Kemono Friends and more earn nominations for Japan's CG World Awards

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2017-12-14/your-fav-cg-anime-and-games-are-vying-for-cg-world-top-awards/.125292

The top "Grand Prix" category is awarded to the studio or creator of a remarkable, successful work. The nominees are:

Yaoyorozu for Kemono Friends. The staff noted that the work helped clear up prejudice and misconceptions about cell-shaded CG animation.
Orange for Land of the Lustrous for its well-executed action sequences, facial expressions, and rich character representation.
Visualman Tokyo for the live-action Tokyo Ghoul film for the realistic special effects used to create the ghouls.
Oxybot for the live-action Fullmetal Alchemist film. The magazine credits the studio for its breakthrough effects to create Alphonse.
O.L.M. Digital for the live-action JoJo's Bizarre Adventure film and Snack World. The studio has consistently created large-scale visual effects and CG projects recently.

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2017-12-14/anime-viewers-kanji-of-the-year-picks-include-little-sister-kemono/.125228
twitter.com/tukesugita/status/941599684128251907
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm32387282
embed.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31662486
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who cares, Tatsuki isn't coming back

The more KF award gets, the more exposure Kadokawa's bullshit gets.

Come on, Kadokawa, just set light to keg barrel again. Just a little flicker will do.

who?

Nope, only 1 more week until Tatsuki releases his Christmas special.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHA
HA

haaaaaaaaa

My fucking sides. I enjoyed kemono friends but come on.

Kemono friends saved anime

The reasons it received the nomination are pretty valid though. With its shitty animation it managed to be the first full 3DCG anime that was as wildly successful as it has been and has done a lot to aid in the acceptance of 3D animation in anime, something much more polished productions have failed at time and time again. You will note if reading the OPs post the nominated for how good its animation is or anything like that.

Yeah, that's valid. But what kind of competition it is when nominees are there for different reasons?

That's like competing bikes and cars for noble prize

Or like nominating movies of different genres for the movie of the year award.
Oh wait.

The award seems rather general, just a "best use of CG" kind of thing rather than "best CG animation". It's like the best film award at the oscars or something, the films in there can be there for a whole host of reasons, great acting, direction, soundtracks, costume and so on.

But, KF is there for being a successful CG show -
a popularity contest rather than quality.

this

Is this the new Kemono friends thread or is this just a thread about some awards thing?

It will be 80% KF content and 20% people pissed at KF gaining another award, I guess

That is indeed what I just explained to you and the reason given.

KF also won Best Anything at the This user's Cute Animal Girls Festival

stop hurting yourself user.

Merry Christmas Friends!

Man, all I want for Christmas is a short with Reindeer and the Arctic Hare and Fox and Polar Bear.

Lalalala...

Lalalala...

Welcome to the japari park...

Any of you guy watching Killing Bites next season?

I still believe in Tatsuki faggot.

hell no

Why is my wife touching worst girl

With that pv?
Yuck, no

No Kado? Plot went to shit but the visuals were pretty good

I love kemomimi so I guess I'll join the ride.

So any news?

Supposedly the orchestrated soundtrack release date was announced with the newer concert a few days ago, but I don't know what it is.

No one cares about that, or anything at all except 1.

Tatsuki is going to China on 23rd to participate in an event for the best artists in the industry. Everyone is hoping that some chinese investor would invest on Tatsuki and get him out of Kadokawa's bullshit

The new designs for S2 look weird.

I care about it

Yeah, it reminds me of that awful shit Taboo Tatoo if any of you saw that.
On the otherhand.
I gave Kemono Friends a chance because of my own love of animal girls, so I'm more than willing to give this a chance.

Wait, why the cape though?

>it reminds me of that awful shit Taboo Tatoo
Only good for the butt shots? Yes, most likely.

>Made by the same idiots who helped produce Berserk 2016 and botched the adaptation of Nigger Cockroaches From Mars
It's pedigree isn't very good that's for fucking certain.

All we need is a Jaguar-colored OK sign emoji

I love this cow.

A reference to Superman. The Honey Badger is famously one of the toughest animals on earth.

She's suppose to be a superhero or something.
Greater Honeyguide is her sidekick.

That is a big cheese

>awful shit Taboo Tatoo
It had some fun moments so I wouldn't say it's complete shit. If Killing Bites is going to be something like that then I guess I'm going to enjoy it too.

post the NTR one

Anime viewers in Japan picks "Kemono" as kanji of the year.

