Why didn't i cry?

Why didn't i cry?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/s2h2ldgERgI
youtu.be/utzTyZANqfs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because Clannad is shit. Kiminozo, WA2, Kanon and even EF are way better than this.

You've been here for too long (not long enough to be called oldfag, tho) and has since been desensitized

why is it so highly rated? I don't understand

Because it's retarded melodrama, and the writing is garbage. The only reason it's considered a tear jerker and was once famous for making people cry is that anime fans have the sensibility of literal children, and thus are easily emotionally manipulated

Probably autism.

Wow Kanon has way too much forced drama, even more so than clannad

What speed were you watching at?

>My insecurities have made me put an act of tough guy my whole life, now i'm convinced i'm more mature by being emotionally dead inside!

2x. Why do you ask?

>Not being moved by cheap melodrama is the same as being dead inside
I honestly feel sorry for you if you are actually older than 20.

Did you like it?

>I can't enjoy life, therefore i'm the only one that lives correctly!

The pacing of the show is important. Just like how you can't really enjoy aria if you watch it sped up.

Clannad, and pretty much everything Key makes, is the epitome of the hamfisted way that some Japanese write.
>There's a little girl walking on the snow alone, crying, and calling for her mother while a sad piano music plays.
>The girl has a magical disease that will kill her, no one can explain it or cure her
>Everyone express their emotions in the most overblown and exaggerated way imaginable, like having mental breakdowns, screaming, crying rivers and bursting out of laughter every time
>The world literally works to make everything sad and dramatic all the time

It lacks subtlety. It's cheap and looks like was written by someone who never interacted with human beings in their lives.

I watched both clannad and clannad:as in about the span of 2 weeks

No

You have no soul.

>I don't have anything to say, so I'll just project my autism on you
You can like whatever you want. but the idea that not enjoying Key melodrama equals to not enjoying life is so absurd that's almost funny.

Are there really luddites that speed up their anime, film, and whathaveyou?

Pretty accurate

youtu.be/s2h2ldgERgI
this is the only scene that made me feel any emotions

You've seen more than 10 anime.

kek literally this, it's just ridiculously manipulative

Wasn't as bad as Ano hi Mita

So fucking accurate.

You are dead inside.

Or maybe he's just not an emotional clusterfuck like the teenagers who cried to Clannad-

>sad all the time
You have obviously have never seen Clannad. It’s 50-60% comedy.

You are death inside.

Dont worry, its normal. If youre somewhat mature you cant cry over Clanned but youll tear up for 10/12 episodes of Tsuki ga Kirei due to sheer amount of happiness you felt at the end of each episode.

What's wrong with being sensitive?

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""comedy""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

You're sane

possibly the most overrated anime of all time

Because it's shit

because you love japan period

>was written by someone who never interacted with human beings in their lives.
Fuck off, Miyazaki.

>Clannad done right
What anime would that be?

Wrong.

Since the airing season until now, Clannad always receive mixed opinion.

Haruhi
no bullshit melodrama and all the focus on the good characters

Correct.

Or maybe he would've cried if Clannad had believable drama and didn't scream at you to cry with every element of its production whenever said drama happens. Clannad's main dramatic elements have the subtlety of an airhorn.

>overrated
You must be eighteen years old or more to browse here.

If true, then probably mental illness.

If this, then definitely mental illness, you do not belong on this board and fuck off.

>piss-simple story with a splash of fantasy elements emphasizing the importance and wholesomeness of family and love with story beats engineered to make people cry because that's what they're trying to fucking do
>huuurrrr people are 2 sensitive, and I am superior

artificial drama. Also O MY LIGHTS

unironically forced drama.

Clannad After Story is the only thing, period, I have ever called manipulative. Every single aspect is calculated down to the frame to make you feel exactly how they want you to feel, exactly when they want it. I actually imagined the director watching me during the climax going "three... two... one... cue Sad Dumpling Song." It's almost sickening.

absolute masterpiece my favorite anime

Memes.

>action movies supposed to make you feel pumped
>people praise the movie for manipulating them to feel hotblooded while watching

>Sad or emotional shit supposed to make you feel emotional
>"Hurrr it was so manipulative"

>emotional scene makes people cry
>people automatically equate their tears to sadness, even if the scene in question is the complete opposite of sad
>people are so incapable of identifying their own emotions when they happen that everything is either happy/mad/sad

99% of Clannad ladies and gents

Sadness requires more of a connection and more immersion from the audience for them to care than action does. Action can be easily enjoyed on a technical level without said immersion. You could be disinterested in the characters and story of an action movie and still find its action cool. With sad shit, if it doesn't make you feel sad, then all you're left with is something that might look pretty or have pretty music.Basically action has many sensory appeals outside of immersion whereas sad shit banks on immersion.

Your Lie in April was sadder and that show was shit.

Babby's first drama anime

Because you arent a faggot

I don't cry to dramashit like clannad or whatever, but Master Asia's death always makes me cry.

The VN is way worse. 70 hours of overrated garbage flushed down the toilet. Little Busters was way better for the same amount of time

Haruhi, K-ON!!, and even Chuunibyou got me closer to crying than Clannad.

Clannad was pretty boring, and also .. 'pathetic' ?
It's highly overrated.
Yes it's sad but not that dramatic and the storyline is total shit.
I would suggest your lie in april: short and good

The real answer is because you went in expecting sad shit to happen and expecting to cry.

because you have no soul or you've been spoiled of the whole plot

>because you have no soul
kek

Sunahara was the best character in Clannad. He was amusing and was an absolute bro. Does anyone have that huge screencap going into him?

I loved clannad, because of Tomoyo I watched Claymore, my real favourite anime

>Your lie in april
>good
pick one

youtu.be/utzTyZANqfs
fuck you, ep18 was good.

Rewrite anime when? I want to see my waifu animated.