Taiga

So I just finished watching Toradora for the first time, and there's one thing I've been left wondering: why is Taiga such a compelling character despite how much of a jerk she is to others?

I'm seriously asking, normally I hate violent tsundere characters, and I'm pretty sure I would find a women like Taiga insufferable in real life. But at no point during Toradora did I actually dislike Taiga, and I'm not sure why that is.

I did dislike Ami-chan though, although my opinion of her improved somewhat

Because she's cute

>Because she's cute

So is Ami-chan but I didn't like her

Because she's cute and not a slut

Come back in a week and you'll find you've warmed up to best girl Ami

rest of us think she's a bitch, guess you just have shit taste op.

die

Because she's human. She makes mistakes, she gets violent, but she learns. She only tries to hide her embarrassment by putting up an act and we understand that she doesn't really mean it, and if the MC to leave her, she would feel pain and regret. It's that feeling of protection and sympathy, and seeing her grow and mature that makes her lovely

>just finished
>come back in a week
what will have changed tho

How can someone unironically like Ami?

Because she speaks the truth, I like Minorin as much an then ext guy but she had her head completely in the clouds.

I still think the ending to this was really poorly handled.

>rest of us
Don't count me in. Taiga is an angel.

Because tits.

Because Taiga reminds many of us about crushes or feelings we had around that age - that awkward struggle during teen years that makes little to no sense, and a wonderful story to boot. Heart-warming all around, leaves a nice pit in our stomach where we used to feel.

I stayed up till 4 because I was really intrigued but at the end of my viewing session I was kind of pissed. I ended up resonating with the parents more than I did the main characters.

because she's the only one that seems more mature and grown up besides the cute happy airhead and angery taiga

she's seen some of the real world and she's alright, a bit more cynical than everyone else in Toradora

>Because Taiga reminds many of us about crushes or feelings we had around that age
I didn't have any...

I feel empty inside.

the ending was fucking stupid

Wow, get a load of this guy.

Simple. "Likeability" is a shitty meme used only by redditors and plebians. Taiga is the absolute embodiment of this fact.

The only thing that sours Toradora is that it is so predictable. (If you have seen enough Romance-Film-tropes).

>How Toradora would have played out with normal people.
"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE?"

Though this is Japan so...
"Could you please leave."

She's a compelling character because of the author, and she's a jerk to others because of the adaptation.

because you want to breed her good

You mean the mother who escaped from home while underage to get pumped and dumped by a gangster?

You might be a masochist, she's an insufferable cunt.

She is mature, flirty and knows how to manipulate people. Her introduction episodes were the best because her character develops and the scene where she chases the stalker and beats the shit out of him is too good. She still stays playful and has her brutally honest moments.

I liked her the most because the author isn't forcibly trying to make you like her, she points out how Ryuuji keeps giving in to Taiga's whiny behavior and spoils her.

In a love triangle you basically have a 33% chance of predicting the ending anyways, it's not a genre that tries to surprise you.

taiga is a tsundere done right

Taiga is one of the few Tsun girls to actually go dere. Most "Tsunderes" are just Tsun the whole time, never making the transition.

Basically, ToraDora was a story that showed what other shows of its kind should do. It had Tiaga start off as a closed off Tsun, but gradually showed her open up to the MC. She has flaws, she has emotional issues that she doesn't hide by punching a guy and she actually cares for her friends, even if she doesn't always say it out loud.

tl;dr She has actual character development and isn't just a clone of Naru.

Hey guys sorry to intrude and all but

Ami is best girl.

You don't hate her because if you have any empathy you can't hate a sick cornered cat that scratches you. It's not your fault you get scratched, but it's not really hers either.

That's the story of Taiga. You don't have to love her, but you're emotionally immature if you can hate her.

Except Taiga isn't sick and cornered, she's just a major bitch.

at least unlike ami she doesn't try and hide it

Is that supposed to be a line of defense? Very emotionally mature. Taiga might have had a bad situation at home, but so did Ryuuji and he didn't turn into an overaggressive cunt and learned to take care of himself and his mother instead of sinking in trash.

Tiaga isn't comparable to a sick cat at all. She has family problems, but that is very minor in the grand story. What makes her likable as a character is that she actually speaks her mind and actively works to get to know the MC.

Minorin is great girl, but she uses every excuse possible to hide her feelings and avoid the MC. Ami is the exact opposite. She's a bitch who thinks she's better than the MC and all men as a whole. But then falls for him when he's the only guy who doesn't obsess over her looks or status. But the MC sees through her and rejects her multiple times.

Taiga is in the middle of both of these girls. While everyone else is either avoiding or forcing themselves on the MC, Taiga is just spending time with him on a daily basis. Initially it seems like she's forcing herself on him. But as time goes on, she softens and just comes over to spend time with him. She stops attacking and judging him and listens to what he thinks and feels. And likewise, the MC listens to what Taiga thinks and feels as well. This is what people do when developing a relationship. And something both Minorin and Ami kept avoiding.

The moral of this story is not that Taiga won the MC by pity or empathy. She won the MC by actually caring about him and being with him. This is from someone who prefers Minorin, but Taiga deserved to win. Because Minorin didn't act.

She is terrible annoying cunt.

Yeah, Ami is shit.

>Ami is the exact opposite. She's a bitch who thinks she's better than the MC and all men as a whole.
Did you even watch the anime? That attitude ended in the first episode she appeared, she treats the MC as her equal. Taiga doesn't even try to get to know Ryuuji, they just get into situations through pure luck.

Amifags are the worst filth posting on Sup Forums right now.

You could not be more right.

>the emotional insecurity of taigafags

This

>That attitude ended in the first episode she appeared, she treats the MC as her equal
Are you forgetting the whole last chunk of the story she spends pissed at him for not understanding her analogy instead of outright saying what she means?

>Did you even watch the anime?
Did you?

>That attitude ended in the first episode she appeared, she treats the MC as her equal.
She doesn't treat the MC as any kind of equal. The MC rejects her coldly and she starts to pursue him as some kind of thing to be "conquered". Which the MC plainly points out in their second meeting when he rejects her again. She doesn't think of him as an equal. She thinks of him as a challenge.

>Taiga doesn't even try to get to know Ryuuji, they just get into situations through pure luck.
Her coming to his house on a daily basis is already her actively seeking out the MC. While this initially was forced, it gradually becomes something the both of them want and look forward to. And as I already explained, she starts to ask him questions about what he likes, what kind of person he is and etc. She just does it in an indirect way by asking questions about Minorin ion place of herself.

Thanks for contributing.

Fucking retard.

Ami best girl in Tora