Why is this so popular?

Why is this so popular?

Anime? Shit in every aspect except for the soundtrack.

Manga is actually really decent.
Can't go too deep into it cause then I'll seem like your average diehard TG fan.
Give it a try, if you don't like it put it down.

fpbp

>Why is edgy shounenshit is popular?

It's insanely entry level.

Many japs walk the path of the edge.

For me I like to keep up to date on it because there is always a good chance that tumblr whales will kill themselves. The chapter where Ken and talker fucked put half of tumblr's ken x hide fanbase on suicide watch.

Everything about it appeals to chuunis.

It's saturated and edgy enough to appeal to a broader audience.
Pierrot are also assholes for practically scrapping the drafts that Sui sent to them.

Because white haired boys.

Feels like a discounted version of Parasyte handling the same themes but done terribly

That mask.

nice manga covers

It's fujoshit, but it's well hidden enough that non-fujo plebs simply perceive the artificial popularity it has due to fujos and assume it's due the edginess instead. And so they flock to it, further amplifying its reach as a secondary fanbase.

Edgy manga attracts edgy teens. Which is why this shit is mostly popular on Dumblr.

>Manga is actually really decent.
First manga is amazing.
:re even better till 56.
After chapter 56 just drop it. Seriously don't bother with rest.
Everything gets retarded to full retarded which is current arc.

You'd be better of watching Root A then reading anything Ishita currently writes. That is how much manga is bad rn but Ishitafags on Dumblr & Leddit will always disagree.

Fujo's were violently BTFO by the main character having graphic sex with his girlfriend (female) for an entire chapter. making it automatically one of the most important manga ever made.

but they fugged!!!!!!!1!11!!!!!!!!!

>Edgy manga attracts edgy teens.

more like retarded people!

>There's a lot of Gender bender was going on throughout the series
>a lot
Juuzou's childhood
Kaneki and Q's infiltration
Mutsuki
And none of that's even gender bending, it's just cross-dressing and juuzou getting his cock and balls cut off.

t seething fujoshit

Edgy teens

An interesting premise and a writer who knows how to build hype.
Sucks that he doesn't know how to write though.