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2017-12-14/anime-viewers-kanji-of-the-year-picks-include-little-sister-kemono/.125228

Tied at the 3rd Position is "Friends". Still dominating polls.

To bad we can't have fun here because blackpill fags want to ruin every thread by whining about Tatsuki.

It sucks that 妹 didn't get the top spot, but I'm fine with 獣 taking it.
>Japan's official choice was 北

So how shit are the other 4 then?

Land of the Lustrous is pretty great, the others listed in OP aren't anime.

>Second is imouto
>Third is silver
Silver fox strong

Never lose hope!

I'll do it for her

There are several reasons to watch it.

Stale honey badger memes that are technically true but feel older than 2006 for some reason.

Studio can make it a train wreck of epic proportions and make it so bad it's good.

Kemonomimi stuff, I liked kemonomimi stuff.

i was there, what an upset

I miss the merch ideas

Jaguar Juice
twitter.com/tukesugita/status/941599684128251907

>CG World
So the special Olympics?

Super Sip

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm32387282
Cool remix of the Animal Trivia theme, Cerulean theme and Finale theme that sounds like it would play during a decisive battle.

>and has done a lot to aid in the acceptance of 3D animation in anime
and this will ruin the industry cuz executives doesnt get what it made popular and will fund shitty studios who handles shitty CG animation
Thats why KF is the cancer that is killing the anime industry

any news from the RPG?

I don't get it. Are they just abandoning KF if Tatsuki can't come back?

Fans are, I don't know about Kadokawa.

try me

I will watch the s2 but without any expectations

Normies will eat S2 whole and ask for more because they neither know nor care about the underlying problems. This is exactly the plan Kadokawa has in mind and it works.

People will notice Tatsuki being gone.

>Yukemuri Utopia

Holy shit, this is Touhou-tier good.

Pretty sure that the shitstorm made over him has made it pretty much impossible for anyone watching this show to not be aware of how fucking key it is that he be around.

KF was a failed franchise before Tatsuki.
Nigga worked as a director, producer, and writer for the show without any budget and created a masterpiece

Kadokawa wanted to create a generic money milking machine and they started by removing the soul of the franchise.

No one's going to abandon it. Kadokawa betrayed the fans

No they won't, S2 would be so bad not even normalfags would eat it

>Sugoi! You're a friend who's good at fund gathering!

I'd cream my pants if Tatsuki were to direct AL anime adaptation.

It still gets me. They could've nickled and dimed this franchise into oblivion all they wanted and I'd eat it up so long as I knew the core of it, envisioned by Tatsuki and irodori, would always be there.

I'm still hoping but fuck, isn't it crazy how in less than a fucking year so many fell in love with a thing and then it was summarily killed?

>implying FukuharaP didn't go to China to sell Tatsuki off to the chinks for that reason

>So I told Fukuhara to sabotage his two most popular franchises by only firing one man.. he actually did it the absolute madman hahahahahahaha!

Not even just normies, fans themselves are still buying merchandise and attending events.

CD sales is expected at 10k

Quite a lot for a show that is nearly a year old considering most don't manage that during their time airing.

Dale a tu cuerpo alegria Macarena
Que tu cuerpo es pa' darle alegria cosa buena
Basu dekkitano? Iie, Denkinai-arena

ZEN ZEN! WAKA-RENA!

From 150k

The first single sold 37k not 150k.

I added digital downloads.

Digital downloads are not included in the ranking you are pulling the 10k figure out of your ass based on.

You get the point.
Not even Wug suffers over 50% drop in just a few months

Wake Up Girls never even sold more than 10k at its most popular.

And it never had a massive drop.
Try Love Live records if you want to play it that way. Their drop maxes at 20%

It did have massive drop. Went from 9,613 on their most popular down to 2,295 in around 6 months.

You literally just make things up.

embed.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31662486 some previews for orchestra

No. It did not drop, it had a boost. WuG averages at 2-4k.
Love Live at 30k
Im@s at 10k

But they all have their own outliners like Final Moment at 96k for Muse, Im@'s Star!! at 62k, and Aqour's Happy Train at 50k

Look at the picture you idiot. Their first single sold 9,613, by 6 months later they were selling 2,295. That is a huge drop, not a boost.