Hello fellow pirates. How is the loss of net neutrality, going to change pirating anime...

Hello fellow pirates. How is the loss of net neutrality, going to change pirating anime? Will it become harder or impossible? Should I get everything I need, before it is too late?

>Hello fellow pirates.
How do you do fellow pirates?

> How is the loss of net neutrality, going to change pirating anime?

In short, not at all.

People forget that neutrality was not a thing until 2015.

I'm hoarding as much as I can just incase.

You'll never take me alive, Pajeet.

>neutrality was not a thing until 2015
Net neutrality was not unambiguously law until 2015. Prior to then, Internet service was generally considered to fall under Telecommunications Title II "Common Carrier" established around 1930.

All that happened in 2015 is that big ISPs lobbied to be the only telecommunications industry exempt from Title II requirements. They failed so handily in their argument that a redundant law was put into place to explicitly define ISPs as equivalent to phone companies, so ISPs would stop whining about how they could be making more money.

> Prior to then, Internet service was generally considered to fall under Telecommunications Title II "Common Carrier" established around 1930.

Yeaaaaaaah.... no.

I'm guessing you're way too young to remember Prodigy or AOL or Minitel.

Here's the thing about torrenting. It's like going to a banana stand and holding the banana farmer and his family hostage at gunpoint. You're stealing the bananas he worked very, very hard to grow and sell. Meanwhile you're also alternately raping his children and wife until you turn your perverse sexual demons on the farmer himself. While you're forcing the innocent family to commit heinous acts of incest and sodomy you are eating the bananas for free. After you run out of bananas you execute the entire family at point blank and defecate on thier remains. Then you go to a coconut stand down the street and see your opportunity to abduct and rape the 74 year old shopkeeper and her husband at knife-point killing both after torturing them for hours. This is pirating anime in a nutshell.

I don't live in the land of the Free and buy BDs of shows I really like.

>Retards like this live in your country and vote on issues they don't actually know anything about
Spooky stuff

MAGA, bitch.

>supporting the anime industry
Disgusting.

See it's weird because I'm wondering if you actually believe the lies that come out of your mouth or if it's just an ebin troll or what
It's really fucking surreal, we've reached a point in political discourse where it's actually impossible to spot sincerity

How is he retarded or wrong? Name calling doesn't rebuke his point.

>"They want to deliver vast amounts of information over the Internet. And again, the Internet is not something that you just dump something on. It's not a big truck. It's a series of tubes. And if you don't understand, those tubes can be filled and if they are filled, when you put your message in, it gets in line and it's going to be delayed by anyone that puts into that tube enormous amounts of material, enormous amounts of material."
>"A series of tubes" is a phrase coined originally as an analogy by then-United States Senator Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) to describe the Internet in the context of opposing network neutrality. On June 28, 2006, he used this metaphor to criticize a proposed amendment to a committee bill.
Millennials believe that the internet started with Facebook, meanwhile I remember the days of IRC, USENET and 14.4k baud modems.

> See it's weird because I'm wondering if you actually believe the lies that come out of your mouth or if it's just an ebin troll

You want to understand it? I'll let my friend Confucius explain it:

> "Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."

I don't care about network neutrality in the context of censorship, because your side is chock full of fucking hypocrites who employ the heckler's veto all the time.

I can't believe everyone in the alt-right is actually just a useful idiot
I guess that's to be expected, honestly

Anybody who joins a large movement of any sort is a dope, regardless of whether they're right or wrong.

You still haven't answered how it's any different now than in 2015, faggot.

I could be supporting greedy middlemen instead

Those three are Internet services, but are unrelated to Common Carrier law.

AOL, Mintinet, and Prodigy were ISP-plus-extra, and that 'extra' was the exclusive part. If you pay for Hulu, you don't get access to Netflix - but neither of those have to do with your Comcast subscription. Common Carrier and "net neutrality" are about excluding access to businesses which aren't owned by the ISP, like if your phone company charged you hundreds of dollars per minute to call a competing phone company.

