One Piece

Is Pudding's Devil Fruit the most dangerous ability in the series?

It can induce flashbacks, and we know flashbacks majorly increase character mortality rates in One Piece.

Too bad it hasn't done anything significant in this whole arc, aside from changing the chefs' memories.

Yeah, it seems like a huge Chekov's gun, and it isn't even the only one this arc.

that depends, how dangerous are sleeper agents?

Can this shit arc just end already?

nolol

The arc isn't over user.
What bothers me the most about this type of power is that it can potentially be used as a reset button. As much as I want the BMP to make up with the SHs I don't want it to be too easy and I don't want Oda to take the easy way out of this arc. Now that he put the SHs in deep shit, he has to get them out of here too, no deus ex machina and no asspull allowed.

Is the effect of her DF permanent? Will Reiju never remember her encounter with Pudding?

Fuck you.

Pudding's power can't be a Deus Ex Machina because it's not unexpected anymore. We already know about it. If it were to solve some problem now, that'd not be a DEM as we knew about the power itself ahead of time.

I don't know if it's shit but it definitely went on for too long. I think maybe blending Sanjis family history with Big Mom was too ambitious for Oda, it's too much to deal with at once in my opinion. There are big story elements in One Piece that haven't been dealt with at all that I'd much rather see.

>Big mum cant remeber what happened to Mother carmel
>Character with convinient memory powers introduced in same arc

GEEZ I WONDER WHATS GONNA HAPPEN

What will happen if Big Mom remembers what she did to Carmel? She'll kill herself? Shut down? Chimp out even harder?

>Big mum cant remeber
She literally didn't see what happened, tears blurred her vision.

Ayo Whitebeard be hittin that dab!

The fucking escape takes too long.

What's next? Luffy beating up fucking Katakuri and killing off any potential to revisit the BMP in another location?

What others are there? Pound was one, but he isn't anymore. Reiju's ability clearly is one, just like Smoothie's. Germa in general will likely do something important before the end. I suppose the comic about Germa is one, but that was probably just a funny way to introduce them.

And how will Pudding know she'll have to stir up this one particular memory? Nobody knows jack about Carmel.

>if the audience expects a god will be coming to fix everything by the end of the story then it's not a deus ex machina anymore
I feel sorry for you user. This opinion can only belong to someone who watched so much shit they can no longer tell what they're watching.

>Shut down?
I'm really afraid of something like this. Oda is already nerfing her with the hunger pangs. All he needs to do is go one step further.

>opinion
I'm stating a fact, because you don't know what a Deus Ex Machina is. I didn't post any opinion whatsoever. I don't care if this were to happen or not.
A Deus Ex Machina is an unexpected plot device that comes out of nowhere to fix a seemingly unsolveable problem. My point being, since we already know Puddings power, it wouldn't be a Deus Ex Machina as its not an unexpected plot device.

>expects a god will be coming to fix everything
But we had the "god" introduced since many chapters ago. Mind tell me how couldn't that "god" fix BM's memories?

>Big Mom has a mental illness
>loses weight and power

How many nerfs does Oda want to give her? Just kill her off or have Blackbeard oneshot her offscreen lmao

>cool looking character that didn't really do much

also how tf didn't he die

pudding's bullshit is like the v2 of sugar's powers minus the wacky toy. oda hasn't explained shit about any of the side bmp so either this arc still has a shit ton to go or they will be back.

Probably till Pudding dies

Awakened zoans have extreme healing capabilities.

I have nothing against Big Mom killing herself or becoming a vegetable after founding out what she did to mother Caramel and the others. Meaning she needs to fuck off from the story, her character is of no importance, Brook already stole/copied the poneglyph.

We would just lose another year or two if she comes back in the story later. I would be okay with her return if it is in Elbaf and Luffy goes 1 vs 1 with Big Mom without her crew being there.

Meh, it's debatable. The matter of whether something is unexpected or not lies in the eye of the beholder. But I'll admit, I went too far, your definition is the right one.

I just fucking hate that shit when an OP character waltzs into the scene and fix everything. Doesn't matter how early or late they were introduced, I hate it. Just let the SH get out of the shit they put themselves in on their own power, not anyone else's, and especially not Pudding. Let them get what's coming to them and don't nerf or undermine Big Mom, her powers or her character anymore than they already are, for fuck's sake.

post a more heartwarming image
protip: dekin

yeah hopefully since we're at the yonkou stage this becomes the arc where the strawhat crew finally learns to get out of their own shit rather than relying on others for help

>loses power
We don't know that yet. It might even be the opposite

>don't nerf or undermine Big Mom
Looking at Pudding's two-faces behavior, I have faith that the escape will be done in the hard way.

Man, all the girls are fucking garbage and have the same body type. What the fuck?

>a world where 90% of females are perfect 90/60/90s
What's the problem?

Yeah, but Oda's women look unappealing as fuck lmao

>lmao

get out newfag

And power

Shit i forgot the implication

can't you fix your shit taste already?

