Terra Formars

Just found the recent news about Terra Formars resuming publication in April 2018. Are you guys happy for the author and Johj? I know I am.

I always get the feeling that it would have been way more popular, had it been published in the 80s.

The picture from a twit apologizing for the wait and making readers worry about stuff. Cute Michelle.

landing on earth was a mistake

They'll go back to Mars eventually.

It is rather popular in Japan at least. It's still 47th best selling manga of 2017, even though it was on put on hiatus very early in it due to author's health problems.

I remember this series. Did Michelle and the MC fuck yet?

The problem i have with this is that I don't get attached to characters enough to care if any of them die and that I can't even remember what was going on when picking it up again. It has a feeling of being very drawn out. What i remember is that some guys on Mars are fighting turkroaches and different kinds of roaches are showing up.

Not yet, they got to make not-a-kissu 2 times though due to circumstances.

Too much screen time and not enough deaths on the human side.
I want JOJH not that shirt.
Hopefully a super Jesus roach appears.

They haven't even dealt with normal Jesus Roach #1 or 2 though.

can you give me a rundown of the series rn

last i read the roaches had landed on earth. what the fuck is going on now? do the roaches have feelings for the humans now?

Roaches had landed on Earth before the third Mars mission happened, they're working with the Chinese government. They'd been kidnapping people and sending them to this secret experimental facility to create Terraformar/Human hybrids, right now they're launching an all-out invasion of Japan.

A lot of things happened, Johj being revealed to be on Earth all along (almost) happened like 80 chapters ago.
>do the roaches have feelings for the humans now?
Pearse's translation can become nigh indecipherable at places, but if I remember the right explanation the Baldy in the picture is crying because he feels extreme shame due to the Owlman (the one lying in front of him) backing him in the corner and scaring him.
The Baldy that is currently on Mars actually showed some respect for humans.

>Not yet
For fucks sake

I think the time is appropriate given the humanity in peril/survival trend we're seeing in manga like SnK. I don't know why it's so unpopular though, maybe the insect theme doesn't appeal to people.

It’s true, when I was in Japan in May it was put in displays like hot shit in all the secondhand manga stores (opposed to the tens of thousands of volumes on the shelves).

I enjoyed the hell out of the anime. Should I bother with the source material because a year ago everyone told me not to bother with it.

I guess I wasn't there when it happened, because I would say yes you should. You should probably start from the beginning though.

what's this guy's base

Nobody knows.

Same as Eva's since he stole it from her.

Superior Aryan genes crossed with some super adaptable thing to create the ultimate ayan human.

>Superior Aryan genes
Big friendly Giga Nigga (human) is from the same clan though.

Still hasn't been revealed? That's annoying.

Yeah but didn't he get his own MO operation?

No, he went to Mars specifically to get his hands on the best and newest result of the German M.O. innovations. Among other goals, but this one was probably the main one.

Terra Formars character bios are the funniest shit.

>what the fuck is going on now?
What isn't going on.

Why is he sad?

Oh fuck no.

I really need to read the manga to see how the hell this happened.

Joseph already had his own MO though. He just also stole Eva's and coincidentally Adolf's as a result.
He really lucked out.

From his (and other roaches?) point of view you are either 1 or 0, since roaches are clearly superior to humans (how the roaches see it) they should be 1 and humans should be nothing before them so when he got too close to being defeated by a human, that hurt his roach pride too much. Keep in mind that it is also the second or third time he got his ass handed to him.

He absolutely already had the Mosaic Organ, but he hadn't received another creature's characteristics via the Organ yet. Until the recent innovation with people being able to temporarily share their characteristics with other compatibles, they could get more than 1 animal characteristics through parentage, and that's only the miracle baby Michelle and the great scientific success Akari.

Oh yeah, Eva is another specimen with 2 bases, but that was only due to the unique circumstances.

This used to be good but it went full retard in two year's time. It took Gantz 8 years before it went full retard.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Terra Formars was rather consistent with its internal logic. The asspulliest thing I can think of is the reveal that Keiji was wearing big ass arm protectors that were considerably weighing him down right up to his fight against Mantis Shrimp Cockroach and that fight was still cool so I let it slide.

Going full retard =/= being inconsistent. Not that user but I reckon that happened around when they went to earth

Not really, It's been shit ever since it came back to earth but that new guy who was a sports player or something? Is pretty fucking cool.

Also didn't translations fall behind?

>I have no idea what you are talking about

Going full retard means taking something too far, to the point that it loses any interesting, unique or great aspects that it had. I can turn of my mind for humans with animal powers. I can turn off my mind for super cockroaches. But now my leeway of suspense of disbelief is taken advantage of and abused. No one gives a fuck anymore cause they are out of fucks to give.

>But now my leeway of suspense of disbelief is taken advantage of and abused
Can you give any examples?

>Can you give any examples?

The last time I kept up with the series, was they had just realized that Bao or that china man if I got his name wrong, had a lot of copies of himself. That's when I jumped ship.

>caring about relationships in a non-romantic manga

Bao was killed before his organism powers were revealed so it's not like that in itself wasn't a giveaway of his possible "survival". And it still falls in "humans with animal powers" category.

What's wrong with that though? Using his ability to create multiple copies of himself was a cool gimmick.

But Terra Formars is a romantic comedy.

i thought it was cancelled over how bad it became

You are confusing correlation with causation. I don't say that people have given up on Terraformars cause of any particular thing, but a platitude of things building up over time. The NTR of german bro, the constant power level scaling one ups, the nerd hackerman roach, the evil organization subterfuge, the waifu killings. It's just a fucking mess thematically. I'm here in this thread cause I still want to keep tabs on the series and read it once it's over but I'll be fucked if I try to keep up with this shit every chapter.

>not enough deaths on the human side

Did you even read it?

Okay, I see your point though the only thing I can agree with you is the fact that too many pretty girls were killed. Good thing that many aren't. The breast girl was basically resurrected.

Had they kept the same quality for the anime's 2nd season I feel it would have been way more popular.

Did my boy Onizuka ended up fucking the narwhal girl or the chink girl?

With series like these (Gantz, Inuyashiki, Mahou Shoujo of the End, High School of the Dead) etc, it's always been about style over substance, but it has to be paced well. Terrafomars is the type of thing that's interesting every now and then due solely cause of its subject matter.

If they didn't have any censoring at all in the first season, the series would have been way more popular.

did he had a kids with some woman he raped ?

They were doing breeding experiments like Joseph's Family.

>If they didn't have any censoring at all in the first season, the series would have been way more popular.
The censoring wasn't the issue since the Blue Rays made up for that. Season 2 was utter shit in the quality/direction department.

>breeding
with human or just playing with tubes

Tubes

what is he saying?