where logic and consistency can go out the window. Gear Fourth was already shown to beat the shit out of Katakuri when his absurd future sight isn't negating everything.

My only grievance is that Dogtooth is too strong, for being a no body that didn't exist until we got to Big Mam. Dogtooth is seemingly stronger than Doffy and on par with an Admiral, even though Admirals are supposed to be able to fight evenly with Emperors of the Sea.

Luffy made an arbitrary promise and starved himself before being captured and then left Nami and Jinbe to run around Big Mom's heavily guarded castle alone and nearly dead while still refusing to eat and regain his strength to meet Sanji. Of course he never runs into any of merit going to meet Sanji and just so happened to not need any strength if Sanji or someone else needed help along the way.

My complaint is the opposite, he acted like even more of a reckless idiot

To be fair, Doflamingo wasn't exactly powerful, he was a mid-tier Shichibukai. Moria was more powerful, by a pretty significant margin.

Did you miss the part where Moria was defeated by Doflamingo?

>even though Admirals are supposed to be able to fight evenly with Emperors of the Sea.
Who said that?

Yes. But maybe is just Oda losing his touch
Hey there buddy. Take Oda's cock out of your mouth I can't understand you

When was the last double chapter before this?

>even though Admirals are supposed to be able to fight evenly with Emperors of the Sea.

>Did you miss the part where Moria was defeated by Doflamingo?

Speedreaders, everyone.

With what, four Pacifistas on his sides?

You mean the Pacifistas the TS monster trio can one shot?

It is kind of screwy to have a guy who toyed around with Yonko commanders, including one of the elite in Jozu, be destroyed by Gear Fourth and then have that exact same Gear Fourth struggle immensely against Yonko Commanders.

I think it's merely power creep though

The melons were a mistake and you know it Oda...

>Marineford
Doflamingo is a full strength

>Dressrosa
Doflamingo is worn down after fighting Luffy and Law, then gets his organs torn apart by radio knife, and it STILL takes two rounds of Gearth Fourth to beat him.

Seems all three brothers have spears. Cool

>tfw Oda confirmed Luffy needs this bull to get it up

>even though Admirals are supposed to be able to fight evenly with Emperors of the Sea
Did you forget about how Akainu struggled with Whitebeard when he was on death's door?

Not to mention it wasn't really toying with him, he used a move that attacks internally, which isn't that easy to protect against, especially if you don't expect it. Besides, it looked like he could only restrain Jozu, not control him

Doflamingo screwing around with others was based on his OP fruit, not his durability...Katakuri also is not a challenge to Luffy because of his durability but because he can avoid attacks and his fruit is the perfect counter to Luffy's

Really what's going on is people are getting what they always asked for, creative fruits that are naturally difficult for Luffy's powerset so that he has to figure out clever new ways to use his own to beat them

But people are probably now realizing that's not actually what they ever wanted at all because it has always broken the universe that all these total nobodies with a screw loose have these crazy powerful fruits and anybody on the planet is still alive

Amy Anderssen as Boa Hancock

Step 1. Cancel it

>struggled

I've never seen the anime version of Marineford, but Akainu absolutely dominated Whitebeard in the manga.

I think Luffy's white kimono is probably the best one.

>muh anime
He tore his fucking face off and came out unscathed and then had enough left over to take all all twenty of Whitebeard's commanders and some Shichibukai

>Whitebeard is a manlet
>DYEL as fuck
>beard doesn't exist in multiple timezones at once

What the FUCK is this

>Marineford was post-skip
t. first division speedreader

It's a safe bet to disregard any post that unironically uses the term "monster trio"

Soyboy

>Dominated
Whenever Whitebeard got his hands on Akainu he fucking destroyed him. Akainu was faster and hit him with some nasty attacks, but every hit Whitebeard gave back was like a freight train, and put Akainu out of commission for a while, where as none of Akainu's attacks even slowed Whitebeard down.

The Pacifistas that the monster trio took out were outdated models from before the time skip. We have no reason to not assume they were the same models used at Marineford.

Do you guys think we'll see the roulette again. I could see it happening at the end of the arc

Whitebeard was the defacto strongest person in the world at the time, even then Akainu held his own.

Pacifistas were weaker in the past, not stronger, they were a non-threat to non-fodder combatants at Marineford

Why?

>Akainu
>Struggled
Nigger WB lost his main ship, face, 2nd division commander and a LARGE chunk of his alliance thanks to Akainu

Akainu's attacks were what killed him you dipshit

He didn't die because a few bullets hit him, it was because his fucking head and chest were melted away

Not really. Whitebeard had the title of strongest, but he was clearly not, seeing as how he was on constant medical support. Akainu was facing a Whitebeard that was old with failing health, already suffering from a serious chest wound and numerous other wounds from just wading through Marineford, and even after burning off half of Whitebeard's head, and putting two holes in him, Whitebeard still kept trucking and wailed on Akainu twice and threw him into a hole and Akainu didn't get back up until long after Whitebeard finally died.

Idk but if we do Luffy will spin it so Oda can show us how much of a cuc- I mean special snowflake Luffy is.

Buggy will show up and save his ass.