Reposting in response to:
>Translation: Sanji was supposed to fight everyone and fight more
This WAS his year, everything about WCI was focused on him, his backstory, his family, his relationship with his crew and Pudding. This was exactly what Oda said it was: His year. You fightfags are fucking horrible.

>I don't know if it's shit but it definitely went on for too long
kek it is not even 70 chapters long yet
newfags who are not used to reading One Piece weekly everyone

>Nobody knows jack about Carmel.
the one witness is conveniently helpless to stop her from probing her mind..if she didn't already for the cake.

But Sanji could easily beat up that Oven jobber.

>lmao
You are just here to shitpost, aren't you?

>no chapter this week

Since it's a double issue. Can we expect next week chapter earlier?

Is that Fujitora with Rayleigh?

How many episodes till anime reaches chapter 858?

Where is the next chapter I want to see more Sulong Carrot asap FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

It will probably go on for another year.

>next chapter is Carrot Blanco defeating more jobbers
>and Luffy vs Katakuri again
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

and i want more GOATakuri

What's Aokiji's end game?

perfect

Base Carrot is cuter than her meme form.

Spying the Blackbeard pirates and then jobbing to a Blackbeard crewmate

hello minority with a shit opinion

both are very fappable
if you disagree you have shit taste

>Someone has a different opinion
>It must be bait.

I just wanted an excuse to post that pic.
You're opinion is still pretty shit though

we all know she's going to use this with Sanji in the end of the arc way to go Oda you fucking hack

Spying for who, the marines? I'd like to see him with Dragon but I doubt that they would trust him, same goes for Teach.

Do people unironically read One Piece?

I don't have your faith user. I'm afraid Pudding is good for good now.

How do you read it ironically?

Seriously though. How the fuck can you seriously think that WCI is a bad arc.

You posted this in another thread. Get a better bait

Of course not, it's only the best selling manga in the world ironically.

>I posted it again XDDDD

>tfw you will never get ironically rich like Oda.

I don't think its bad, I do think that its drawn out though. This whole cake part is dumb. They should've just fucked off when they had the chance and not given a shit about her rampage.

>Pudding is good for good now.
Unironically I would be happy for that if that means Sanji can finally found his genuine happiness beyond years of suffering.

> ironically earning $20million yearly
I can only wish

Agreed. Why the stupid fucking escape mini-arc? Only two minor npcs died and the main members are still alive.

nice job; i made the last one, it's a big improvement

>Why the stupid fucking escape mini-arc?
Because escaping from a Yonkou territory is not an easy task
>and the main members are still alive.
Might was well bitch about every arc in the series then

Oda went full JoJo with devil fruit abilities after time-skip and makes the series worse. Now any random schmuck has relaity-warping powers whilie failing to do anything interesting with them.

I've been reading since whenever the first volumes came out in European regions back in like 2003. Just because the arc has not reached a high chapter count doesn't mean it hasn't gone on for too long. You can easily stretch a story thin, and I think they have with this one.

>reality warping powers
So just pudding and linlin? The others just have food related powers.

>Oda went full JoJo with devil fruit abilities after time-skip

>being used to literal shit means the shit isnt shitty
"kek" indeed.

How the fuck are BM powers reality warping?

>The fucking escape takes too long.
I mean, they're trying to escape from a fucking Yonko's territory. It's not supposed to be easy.

>ability to freely interact and manipulate souls, and give life to inanimate objects
How the fuck is it not?

They're not trying to do shit, they're just killing time until the cake is ready.
If all they wanted to do was escape they'd just coup de burst the fuck outta there.

>They're not trying to do shit
>If all they wanted to do was escape they'd just coup de burst the fuck outta there.
But of course it had to be an speed reader

What are you talking about? Deus ex Machina isn't a meme, it originated in ancient Greek tragedies where a fucking God that had no place in the story until the end would arrive in the scene from above (with mechanical support, hence the "ex machina") and give closure. If something's part of the story it's by definition NOT a Deus ex Machina. I don't care if you like it or not, but you're just coming off as an illiterate, uninformed cunt bitch.

Well yeah, that's exactly what I said.

You're right, I didn't think that they wouldn't be followed if that simply ran away. Fucking spastic, think before you post.

Well you come off as someone who can't read quote chains, that's not much better, cunt bitch.

They don't have enough cola for another coup de burst

Law and Sugar, Doflamingo counts too, his strings can do basically anything as long as there's a pun for it.

Apologies, I got the wrong user.
Slit your wrists.
Read this, illiterate sperg

Oh, I missed the "after the time-skip part" and assumed he was talking about just this arc. Law and Sugar are certainly up there too.

>Chief, that ship just flew off at the speed of light!
>Follow it!
>There's no way our ship can fly, or go anywhere near that fast!
>Just wait for the wind to pick up.

>Kuma literally repells the fatigue and damage out of luffy pre-timeskip