ISPs are trying to have their cake and eat it too, getting a cut of other companies' profit without owning those companies.

You could be supporting nobody like I do.

I can't believe that the progressives are incapable of admitting that maybe they crossed the line and are getting the response they provoked.

> AOL, Mintinet, and Prodigy were ISP-plus-extra

They were not. They were walled gardens for much of their existence. You could not simply load a browser and go anywhere.

I was thinking of the whole of their existence. If you want to restrict the comparison to their 'walled garden' period, the comparison becomes invalid because those are fundamentally different businesses from ISPs today. There's nothing in Title II which would prevent Comcast or AT&T from restructuring themselves as 'walled garden' companies with an extra fee for general Internet access, but that's not what they're trying to accomplish in reclassifying themselves.

>People forget that neutrality was not a thing until 2015.
try 2005

Pirating anime was already shit during 'net neutrality'. Sites try to appease license holders by removing all licensed anime and it's really made finding anything older than a few years a pain in the ass (without maintaining a private torrent account)

What's going to get worse? I'd rather it go back to irc, its easier to just get it from the sub groups themselves anyway

People forget that the internet not a big truck. It's... it's... like a series of tubes.

RIP Ted Stevens, your ancient memes will be missed.

> but that's not what they're trying to accomplish in reclassifying themselves.

THEN THE POPULAR ARGUMENT THAT THE END OF NETWORK NEUTRALITY IS A THREAT TO THE INTERNET IS BUNK.

Seriously. The only way, the most outlandish claims of the neutrality proponents can possibly be true, is if the companies intend to become walled gardens.

Which you're correct, they don't plan to.

That's the problem here. The neutrality advocates are peddling a gross exaggeration... THAT EVEN THEY KNOW IS BULLSHIT.

The term "alt-right" is just an invention which attempts to segregate what is the effective majority of right-wing conservatives from the in-power conservatives of the current American politic. The alt-right doesn't exist. They're conservatives. The attempt to label the majority of conservatives as "bad" is just more evidence of the neo-cons to put down the uprising of the next conservative generation while they are still out of power.

if paid posters were required to lurk two years before posting they might resemble Sup Forums users more than call center injuns

Why am I not getting paid to shitpost? Is my skin not shitty enough?

About as much as the temporary loss of nyaa, the pirate bay, and other sites like mangatraders have affected the consumption of any media ever, i.e. not at all. Making torrents themselves illegal is impossible. Freedom is basically a currency that can be manipulated, bought, and sold like anything else. Net neutrality is just taking control of a specific freedom in order to give companies the control needed to get you to buy it back. Anytime you have nice things that someone looks at and sees they can exploit for profit it's going to happen. It might change from its current form, but it's dying one way or another because someone can make money off of it. Pretty much the same thing with gun control, you can own literally any kind of weapon you want if you have enough money, machineguns are totally legal, just expensive, as are things like grenades, EFP rounds, tanks, etc. As long as you pay and do some paperwork it doesn't matter. If you don't think money can buy nuclear weapons just look at Putin. Luckily anime is still such a laughably small industry that nobody is going to care about it, Crunchyroll is pretty much the only player on the field and look how completely inept they are. If you want to pull Disney films or whatever flavour of the month HBC show is airing, you might get you're shit fucked, but that's basically how it is right now anyway.

Why worry? Nothing ever happens, and if something does happen people will find a way to go around it and continue with their lives.

see

They don't want to become 'walled gardens' with a paid general Internet option for consumers, they want to be general Internet with a pay-to-be-accessed fee for other companies on the Internet. Getting customers to pay more for high-traffic use is easy enough with data caps, and they've been used to increase revenue in the past. But by arbitrarily slowing (or blocking) access to successful businesses, ISPs can run the equivalent of a mafia protection racket for even more profit. Economically, that's a death sentence for Internet-based businesses.

Ask yourself this: if ISPs should to be Title II exempt, why shouldn't phone service also be?

Major companies don't care about north korean pictographs
so it'd be way below the bottom of there list.
It's probably better to get any non anime related thing you want while you can first.