Yes but there were four of them and a fresh doflamingo, anyone besides Mihawk or Jinbei wouldn't have gotten out of that situation alive

Are you ignoring the fact that he got stabbed before Akainu even touched him? Even then, Akainu lost as he fell down the crack in the ground cursing WB. WB won that fight and Akainu was lucky to even be fighting an old WB who had gotten stabbed.

But thats wrong, user, seeing as how even after sustaining those wounds Whitebeard KEPT ON TRUCKING and didn't die until he was ganged up on by the Blackbeard crew filling him with bullets and stabbing him. Sure, Akainu's attacks lent to Whitebeard's inevitable death, but they didn't put him down.

I wouldn't say a large chunk, there were thousands of pirates and Akainu didn't kill even a portion of them while chasing Luffy

Boa could one shot Pacifistas, so she could have gotten out of it.

Now that we are on the subject of Whitebeard, when Blackbeard stole his quake power, anons were saying that Blackbeard ate him, just like how Big Mam ate her adoptive mother and got her powers through cannibalism, but Blackbeard didn't eat Whitebeard cause he was still there after the veil was lifted. I think Blackbeard just used his darkness fruit to suck away the quake fruit inside of Whitebeard, he did say that nothing could escape.

So are we getting spoilers this week or not?

Great Eruption was pretty devastating user.
I wonder if he has a pompeii type attack
But with Doffy there too?

He probably used the darkness of the veil to draw the fruit power to him. Maybe when he's submerged in complete darkness he can do some next level shit

Luffy wanted to beat him at full strength which obviously can't happen now, so they'll probably fight again at some later point.

eventually you stop feeling user

Even with Doffy. Boa is clearly extremely strong, she was completely untouched the entire war, and Pacifistas wouldn't be shit against her. She not only possesses enough strength in a simple kick to crush a Pacifista's head, but she also has her petrification power and her Haki, which means even one kick from her could end you.

I understood her one-shotting Pacifista as a result of her petrification power in combination with her kicks, not just brute force.

I don't think Luffy would do any better against Jozu than against Cracker. Probably worse.

Yes but Doflamingo has extreme stopping power, maneuverability, awakening and haki, the only question is could hancock escape lol

Jozu is a fucking weakling, like every Whitebeard affiliated pirate.

Gear Fourth would make make Jozu's attacks useless but I doubt Luffy has an answer for that diamond body

>le haki blooms in tough fights
He would just end up getting his haki so strong it breaks diamonds

>tfw I like Jozu's Devil Fruit
>tfw I hate Jozu
>tfw I hope the theory about Jozu getting his devil fruit stolen by Teach's gang and used on someone is true

Pls let this arc end already

Jozu would push Katakuri's shit in easily

I'm hyped for the Luffy/Zeus reunion. We know he can touch him so he could ride him as well. I think it would be a good nod to Dragonaball to have Luffy use Zeus to rendezvous with the rest of the crew. Dont know how it will happen, but I'm pretty sure it will

Forgot pic

Zoro was with him in Dressrosa.

Not having Zoro around IS the main reason that Luffy is OK with running away from Big Meme.

Kek

>My only grievance is that Dogtooth is too strong, for being a no body that didn't exist until we got to Big Mam.

Katakuri is probably the guy that Big Mom is grooming to become the next captain. Notice how everyone wets their panties at the sight of Big Brother.

Whitebeard was dumb for wanting trolled fist to become Pirate King.

>He would just end up getting his haki so strong it breaks diamonds
This would actually work after the whole Don Chinjao thing

>DUDE REMEMBER WHEN ZORO SAID HE WON'T LOSE AGAIN AND HE LOST AGAIN
This is your argument.

Then don't get mad when people call out Oda for being a hack

what if marco was an actual phoenix who ate the pineapple fruit

>Hack posters says that there are no consequences in One Piece
>Oda has his characters make unrealistic promises and claims and has them fail at them
>Hack posters still complains

what is the pineapple fruit's ability?
turning pizza into shit?

> Admirals are supposed to be able to fight evenly with Emperors of the Sea.

A nearly dead whitebeard with a hole in his chest and half his fucking face missing manhandled akainu like he was a child. It's not "one admiral = one emperor", it's "the entire fucking marines = one emperor"

What would be the point? Jinbei has already done that and wasn't affected. Only ones that would be affected are Chopper and Nami.

>he doesnt like pineapple on pizza
Go fucking shove more sausages down your gullet faggot

I feel like he should have been more clear that he would never lose to a swordsman again

Jozu lifted a fucking iceberg like it was nothing using sheer strength alone. If Luffy managed to power break his strings, then this is going to be a non-issue for him.

Luffy had enough allies around to beat him

Unfortunately, this is probably the norm from now on. Oda needs a dozen or so enemies to fight each arc, but the characters have gotten too strong to realistically fill those roles every time. So you get characters that are way stronger for no reason.

It's a problem that a lot of Shonen has. DBZ is probably the best example, where entire planets of people stronger than the last "strongest being in the universe" appear every arc.

I highly doubt Big Mom has ever considered her death, let alone life after it.

pineapple unironically makes your cum really sweet, perfect for the sausage festival that was the whitebeard crew